Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Tell Me.....
wdmmom 12:20 PM 10-06-2011
I had a new DCB (3 yo) start daycare yesterday. DCM was 35 minutes late dropping off but called to let me know. She then mentioned at drop off that she needed to pick up at 130pm. (This isn't allowed because it's during naptime.) But she said she made the appointment 3 weeks ago before he was in my care so I let her pick him up early.

Here's the low-down of what happened yesterday...got told "No" a lot. He hit my 1 year old so he sat in time out, he clearly doesn't know how to share toys so the toy got taken away, he refused breakfast and cried throughout lunch. He napped for about 45 minutes.

Today: A lil less of the "No", drank his milk at breakfast, did not eat, for lunch he only ate his french fries, no fish or applesauce. Napped for about 1 1/2 hours but woke up in the middle of naptime and would not be quiet. All my other kids know that I will get them when it's time to wake up and that they must remain quiet while the others finish their naps. He wouldn't get off his cot but he kept asking for candy!!!

AND...DCM said she mixed up his appointment yesterday...that it's actually next week Wednesday at 130pm. Should I tell her that she will need to come pick him up at 1230pm than because that is when I put the kids down. I make it very clear that no departures can occur during naptime which is 1230pm - 3pm.

I really don't want to start out this way...it only leads to bigger, more consistent bologna later!
SilverSabre25 12:23 PM 10-06-2011
yep, tell her. don't even hesitate.
Cat Herder 12:29 PM 10-06-2011
She has plenty of time to be able to make arrangements to get him an hour earlier (and follow your contract) by next wednesday.

Nip it in the bud, now.
wdmmom 12:30 PM 10-06-2011
I just sent her an email reminding her that I don't allow pickups during nap. I asked her to pick up at 1230pm or to reschedule the appointment. We'll see how that goes!
WImom 12:34 PM 10-06-2011
I agree with the others, 12:30 pick up. Sometimes it's harder to train the parents.
momma2girls 12:55 PM 10-06-2011
I had to add this to my contract several yrs. ago. It's so hard when parents come in, leave, then come back, pick up, then leave again, and sometimes come back again
I had one family bring their child here at 8:30, come pick him up for his appt. at 10:00, then brought him back at 1:00, not eaten dinner yet, and then pick back up at 4:00- ughh!!!!
To make matters, worse the little one yr. one was so tired, and hungry, by the time she dropped off, screaming, woke up my child, who was just laid down at 12:30- never again!!!!
Cat Herder 12:58 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
I had to add this to my contract several yrs. ago. It's so hard when parents come in, leave, then come back, pick up, then leave again, and sometimes come back again
I had one family bring their child here at 8:30, come pick him up for his appt. at 10:00, then brought him back at 1:00, not eaten dinner yet, and then pick back up at 4:00- ughh!!!!
To make matters, worse the little one yr. one was so tired, and hungry, by the time she dropped off, screaming, woke up my child, who was just laid down at 12:30- never again!!!!
Oh, that sounds awful!!!

Yeah, one drop-off, one pick-up, per family, per day is the way to go.
nannyde 01:04 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
one arrival
one departure
per parent
per child
per day
momma2girls 01:06 PM 10-06-2011
I added this as well- one drop off and one pick up per day. Plus no pick ups during naptime, before 12:30 or after 3:00
Tags:late arrivals, late pickup, nap - disruptions
Reply Up