Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent PSA: Daycare Is Not A Fashion Show!
SilverSabre25 04:05 PM 12-27-2011
Really, does a two year old need "fashionable" boots? NO! She needs FUNCTIONAL boots! Preferably ones she can get on herself because she is strongly in the "Do it MYSELF!" phase that you are, for whatever strange reason, actively trying to squelch. Your *POTTY TRAINING* two year old also does not need to wear that fancy tutu-esque skirt, and tights, and a onesie. Nor does she need pants with a belt that she can't manage on her own. Nor does she need those darn fashionable boots, or fashionable shoes.

She needs clothes she can manage on her own. She wants to do her shoes herself...let her do them herself and give her shoes she can do herself. YOU want her to potty train...give her clothes she can manage on her own.

/rant.
CheekyChick 04:10 PM 12-27-2011
Amen to that!
meganlavonnesmommy 06:30 PM 12-27-2011
OMG, this drives me nuts! I tell parents all the time that we get dirty! We play outside, we fingerpaint, we use glue. Do not send them in nice clothes.
It never fails that when parents send little Suzie in her nice new fancy clothes, I have fingerpainting and Spaghetti lunch planned for the day.

ALSO, send them in clothes that FIT!

I have a 2 1/2 year old that consistantly comes in 2T clothes that are too small. I can barely pull the pants up they are so tight, and the shirt doesnt even cover her belly!
dave4him 06:34 PM 12-27-2011
I really hate belts when its time to use the rest room.....
Meyou 02:47 AM 12-28-2011
I had a dropin last week in skinny jeans and knee high zip up boots. She's 2.5, "potty training" and could dress herself if she had clothes that don't require a degree to get on and off. *sigh* Even she hates the boots. lol
melskids 03:18 AM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
I really hate belts when its time to use the rest room.....
That sounded like you have personal experience with that one! I'm sorry...lol but that just made me chuckle.
2ndFamilyDC 06:40 AM 12-28-2011
I totally agree. It is so frustrating/annoying to me when a child comes in

super cute clothes or shoes that are not a good choice for daycare.
Meeko 01:00 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by 2ndFamilyDC:
I totally agree. It is so frustrating/annoying to me when a child comes in

super cute clothes or shoes that are not a good choice for daycare.
...and you get comments like, "Don't let her get dirty! Grandma paid a fortune for that dress!"
daycare 01:19 PM 12-28-2011
I once had a kid come in overalls with a onesie style shirt ready for potty training. I made the mom change her at the door.....

I just looked at her and said "REALLY mom"" "REALLY" we laughed and it never happened again..
dave4him 01:20 PM 12-28-2011
So the mud pie war is out of the question?
daycare 01:43 PM 12-28-2011
we had a mud pie pool this past summer... OMG was it soooo much fun.... The kids loved loved loved every last second of it....Of course it was super hot out and everyone was hosed off after it was over....
mommiesherie 02:16 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
we had a mud pie pool this past summer... OMG was it soooo much fun.... The kids loved loved loved every last second of it....Of course it was super hot out and everyone was hosed off after it was over....
Omg mud pies rock!!! That all I did when I was a kid. Made mud pies in old tin pie pans and used old broken dishes to serve them up to my cats lol. Thanks for the childhood memory. We do play out in the dirt and water in summer. I just put a swim suit on them and lather them down in sun screen. Lol. I would be one of the moms sending my kid in fashion show attire. I don't stress if she gets dirty or messy. She is a kid and that happens. I wouldn't send her in her best to day care but would be sending her in tutu skirts and cute boots lol. I make sure they are comfy but cute. Sorry I'm one of those moms. It doesn't bother me for them to be sent in those clothes. If they have them they may as well wear them as long as you don't freak if they get dirty.
Heidi 07:06 PM 12-28-2011
To qoute Melskids : "This is NOT an episode of toddlers and tiaras"..

melskids 03:24 AM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:

You liked that , huh?!

I tend to sometimes use my blog as a way to passively-aggressively get my point across...but it works.
Meyou 03:33 AM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:

Double
Tags:2 year old, boots, potty training, shoe type
Reply Up