Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wooden Hammers For My Munchkins!
KSDC 11:48 AM 10-07-2014
So, I saw an neat idea of hammering golf tees into a pumpkin. Then pulling the tees out to leave holes for the candle light to shine through. Love it!

But, I don't have enough toy hammers to go around for everyone at the same time. So, I start searching the internet. All I find are tool sets for $$$ or single toy hammers for even more $$$.

As I continue to search, I come across the most amazing thing: Crab Mallets! Living in the middle of the country, with no oceans around, I have never heard of these wonderful inventions. I was able to get a bunch of wooden mallets that are sturdy and the perfect size for little hands for only $1.99 each.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We started hammering on our pumpkins today. Two of my boys (ages 3 and 5) spent over and hour on this project. The other munchkins went back and forth between hammering and playing with the normal outdoor toys.
nothingwithoutjoy 12:18 PM 10-07-2014
Cool! Now I need some. Thanks for sharing.
crazydaycarelady 08:25 AM 10-08-2014
Thanks - I ordered 3 of those mallets and I am stealing your pumpkin idea. LOL
KSDC 11:09 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
You are welcome!
My munchkins are loving this center. The more coordinated can do it totally independently. I do have one that I need push the tee in the pumpkin by hand about an inch and then he can hammer away!
MissAnn 06:17 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I bought some too!
AmyKidsCo 07:33 PM 10-08-2014
The seller is probably wondering why the sudden rush on hammers, LOL!
Tags:wood, wood - hammer, wooden toys
Reply Up