Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Left My Child On the Bus
whitt 12:57 PM 08-05-2016
when the daycare returned from a field trip yesterday they left my child and one other asleep on the buss. I do not know how long they were left on the bus. My 5 year old daughter told me an older boy was also left on the bus and when they woke up he took her to the front door of the center. The SC DSS is looking into it now.

My question is should I just let the state take care of this or should I also look into taking civil action.
laundrymom 01:35 PM 08-05-2016
No advice really but thankful your child is ok. That's really scary.
Cat Herder 02:45 PM 08-05-2016
"In a civil trial, a judge or jury examines the evidence to decide whether, by a "preponderance of the evidence," the defendant should be held legally responsible for the damages alleged by the plaintiff."

What damage would you be claiming?

The center will be raked hard over the coals by the state, as they should. Be prepared with back-up care in case they are temporarily shut down during investigation.
whitt 01:15 PM 08-06-2016
We are going to wait to hear back from the state. She starts school Monday and they have after care. We will not be going back there as she says she is scared to go there any more. We have a few months to find something new.
MarinaVanessa 09:14 AM 08-08-2016
It's good that you don't go back. Not only because of the safety issue but because if you plan on pursuing a civil case it would look bad against your case if you continued to take your child to the same daycare. I'm curious too about the damages that you would be claiming. I'd speak to a lawyer about whether you have a case or not but I suppose if your child was scared about what happened and you were to take her to therapy you could sue for reimbursement of these and future out of pocket expenses and could probably get pain and suffering if your child is traumatized and/or has nightmares etc (the therapist can usually write something up for your case)
daycarediva 09:55 AM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"In a civil trial, a judge or jury examines the evidence to decide whether, by a "preponderance of the evidence," the defendant should be held legally responsible for the damages alleged by the plaintiff."

What damage would you be claiming?

The center will be raked hard over the coals by the state, as they should. Be prepared with back-up care in case they are temporarily shut down during investigation.

There was no injury- you would be hard pressed to get a lawyer to sue them.
Tags:bus - time spent, school aged care
Reply Up