Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paying Your Helper
Unregistered 01:10 AM 07-02-2019
I am thinking about hiring help for a few days out of the week. What do you pay a helper? Minimum wage?
Cat Herder 06:40 AM 07-02-2019
I added tags below to many threads on this topic. You may need to register to see them.
Ariana 11:07 AM 07-02-2019
Legally aren’t you required to pay them minimum wage?
Unregistered 11:15 PM 07-02-2019
Maybe my question wasn't clear enough, I'm not asking if minimum wage is all that I am required by law to pay, I'm asking if I should be paying them more then minimum wage?
Cat Herder 04:46 AM 07-03-2019
Have you researched average payscales in your area? It varies greatly so not something we can answer for you with no background information.

As with anything in life, though, you get what you pay for. I would not expect an experienced provider with a clean background check and current training certs to be willing or able to work for minimum wage.

"The average hourly pay for a Child Care Provider is $10.21. Visit PayScale to research child care provider hourly pay by city, experience, skill, employer and more." - Payscale.com
Unregistered 06:50 AM 07-03-2019
Thank you! I am only hiring a high school student who wants to make a little cash. She won't be left alone with kids she will be used as helper. I read some of what you tagged & minimum wage seems fine. Thanks!
Cat Herder 08:41 AM 07-03-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you! I am only hiring a high school student who wants to make a little cash. She won't be left alone with kids she will be used as helper. I read some of what you tagged & minimum wage seems fine. Thanks!
That is perfect. Also if she is taking the ECE pathway in high school she can get school credit and there are some tax benefits for you. Check it out.
Unregistered 07:54 PM 07-03-2019
Oh wow good to know, Thank you for your help I'll definitely look into it
Tags:assistant - job description, do your own homework, employee - contract, employee - handbook, employee pay, employee taxes
Reply Up