Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Sure If Anyone Can Help but Hoping
Unregistered 10:52 AM 04-09-2016
We are a military family and will be moving this summer sometime so I will be closing daycare. I am also in my first trimester of pregnancy and starting to get real nauseous. I had planned on closing the end of May but some things have lined up where I could close the end of April. Financially me working one more month won't make a difference so do I close the extra month early to prepare for our move and rest with this pregnancy or try to stick it out to give my daycare parents a little more time? I know this is a personal decision but any advice or input would be great. Thanks in advance.
Unregistered 11:09 AM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We are a military family and will be moving this summer sometime so I will be closing daycare. I am also in my first trimester of pregnancy and starting to get real nauseous. I had planned on closing the end of May but some things have lined up where I could close the end of April. Financially me working one more month won't make a difference so do I close the extra month early to prepare for our move and rest with this pregnancy or try to stick it out to give my daycare parents a little more time? I know this is a personal decision but any advice or input would be great. Thanks in advance.
Also should say I been fighting burn out for quite a few months now.
Thriftylady 11:21 AM 04-09-2016
If it isn't going to make a difference financially, I would go ahead and give notice. Perhaps give a months notice and maybe everyone will find new care before then? I am one that was very ill through both pregnancies. Being preggo just didn't agree with me at all. I honestly think it had to do with my hormone issues in my case. But you need to take care of you and the baby also. Who knows you may move, get a little further into your pregnancy and not feel so horrible! Maybe a few months off will help your burn out and you will be ready to go again after the baby.
childcaremom 11:28 AM 04-09-2016
What does your contract say?

If you aren't worried about finances, I say close as soon as you can. You shouldn't feel bad/guilty about putting yourself first.

Best of luck with the move and your pregnancy!
Unregistered 11:35 AM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
What does your contract say?

If you aren't worried about finances, I say close as soon as you can. You shouldn't feel bad/guilty about putting yourself first.

Best of luck with the move and your pregnancy!
My contract just says I have to give at least a 2 weeks notice but if I close the end of April it will give them just under 3 weeks.
LindseyA 11:40 AM 04-09-2016
If I were you, I would close at the end of April. That would everyone 3 solid weeks to figure it out. Please know that you have to do what's best for you & your family.
e.j. 11:47 AM 04-09-2016
Since it doesn't make a difference financially and your policy is 2 weeks notice, I would say go ahead and close at the end of April. Take care of yourself and the baby. Congratulations and good luck.
Unregistered 11:51 AM 04-09-2016
Thank you everyone. I do feel so guilty but it helps to hear from you guys that I shouldn't feel that way. I have had my family for 2 years so it will be hard. This is my third pregnancy so I know what is in store for me over the next couple months and I'm not sure how I would power through it. I give mad compliments to women who do daycare through morning sickness. Or any job for that matter.
Unregistered 11:58 AM 04-09-2016
Thank you everyone. I do feel so guilty but it helps to hear from you guys that I shouldn't feel that way. I have had my family for 2 years so it will be hard. This is my third pregnancy so I know what is in store for me over the next couple months and I'm not sure how I would power through it. I give mad compliments to women who do daycare through morning sickness. Or any job for that matter.
And a move but I'm kind of used to that now
ColorfulSunburst 02:59 PM 04-09-2016
My point:
do unto others as you want them to do unto you
Josiegirl 03:07 PM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
If I were you, I would close at the end of April. That would everyone 3 solid weeks to figure it out. Please know that you have to do what's best for you & your family.
Exactly!! I think many of us would feel the guilt even if we gave them 6 months. Tell them end of April, it still gives them plenty of time to find other care and this is an important time in your life to take special care of yourself! Good luck!
Unregistered 03:16 PM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
My point:
do unto others as you want them to do unto you
Can I ask what you mean by this?
Unregistered 03:17 PM 04-09-2016
I should say also that I have not given them any closure notice yet so they do not know that I was thinking end of May before.
Unregistered 02:33 PM 04-11-2016
Well I told Mom today and she didn't say it but her tone and demeanor says she is pissed
Play Care 03:01 PM 04-11-2016
Well I told Mom today and she didn't say it but her tone and demeanor says she is pissed
That's okay. She can be upset. You've done nothing wrong. You gave at least two weeks notice. There's no law that says you must work at the same job forever and ever, lol.
Good luck!
Unregistered 03:24 PM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
That's okay. She can be upset. You've done nothing wrong. You gave at least two weeks notice. There's no law that says you must work at the same job forever and ever, lol.
Good luck!
Thank you. I needed that. I never have developed a very strong back bone. And pregnancy hormones have made me extra sensitive.
Thriftylady 03:40 PM 04-11-2016
Thank you. I needed that. I never have developed a very strong back bone. And pregnancy hormones have made me extra sensitive.
I agree with the PP. She can be upset, she will get over it.
childcaremom 03:42 PM 04-11-2016
One thing I've learned with terming.... no one likes being termed. She'll deal and get over it. You can relax.... it's over!

Take care of yourself.
MyAngels 03:46 PM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Good luck!

Trust me, if the situation were reversed she wouldn't hesitate to give you minimum notice without thinking twice about how you would feel about it. Change happens, it's part of having children in daycare.
rosieteddy 08:04 AM 04-13-2016
I have said it before on this site"we can be replaced in a heart beat". I closed after a heart attack last year.The parents found care in a very short time.They moved right on even after caring for two of these families for 6 +8 yrs.They need to work and the kids need care.Were they concerned,sure for a minute.The parents will get new care you're family should come first.Good luck.
Tags:closing due to pregnancy, military, military providers, notice of pregnancy, pregnancy
Reply Up