Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Meatloaf For Kids
Scout 05:37 PM 11-26-2012
anyone have a recipe that dck's love? I made meatloaf muffins today & I was the only one who ate them! New recipe though & they weren't very good. Could stick with my original but, that is just the McCormick packet & I want something a little more nutritional!
sharlan 06:08 PM 11-26-2012
None of my kids will eat meatloaf so I don't bother. I really like the Quaker Oats recipe. I add pureed carrots and finely chopped red bell pepper to it.
Michael 06:36 PM 11-26-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38887
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 11-27-2012
We make sweet and sour meatloaf and my kids cannot get enough of it! It is definitely a favorite!

Sweet and Sour Meatloaf

4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.

Ingredients
•1 egg, lightly beaten
•5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
•2 tablespoons prepared mustard
•1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
•2 tablespoons onion soup mix
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon pepper
•1 pound ground beef
•1/4 cup sugar
•2 tablespoons brown sugar
•2 tablespoons cider vinegar

Directions

•In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, dry soup mix, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and mix well.

•In a small bowl, combine the sugars, vinegar and remaining ketchup. Add to meat mixture and mix well.

•Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
Spread additional layer of ketchup (if desired) onto top of meatloaf.

• Bake for 60 minutes at 350F

•Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
misslori50 03:06 PM 08-20-2013
All i do is burger, onion salt, garlic salt, oatmeal, egg mix together. Before i bake it i poor tomatoe sauce on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. ITs to die for
craftymissbeth 03:43 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by misslori50:
All i do is burger, onion salt, garlic salt, oatmeal, egg mix together. Before i bake it i poor tomatoe sauce on top and sprinkle with brown sugar. ITs to die for
I make the brown sugar meatloaf from allrecipes.com (I'm too lazy to find the recipe at the moment ).

The brown sugar makes it so stinking good DH and I have to be careful because between him, DS, and me we'll take the whole thing out ourselves
MarinaVanessa 04:19 PM 08-20-2013
Here is my recipe. Everyone that has had it loves it.

Ingredients:
3 lbs lean (80%) ground beef
2 cups of milk
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh (or 1/2 teaspoon dried) sage leaves
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 large eggs
6 slices of 12 grain bread (or you can use any type of bread you like)
2 small onions chopped (1/2 cup)
ketchup

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix everything except for the ketchup and then spread the mixture into a large rectangle baking pan and then spread ketchup over the top. Let bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes then check. If it's not done leave in for another 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat.
misslori50 08:11 PM 08-20-2013
we do eat the whole thing. lol
Laurel 02:54 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
anyone have a recipe that dck's love? I made meatloaf muffins today & I was the only one who ate them! New recipe though & they weren't very good. Could stick with my original but, that is just the McCormick packet & I want something a little more nutritional!
I use the Quaker Oats one called Classic Meatloaf. They also have one that is called Prize Winning Meatloaf.

However, I made it yesterday and my grandson wouldn't even try a bite. He just looked at it and said "Ewwww". My daycare girl ate it though. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain. I hate when I make something good and I'm the only one that eats it.

Laurel
Josiegirl 03:51 AM 08-21-2013
I add pizza sauce to my meatloaf recipe and sprinkle in about a cup of mozzarella cheese.
Sunchimes 07:17 PM 08-22-2013
I use my old stand-by and the kids love it (my husband too, and he claims not to like meatloaf).
1# ground beef
chopped onions
chopped bell pepper
1 egg
handful of crushed saltine crackers
1 can tomato soup

Mix everything but the soup, then add a little less than half of the can of condensed soup. It should be moist but not drippy. Put into a loaf pan or cake pan (I put mine on a rack in a cake pan to let some of the grease run out.) Pour the rest of the soup on top like frosting. Bake for about an hour or until done.
Tags:meatloaf, recipe
Reply Up