Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Passed My Inspections Now the Waiting Game
lthomas06586 02:04 PM 12-01-2016
Passed both of my inspections today one for licensing and the other for the health inspector now just waiting for the fire / safety inspector. Only issue I'm having is she said that I passed my inspection (licensing) but I have to wait possibly until January 15 for my actual license and can't take kids until she finishes processing everything even though I've already received my copy from the inspection which to me makes no sense at all is this normal? For it to take that long? I'm in Texas i applied for licensing in October 15 and just seems to be taking forever. She also already gave me my Director's license as well.
ljohnson81 07:08 PM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by lthomas06586:
Passed both of my inspections today one for licensing and the other for the health inspector now just waiting for the fire / safety inspector. Only issue I'm having is she said that I passed my inspection (licensing) but I have to wait possibly until January 15 for my actual license and can't take kids until she finishes processing everything even though I've already received my copy from the inspection which to me makes no sense at all is this normal? For it to take that long? I'm in Texas i applied for licensing in October 15 and just seems to be taking forever. She also already gave me my Director's license as well.
Congrats on passing your inspection! I'm surprised licensing actually did an inspection without the fire inspector inspecting first. Once you receive your director's certificate your are qualified to operate as a director. Not sure why you wouldn't actually get your permit until January 15 is strange to me too. Did you receive your operation number? Texas usually don't take that long ( at least within my area) to issue a permit. Maybe it's due to the holidays. If you don't mind me asking what area of Texas (e.g. north, southeast, etc)? You don't have to be too specific I'm curious because I'm in Texas as well.
lthomas06586 07:25 PM 12-02-2016
West Texas but she specifically stated that i could advertise and interview but i could not take kids yet I honestly feel like her work load is too much for her because she takes the whole 21 days to do everything I've been looking of the Technical Assistance Library and it says something completely different from what she is saying since it would be 45 days if she takes as long as she says but the library says she only has 60 days after my license is accepted to mail or contact me to pick up my permit.
ljohnson81 02:17 PM 12-03-2016
Yes, it could possibly be her work load as well. You can go to https://www.dfps.state.tx.us then click on child care licensing and then go to information for providers and you can register to check on your status. The website also has a lot of other information such as forms that can be used for your daycare. I'm a former director, but I'm in the process of opening my own center. I have frequent contact by email with my former licensing rep which will be the same rep for my proposed center. I often ask her questions. If possible maybe you can email your rep. They usually respond to email quicker than phone calls. She should have given you her information during the inspection. Since I'm from Texas I will try to help you anyway I can.
Tags:inspection
Reply Up