Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Finished My NEW Website!
EchoMom 11:24 PM 05-20-2013
Here was the old one

http://www.2teacherschildcare.com/

Here is the new one!

http://twoteachersdaycare.wix.com/twoteachersdaycare

Yay! So glad it's done!
Michael 01:07 AM 05-21-2013
Looks great.
daycarediva 03:35 AM 05-21-2013
program is spelled wrong (top, our program link) but other than that it looks great! I love your outdoor space, I want to go play!
Meeko 05:17 AM 05-21-2013
Include is spelled wrong on your rates page.. Not being negative! Just want it to look even more amazing! GREAT web site!
MamaBearCanada 05:18 AM 05-21-2013
Lovely! And your outdoor space is a dream!!
Blackcat31 05:44 AM 05-21-2013
Nice site! I really like the it! '

I also noticed a spelling error. A Prepared Environmnet for Discovery on the second page. Environment is spelled incorrectly.
LaLa1923 05:45 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by EchoMom:
Here was the old one

http://www.2teacherschildcare.com/

Here is the new one!

http://twoteachersdaycare.wix.com/twoteachersdaycare

Yay! So glad it's done!

It looks great!

Just wondering- Why did you change it? I really like the first one... Why change it from childcare to daycare?? Just wondering!

I love love love your setup and outdoor space!!!
LaLa1923 05:47 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nice site! I really like the it! '

I also noticed a spelling error. A Prepared Environmnet for Discovery on the second page. Environment is spelled incorrectly.
Sweet BC! I didn't even catch it! I think she was just typing quickly when she made her website. \

I need to get mine up
EchoMom 06:00 AM 05-21-2013
Thanks everyone! Don't think it's negative at all, I need help finding the catches. I finished at 4am after being up all night working on it several nights in a row. So glad it's done!

Fixed the typos everyone mentioned here. Thanks for the compliments!

I changed the site because I wasn't in love with the first one. More importantly, the first site was built by my uncle in Tenessee on his host server. I told him all I wanted and he put it together. But everytime I wanted to change, edit, or try an idea I had to convey that to him, then he do it, then blah blah way too much hassle not being able to just do it myself.

So I used Wix to build my own and now that I have acess to it I can edit it whenever I want, easily.

The name change is because since I'm leaving his hosting, I need a new email and yahoo.com won't let me have the first name, but the 2nd name is available.

On the first name I owned the domain (or my uncle did), I don't own the domain for the second, but it is available, but I don't want to pay for it. Especially I don't think it really matters, the ads don't seem that obtrusive and the URL doesn't really matter since people just click the link directly from CL.
daycare 06:18 AM 05-21-2013
Maybe it's me but your rates explained left me confused.

Also just a suggestion. Not trying to tell you what to do. But I would consider charging the same rate for 4-5 days. I look at it from the perspective that if you offer 4 days, that 5th day will never be filled and you will lose money for that day.

It looks like a great program you have. Very nicely done.....
EchoMom 06:31 AM 05-21-2013
http://2teacherschildcare.wix.com/2teacherschildcare#

Changed it back to the original name and will connect the domain I already own.

Thanks for the suggestion Jewels! Yes, I was thinking the rates aren't really explained well.

And good idea about the 4-5 day thing, but I actually love it that way. Because my part time rate is higher per day than the full time, the difference between 4 days/week and 5/full time is only an $8 difference. And since we split all our money 50/50, the loss is only $4/week. It's worth it to us to lose $4/week and have the more money for less days work.

Also, because it's only an $8 difference, most people end up going with the full time rate anyway if they think they might ever need to add the 5th day from time to time, since doing so at the part time rate would make it way more expensive. So most people who want 4 days just go ahead and get the full time rate anyway.

Either way, I make better money for less days of work.
daycare 10:48 AM 05-21-2013
That makes lot of sense. I would do the same.
melilley 11:03 AM 05-21-2013
I love your website and your space! Looks great!
KnoxMom 11:15 AM 05-21-2013
I love the website. Great pictures and your outdoor space is awesome!
502 01:00 PM 05-21-2013
Love it! I would like to have seen a phone contact for you (perhaps I missed it, but I thought it would be on Home page and Contact page) rather than just the form. Very nice job though!
spud912 02:24 PM 05-21-2013
I looked at both websites and I loved what you did with the new one! It really sets you apart and looks very professional!
williams2008 02:44 PM 05-21-2013
I love your website! The outdoor space is really nice!!
EchoMom 04:37 PM 05-21-2013
Thanks everyone, I'm very excited about it! I'm having trouble though because CL won't let me use the URL I think because it contains wix.com in it and they won't allow a commercial websie in your ad. I never had a problem with my old URL from the domain I owned.

Thoughts around this? I'd really like to be able to just continue with the free version as it is.
mamac 05:50 PM 05-21-2013
I really like your website!! The only thing that I would change a little is the About Us page. You start out in the corner talking about "We" and then go right into "I" without stating who is actually writing that part. I know someone could figure it out but not until the very end. I would either write a short Bio about both of you and have each name above your own bio, or if your mom (assuming you are Becky?) doesn't want a Bio then I would just "sign" your name at the bottom of yours.

I would also probably change the last sentence to "After twenty years as an elementary school teacher and close to finishing her doctorate degree, my mom Becky is now my full time partner. Together we make a talented team of best friends." It's a little more personal I think and it reiterates the fact that you are a mom and daughter team.
Lucy 08:40 PM 05-21-2013
Totally not nit-picking, but I found a couple more spelling bloopers.

Under "Family Style Community" in your "Program" tab, the 7th bullet item should be spelled sepArate. It is repeated on the same tab - 2nd bullet item under "Excellent Infant Care".

I also noticed that you advertise "no sippy cups", yet have a picture of a cutie girl slicing cheese with a sippy cup sitting next to her. Maybe I misunderstood, or the definition of "sippy cup" isn't what I thought it was.

Just bringing these things up so your site can be even more awesome than it already is!! I ADORE your facility, home, or whatever it is. It's beautiful. Great job on the website.
EchoMom 06:12 AM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Totally not nit-picking, but I found a couple more spelling bloopers.

Under "Family Style Community" in your "Program" tab, the 7th bullet item should be spelled sepArate. It is repeated on the same tab - 2nd bullet item under "Excellent Infant Care".

I also noticed that you advertise "no sippy cups", yet have a picture of a cutie girl slicing cheese with a sippy cup sitting next to her. Maybe I misunderstood, or the definition of "sippy cup" isn't what I thought it was.

Just bringing these things up so your site can be even more awesome than it already is!! I ADORE your facility, home, or whatever it is. It's beautiful. Great job on the website.
I don't think you're nit-picking, that's why I posted it hoping for fresh eyes to catch mistakes. Thank you so much I'll go fix those errors! I agree about the bio, I'll add my name so people know who's "speaking". I'm Tammy by the way, the younger pic.

You're right, thanks for the sippy cup catch! We do not use sippy cups, but that pic was from my very first days of daycare when I let parents send them in. We don't allow them anymore. Thanks! PS, that was a boy toddler! LOL! He's now a year and half older and had a haircut. lol

Also, someone said I should have my phone number on the contact page. Should I???
Blackcat31 06:15 AM 05-22-2013

Also, someone said I should have my phone number on the contact page. Should I???
I think that is a personal decision to be honest. I do not list my phone number on my site either. I list the address/location and a contact form like yours but I don't list a phone number.

I'd rather people contact me through e-mail verses the phone for the first or initial contact.
mamac 08:38 AM 05-22-2013
I'm Tammy by the way, the younger pic.
Lol. That's actually what I meant to write but got mixed up when going back and forth between the two sites...

Edit: The only other things I noticed were under the Program tab. Do you have a dedicated nap room and a dedicated play room or are they the same room? If there are 2 rooms then I would pluralize the word "room". (Dedicated play and nap rooms)
Also, under Structured Activities I would change pizzas to pizza.

And when you're finished with all that, wanna make a website for me?
WImom 08:44 AM 05-22-2013
Love the look and layout of your website. Great Job!
Cradle2crayons 10:06 AM 05-22-2013
I liked both of the sites but I like the layout of the second one better

I don't have a lot to add I think the others picked up on some great things you have fixed already.

Just try to step back and pretend to be a parent looking for a provider and seeing the site. Did you see everything you wanted to see?? Did it leave you with any questions??

That's what I did when I made my website.

My parents love my website, I'm on the edge about it, I need to do something different with it. The kids love the video and songs sects because they can see it from their parents I phones in the car etc and they sing to them to and from daycare lol.

But still, I'm going to have to do something different. I definitely need to update the picture on the banner as well.
EchoMom 02:40 PM 05-22-2013
http://2teacherschildcare.wix.com/2teacherschildcare

Ok, here it is again, with everyone's corrections! Thanks!
Lyss 02:50 PM 05-22-2013
http://2teacherschildcare.wix.com/2teacherschildcare

Ok, here it is again, with everyone's corrections! Thanks!
Super cute! I totally love your outdoor space, so nice!!

I did notice two small errors, on the "Our Program" page:
"Seperate toddler and infant nap rooms" should be "Separate toddler and infant nap rooms"
"Clmbers, slides, clubhouse, sandbox" should be "Climbers, slides, clubhouse, sandbox"

Looks awesome though! I need to go through mine now!
EchoMom 06:14 PM 05-22-2013
Thanks! You all are awesome!
Michelle 06:52 PM 05-22-2013
Do you want to know what I like best about your daycare?
You are in Ohio and are no competition to me!

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!

good job

mamac 07:09 PM 05-22-2013
I give it . (two thumbs up)

EchoMom 08:06 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Do you want to know what I like best about your daycare?
You are in Ohio and are no competition to me!

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!

good job
ROFL Thanks... I think LOL
Want to know the funny thing about being in Columbus, Ohio? I'm not licensed, nor am I ALLOWED to be. Oh yeah, that's right, the whole county won't allow it because of a contradiction in zoning. So all my awesomeness and I can't even get licensed! Bah!
Tags:website review
Reply Up