Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Assistant Problems Maybe?
Unregistered 02:42 PM 08-18-2015
Hi
I recently hired a full time assistant for my home daycare business . She's a wonderful hard worker, who loves children. So I've been noticing that one of the children I care for has become very close to her. He no longer acknowledge me, doesn't even call my name. When he falls or just might need the thinking chair he starts screaming and calling her name over and over. I dont think it's normal becUse she's only been here for a few weeks. Out of all my children he's the only one who's attached to her to the hip. Maybe I am not as sweet as he but I love all the kids I care for. I just give a more structured daycare almost like daycare center. My other kids love. I guess I'm just jealous any tips? As soon as she leaves he just starts looking for her and shuts down.
Unregistered 02:46 PM 08-18-2015
This is perfectly normal behavior, some kids just like certain people more and its nothing personal. She might remind him of an older sibling or aunt or some other relative. When I worked in a center there was a kid who was attached to me just like this from my very first day. He was in tears when I was moved to a different room and would look for me every morning. I wouldn't call this a problem, it sounds like your assistant is perfect and you should be happy your kids (especially this particular one) like having her there so much! Kudos to you!
Tags:assistant
Reply Up