Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Know If I Have To Use Pack-N-Plays?
Core12 07:35 AM 08-31-2017
I'm a new licensed daycare in Missouri and am getting ready to get more babies. I thought I read in the manual that babies could sleep in cribs, etc. I have a cradle I was wanting to use instead of another pack n play.
I know there is a manual online, but I thought I would check here first.
Cat Herder 07:51 AM 08-31-2017
Most states require cribs or pack in plays provided they meet regulations. I do not know of any state that would approve a cradle.
hwichlaz 08:25 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Most states require cribs or pack in plays provided they meet regulations. I do not know of any state that would approve a cradle.
Cradles are fine in California. They are, after all, just a small crib that rocks. The bassinet of cribs so to speak. But they have to follow the same safety guidelines as cribs...how far apart the slats are, bedding etc.
Cat Herder 08:28 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Cradles are fine in California. They are, after all, just a small crib that rocks. The bassinet of cribs so to speak. But they have to follow the same safety guidelines as cribs...how far apart the slats are, bedding etc.
I would have expected safer regulations from California.

Here is a link from Missouri, OP. https://s1.sos.mo.gov/cmsimages/adru...r/19c30-61.pdf
Tags:back to sleep, cribs, infant sleep, missouri, positional asphyxia, regulations, safe sleep, sids prevention
Reply Up