Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Suggestions For A Slide For 2 Year Olds?
cherryhill 08:47 AM 01-27-2011
To be used primarily inside. Climber slide maybe?? The kids are two and older. Some of the slides I have looked at look to small.
Cat Herder 09:26 AM 01-27-2011
Check out "Little Tikes Childcare Solutions".
lil angels 09:34 AM 01-27-2011
I like the little tykes cubes. A few kids can be on it and under it at the same time.
SilverSabre25 09:46 AM 01-27-2011
This!!!

My ILs gave us one for DD's first bday and even as a very tall 3 yo she gets a kick out of it. They love to play under it as well as on top, and even though the slide is short, it gets a LOT of use every single day. Well worth the money, IMO.

If we had more inside space for it, I might go with something like this

Less space, this one
Missani 11:04 AM 01-27-2011
We have the 1st and 3rd that SilverSabre listed. Both are big hits. I like the other one, too. I have a great slide from IKEA that I just got in September. I searched for it to post the link, but I can't get the IKEA site to load properly right now. It's light wood with a red slide and ladders on both sides. The kids LOVE it!!
AmandasFCC 11:05 AM 01-27-2011
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CFkQ9QEwBQ

I have this one that I use inside, and I love it! And, of course, so do the kids
momma2girls 11:06 AM 01-27-2011
I have a step 2 climber, playhouse and slide all in one!
Abigail 11:21 AM 01-27-2011
The first link by SilverSabre and the one by Amanda are the same slides. My sister got that for her kids from Walmart for $50 on clearance in August and she has a one and two year old. It was their birthday gift. It's very wobbly, so I'm not a fan. It does the job though, but not much standing room because her two year old kept pushing her one year old the get moving and it made me nervous, lol. I really want to have the classic (discontinued) climber that is a cube. If I ever find one that is decent on CL or somewhere I'm buying it!
Lianne 11:28 AM 01-27-2011
I'm saving my change to get this slide.

http://www.swiss-miss.com/2009/08/ikea-kids-slide.html
Symphony 11:44 AM 01-27-2011
I have two, this one is inside during the summer, just so they have something physical to do on the days when its raining or at times when we can't go out for whatever reason.

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1499

Then I have this one that is inside except for summer. It has been such a lifesaver for the 364 days of winter here!

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1704
Missani 07:24 PM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I'm saving my change to get this slide.

http://www.swiss-miss.com/2009/08/ikea-kids-slide.html
Yes, yes! This is the one that I have and couldn't find the picture for it. I love it and so do the kids. It's very sturdy, not too big, but very fun. Everyone from my 16 month old dck-my 4 yr. old dcks love it and all play on it. I also love that it's wood. I have 2 plastic little tykes slides outside, which I also love, but I get tired of having so much plastic.
cherryhill 08:57 AM 01-28-2011
wow that slide is pretty awesome but for 149.00, this slide better watch the kids as well.

Thanks for the recommendations. I am trying to find a decent used slide that was kept inside for a reasonable price. I will be looking on CL
cherryhill 08:58 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by Missani:
Yes, yes! This is the one that I have and couldn't find the picture for it. I love it and so do the kids. It's very sturdy, not too big, but very fun. Everyone from my 16 month old dck-my 4 yr. old dcks love it and all play on it. I also love that it's wood. I have 2 plastic little tykes slides outside, which I also love, but I get tired of having so much plastic.
Your daycare room looks awesome! saw your website! I love the little tikes Kitchen I want it. Pretty expensive saw it a toys r us over the weekend. I have the step 2 kitchen.
Missani 11:27 AM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
Your daycare room looks awesome! saw your website! I love the little tikes Kitchen I want it. Pretty expensive saw it a toys r us over the weekend. I have the step 2 kitchen.
Thank you! I love the little tikes kitchen. I have had it for a few years, and I bought it for my son. He wanted a kitchen, and at the time, it was about the only one that wasn't pink and purple. We looked forever for one! When we found it, we were willing to spend the extra just to be able to get him one (I didn't do dc at the time or I probably wouldn't have cared so much about the color.) Now there are all kinds of non-pink kitchens...go figure! I do have to say, though, that it was significantly cheaper when we bought it a few years ago...it's gone up in price a lot!
Sprouts 07:29 PM 01-29-2011

I bought the little tikes school bus, it is sooo cute my daughter and her friend loves to play with it, they are three and four. They pretend theyre driving to the mall to go shopping lol and go down the slide and play with the wheels as well...
Tags:2 year old, slides
Reply Up