Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Ssn
mamamanda 06:50 AM 01-21-2016
Can a client still claim their childcare deduction without my ssn? I feel really anxious about giving that number out, especially since I had someone leave on not the greatest terms. Obviously I want to give them what they need to file, but I'd really rather not divulge the social security number as that is personal and used for so many security things. I didn't know if there was a way around that.
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 01-21-2016
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Can a client still claim their childcare deduction without my ssn? I feel really anxious about giving that number out, especially since I had someone leave on not the greatest terms. Obviously I want to give them what they need to file, but I'd really rather not divulge the social security number as that is personal and used for so many security things. I didn't know if there was a way around that.
NEVER give out your SS#.

Get an EIN instead.

Its free and takes minutes to get

https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small...r-(EIN)-Online

Yes, parents CAN still claim their child care deduction without your SS# or your EIN.....its more difficult but can still be done.
mamamanda 08:01 AM 01-21-2016
Thank you very much! I was feeling really anxious about this. I will apply for the EIN this evening.
Reply Up