Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Enrolling!
Blossoms 07:49 AM 06-10-2018
Wondering what some of y'all did to help get more clients in the door/enroll more children. I am in Tennessee. I am not required to be licensed if I have fewer than 5 unrelated kids. I would like to become licensed, though.
Michael 01:13 PM 06-10-2018
Here are more threads on marketing your daycare: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...arketing+ideas
Jiminycrickets 04:15 PM 06-10-2018
All of my clients/tours (except one old co-worker's kiddo) have come through facebook groups (swap groups, day care locator group) or via the next door app. I keep a fairly small group (4-5 part-time kids most of the year), but am licensed because I can have those couple extra kiddos if it suits me, and it gives some parents more peace of mind.
MyAngels 05:48 PM 06-10-2018
I tell all my current families that they'd better start referring or I'm retiring . Just kidding, but word-of-mouth and referrals have kept me full for a long time.

I do see a lot of providers here marketing on Facebook, so there must be something to that.

There are a couple of large employers here who have their own internal referral system, so you could call any large companies in your area to see if they have something like that and if you can place your name with them.
Jdy2222 08:59 AM 06-11-2018
Ditto on the FB groups - I'm in sell groups and moms groups. And the ones I'm not one my daughter (a brand new Mom) or my other families are on and they refer me when they know I have an opening. I've done Craigslist too but the creepy people seem to be multiplying rapidly there - it used to be a great resource but not at the last few years.

Most of my openings are now filled by referrals, but I think I was in denial that one child was leaving (her mom is one of my best friends and they're moving to Michigan ) and am just now working to fill her spot.
Annalee 10:25 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blossoms:
Wondering what some of y'all did to help get more clients in the door/enroll more children. I am in Tennessee. I am not required to be licensed if I have fewer than 5 unrelated kids. I would like to become licensed, though.
What part of TN are you from?
LysesKids 10:39 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I was wondering the same lol... Blossoms needs to read thru the new regulations to make sure she wants to go the licensed route.

Also, in some counties in TN you have to get permission & have business license to run a home business (including licensed childcare); My county happens to be one of those - Blount could care less that I stayed licensed exempt, but if I go licensed I jump more hoops
LysesKids 11:01 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Annalee, You know, I still run like I am licensed due to taking Fosters (including background ect), I just don't have to deal with QRIS stuff lol. I jumped all the extra hoops I need to & going licensed wouldn't allow me more than 4 anyway due to ages I take
MissAnn 11:16 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Annalee, You know, I still run like I am licensed due to taking Fosters (including background ect), I just don't have to deal with QRIS stuff lol. I jumped all the extra hoops I need to & going licensed wouldn't allow me more than 4 anyway due to ages I take
I’m sorry but it bugs me when people say they run just like they are licensed. Do you REALLY? You follow all your states rules and regs? I know if I were unlicensed I’d stop following a few.
Blossoms 11:29 AM 06-11-2018
I am in Sumner County. I am in the process of becoming an LLC. I have read through licensing regulations and requirements
Annalee 11:33 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blossoms:
I am in Sumner County. I am in the process of becoming an LLC. I have read through licensing regulations and requirements
New regs just came out, just got them thru email Thursday last week.....go into effect July 30.
Tags:advertising ideas, clientel, marketing ideas
Reply Up