Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Star-Brite Learning program
mbullette 12:27 PM 05-14-2013
Do any of you use Star-Brite? Do you like the program? I am torn between Star-Brite and Funshine so I wanted to ask. I just ordered the June curriculum from Star- Brite to see if I like it. Just thought I would ask.
GrannyJ 01:55 PM 05-17-2013
I tried Star-brite, I didn't like it. There was just too much prep work. You have to cut every little thing out, it was horrible! I thought funshine was alright but I felt like I didn't get enough for my money. I really like Mother Goose Time you get lots of activities with hardly any prep time at all.
Unregistered 02:03 PM 05-17-2013
Mother goose has been my favorite as well- between fun shine and mother goose
Unregistered 06:26 PM 05-18-2013
I preferred funshine express over mother goose. The customer service was excellent! Everything was vibrant and colorful. I found mother goose graphics dull and repetitive. I haven't tried Star-brite. I hope this helps!
DaycareMama 07:56 PM 05-18-2013
I have tried them all and LOVE Star Brite! It is by far my favorite. I don't find there is a lot to cut out at all. I order it for my older 3's and 4's and they do all the cutting. The most cutting you should be doing is the new calendar numbers they send you every month. Even those I let the school agers cut out.
They also send a lot of work. Sometimes we have a hard time getting through it all and my kids are pretty advanced. But those days I will just weed out the activities I don't like.
I love that it comes with a newsletter and a monthly coloring book.

I am really curious what you think about it. I don't hear many people talk about it and I think so highly of it. The customer service is awesome too.

I wish they offered a add on for younger kids.
StarBriteLearning 10:47 AM 07-03-2013
The Star-Brite program does not pre-cut any of the children's activities so that they will learn to utilize their fine motor skills.

Here's what is NEW for the 2013-2014 School Year:

-Animal hats with corresponding story book
-New Color Calendar Scenes
-Beginning SPANISH vocabulary incorporated
-Enhanced Worksheets with free chalk boards for each child
-Giant Weather Frog with seasonal clothes and daily weather charting

If you use coupon code "0910" you can receive $5 off your September 2013 order as well!

Cradle2crayons 02:28 PM 07-03-2013
I just looked up the star Brits and oh my gosh how does someone actually AFFORD curriculums like that?? That would cost me more in a month than it costs to FEED my kids lunch!! All the coupon codes in e world wouldn't make it worth it for me.

I have a curriculum I put together myself for free and its tailored to each child.

Years of home schooling experience and research came to good use.

I live in a very poor area and I'm not any better off than the parents of the state pays. Neither myself or my parents can afford a curriculum of that magnitude.
daycare 02:34 PM 07-03-2013
unless you have kids about age 4-5, I don't see how they could cut the stuff out....you would end up having to do it all..

most of my 4 year olds still cant cut very well
Reply Up