Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fuming
BentleysBands 05:46 AM 10-11-2010
omg, a dcp jsut called and asked this : i have this weeks $ but i just checked my checkbook and we dont have the next 2 wks..can i pay u those 2 wks at the end of the month when we get paid (they r paid monthly--teachers) ?

so nice ole' me says its fine that i will write a letter indicatring this and have her sign it...man! what have i done to myself?? i'm so mad at myself!!
MyAngels 05:54 AM 10-11-2010
I think I would ask for a post-dated check, and I would make it clear, in your letter, that this is a one time only accomodation and will not be a regular practice.

Geez, some people - back in the day when my own kids were in daycare I always made sure to pay the provider first, before anything else.
MarinaVanessa 06:38 AM 10-11-2010
Wow that's awful for you . I can't believe that people have no shame when they ask for something like this ... it's not like we tell them things like "Yeah, so I really want to buy this really cool thing so can you pay me now for the next 3 weeks, thanks!"
Lucy 08:29 AM 10-11-2010
I like the idea of a post-dated check. They should trust you enough not to cash it till the date they write on it. Except for the fact that they can stop payment on it, but that would cost them money.
missnikki 08:59 AM 10-11-2010
By asking that they are basically asking you for a loan. I have been burned by post-dated checks before, so what I do now is tell them to go ahead and give me the post dated check, but add the 10% late fee amount on it.
BentleysBands 09:25 AM 10-11-2010
well, i went ahead and called the mom back and told her i just couldnt do it. she said how sorry she was and that her mom will watch them for those 2 wks. i expressed to her that i can not guarentee her childrens spots will be here then. i get calls all the time and have a great reputation here and ppl always want in so if i get a call i will take them. she was saddened but understood. thanks guys for the backbone
Tags:late payment, payment, payment problems
Reply Up