Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Dropped Off During Naptime, UGH!
coolconfidentme 11:51 AM 04-16-2013
I’m putting my foot down with a DCM tonight. She drops off DCB during naptime & turns the kid loose, waking all the others. Today I took him in my arms & would NOT put him down. The minute she left I laid him on the couch. I have kids awake, but I’m not letting them up just yet. I’m going to inform her I can’t have a daycare full of cranky kids in the afternoon, not to mention I get no break. In the future, her son will come in & lay down until our naptime is over. She also needs to stop coming early. Any last minute advice or pep talk?!?
MNMum 11:55 AM 04-16-2013
Do you have contracted hours?

My parents contract in 15 minute increments. If I notice early drop offs of even 5 minutes more than a couple of times. I ask them if they need to contract for an early drop off (ie, contracted for 8am, arriving at 7:55, would need to contract for 7:45 - an additional charge of $5/week). They always say no, at stop arriving early.

I also have it in my rules - no drop off or pick up during nap time.
lucky 12:05 PM 04-16-2013
I also have it in my policies that I do not allow any drop offs or pick ups between 12:30-2:30, which is our quiet time.
Heidi 12:14 PM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by lucky:
I also have it in my policies that I do not allow any drop offs or pick ups between 12:30-2:30, which is our quiet time.
Ditto this...I would never allow this, unless:

A. I really, really liked a family.
B. Said family had no real option (like 2nd shift workers who have funky commutes).
C. The child was a young infant
D. The child was fairly content

I have one now that's 4 months old, whose schedule will be all over the place. It's only day 2, so he's still adjusting, but by 6 months he'll be on our schedule whether he's here or at home. He can come before nap or after, but not during.
Cradle2crayons 12:19 PM 04-16-2013
I also have a mom who's work schedule demands drop off during nap time but I knew that from the beginning. Mom was instructed from day one do NOT give her a nap before coming and when she arrives, she goes quietly straight to her nap mat. She doesn't get up early so that 1.5 hour nap she gets is plenty. She is 3
coolconfidentme 03:04 PM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Ditto this...I would never allow this, unless:

A. I really, really liked a family.
B. Said family had no real option (like 2nd shift workers who have funky commutes).
C. The child was a young infant
D. The child was fairly content

I have one now that's 4 months old, whose schedule will be all over the place. It's only day 2, so he's still adjusting, but by 6 months he'll be on our schedule whether he's here or at home. He can come before nap or after, but not during.
My daycare is open 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift. Most parents drop off at 3pm. She comes at 2pm for no real good reason.
cheerfuldom 05:04 PM 04-16-2013
Have everything in writing that outlines EXACT time frames where she can and cannot drop off as well as consequences for breaking the rules and make sure its effective immediately.
Reply Up