Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Does My Insurance Cover If Visiting Santa Gets Injured?
sahm1225 07:48 AM 09-28-2017
If I hire a person dressed As santa to come to my house for a party, if there's an injury (say, Santa falls), does my insurance over it or do they have to have their own insurance?
storybookending 08:03 AM 09-28-2017
I would look for a company with their own insurance but I was told by my insurance company that any injury that takes place on your personal property is your responsibility. Even during non daycare hours and if the person was trespassing, and not given permission, your property.. you are liable. I am not sure if this varies by states but this is what I was told.
TomCopeland 09:04 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
If I hire a person dressed As santa to come to my house for a party, if there's an inhury (say, santa falls), does my insurance over it or do they have to have their own insurance?
Your homeowners insurance may or may not cover you in this situation since it's a business activity. Ask your insurance agent and get his answer in writing. In most cases, you'll need business liability insurance to protect you.
sahm1225 09:38 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Your homeowners insurance may or may not cover you in this situation since it's a business activity. Ask your insurance agent and get his answer in writing. In most cases, you'll need business liability insurance to protect you.
I already have business liability insurance and a separate homeowners insurance too. Do I still need to ask the insurance agent?
TomCopeland 02:29 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I already have business liability insurance and a separate homeowners insurance too. Do I still need to ask the insurance agent?
Whenever you have a question about whether you are covered for an accident, it's always a good idea to talk to your insurance agent. Policies vary in what they cover. Your insurance agent is your friends, who can best help you when you tell her/him your situation.
Tags:liability insurance, santa claus
Reply Up