Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payground Equipment
Pandaluver21 02:15 PM 09-22-2016
I know it varies by state (I am in CO) but what substrate do you have/have to have under your equipment?
You are not allowed to have anything on grass here and I just find that weird. Pea gravel, sure, but no grass?
daycare 05:05 PM 09-22-2016
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I know it varies by state (I am in CO) but what substrate do you have/have to have under your equipment?
You are not allowed to have anything on grass here and I just find that weird. Pea gravel, sure, but no grass?
i think your best bet would be to check with your licensing agent.
Pandaluver21 05:34 PM 09-22-2016
Not asking for what I should use, that I know. I'm asking what other people use
Febby 05:44 PM 09-22-2016
My center uses a combination of mulch and rubber mats under/around all our equipment.
ColorfulSunburst 06:33 PM 09-22-2016
I have a two-level wood deck and an area that is covered by rubber tiles.
Blackcat31 06:39 PM 09-22-2016
I have deep holes worn in my grass yard under my swings.
My state has no requirements for FCC.
LostMyMarbles 07:33 AM 09-23-2016
In my state we need 6 inches of something under. Grass does not count. I could totally not mow my lawn if it did. lol. I use bark chips. There are cheap and easy to replace with a bag here and there. I would LOVE to have the mats made out of recycled tires but I bet they are, shall we say cha ching!
Controlled Chaos 08:32 AM 09-23-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have deep holes worn in my grass yard under my swings.
My state has no requirements for FCC.
Seriously?! Jealous!

If there is a dirt spot where the grass has died at the bottom of a slide or under a swing its a big violation

I have these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 just under my swing set and at the bottom of the slide. They are AWFUL expensive. But really sturdy. I purchased them a few at a time each month as I had money. I laughed at needing them, but they are a really nice cushion. I didn't want wood chips because of them spreading into the grass and being a pain when mowing.
Snowmom 08:39 AM 09-23-2016
I don't have any licensing requirements, but chose to put rubber mats under our Rainbow playground.
It was just easier for mowing, keeps the kids cleaner and provides a bit of cushion.
I got them from a local farm supply. They were $40 per 4'x6' section.
Tags:colorado, regulations
Reply Up