Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Prop Boxes
kpa0627 08:21 PM 07-19-2010
Do any of you have prop boxes on hand that correlate with your theme so you can pull them out for that week? If so, what do you use as your "box" and how do you label/organize them? Do you purchase them or just pick up things along the way to add to your theme boxes?
Unregistered 05:26 AM 07-22-2010
I've been putting together prop boxes on my own for the past two years to go with the curriculum themes that I do with my kids. Usually the materials in the prop box are what I set up in the center areas (like my little science area or reading corner.) After we finish the theme, I put away the puppets, toys and manipulatives until we do that theme again. That keeps the contents exciting and new for the children. I just keep them in my storage closet on a shelf when not in use. That way the kids are tempted to grab them and open them up. I've been matching my themes to Mother Goose Time curriculum www.mothergoosetime.com- I just got a brochure that said this company is starting to assemble and sell labeled prop boxes to go with their theme - I think they are calling them ToyBoxes. I'm going to check into them - that would save me so much time!
Tags:label, themes, trays
Reply Up