Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One Depart Per Day
daycare 09:02 AM 05-27-2011
So I have been revising my PHB for what seems like FOREVER...
All of you ladies have some great stuff that I never thought about so I had to add some things and update some things in my PHB. It is due to be handed out when I close all of my PT spots.

I noticed that a lot of you have one pick up per day or one departure per day. Can you share with me how you worded it in your PHB where was it placed.
nannyde 09:18 AM 05-27-2011
one arrival
one departure
per parent
per child
per day

Only exception is SPECIALTY scheduled doc or therapy appointments. Other than special the doc appointments need to be before they bring to care or after they leave care.
PitterPatter 09:25 AM 05-27-2011
I don't have that policy as I am state paid and some of the clients are students (in the past). They are permitted to come and go twice a day for classes. (2 rows per day for sing in and out on the form).

I would probably put that in the arrival departure section if I needed it though.

I renew and update my handbook every January because there is always something new popping up through the year. Just when I think the handbook is perfect a parent or child causes a new issue. Never fails going 6 yrs now. Since I started coming here I have updated my contract 4 times since mid January!! I will just keep editing and saving for next January I guess because I can't throw a new policy or handbook amendment every month or so.
wdmmom 09:31 AM 05-27-2011
We do one admission and one departure per family, per day. If you need to pick up your child early for any reason, please provide at minimum a 30 minute notice. If pick up is during naptime, please notify us beforehand so we can place your child in a different sleeping area to avoid waking the other children up. Your child will NOT be permitted to return to the daycare again that day. Please make all appointments in the morning or afternoon.
daycare 09:41 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
We do one admission and one departure per family, per day. If you need to pick up your child early for any reason, please provide at minimum a 30 minute notice. If pick up is during naptime, please notify us beforehand so we can place your child in a different sleeping area to avoid waking the other children up. Your child will NOT be permitted to return to the daycare again that day. Please make all appointments in the morning or afternoon.
do you allow for kids to come to daycare after they have been given shots? I have been thinking about this after I read this article about alittle girl who was in first grade and had gotten one of her immunizations before going to school. The teacher was not aware of it and did not notice that the child was having a reaction. End result, the child died....ugh.. I was thinking that I would ask parents to make those appts later in the day and then keep them home for the rest of the day, or have them sign something stating that they have informed the provider that the child received immunizations that day...
Cat Herder 10:32 AM 05-27-2011
No drop off after 10 am unless previously approved. One drop-off and one pick-up, per family, per day.

Originally Posted by daycare:
do you allow for kids to come to daycare after they have been given shots?
Yes, but most of mine get their well baby checks at my daycare. Home health comes out with their bag of goodies and do their health checks/shots/weight etc. here.

They hang out for 30 minutes to look for reactions and have me sign the forms to give to the parents. It is part of the new economic development initiative to increase productivity for employers (even though they get to deduct on-site childcare 100%). It is not negotiable , I have to do it to be open for business. (anyone keeping over 2 kids for pay, related or not)

I am thinking of coming up with a fee schedule that would allow parents to drop off at 6 weeks and pick up after high school graduation. I just can't get the numbers right in my head.....
laundrymom 10:59 AM 05-27-2011
~ We have an open door policy. You are welcome to drop by unannounced anytime we have kids in care. Please keep in mind though, if you choose to drop in, you are expected to take your child with you when you leave. It is very difficult for a child to say goodbye to their parent more than once per day. Also please respect our naptime if you choose to drop by. Our doors may be locked at times but that is to insure our safety. Not to keep parents out.
Tags:phb
Reply Up