Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Napping Issue
kaylamarie 10:49 AM 07-23-2013
Ok I really need help my daycare kids wnt nap and I'm losing my mind! I havnt had a break in over 3 months! Please help I dunno what to do anymore I have 9 kids and 4 rooms for them to sleep in I've tried everything I can think of. Please help asap! I'm seriously going nuts
Play Care 11:03 AM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by kaylamarie:
Ok I really need help my daycare kids wnt nap and I'm losing my mind! I havnt had a break in over 3 months! Please help I dunno what to do anymore I have 9 kids and 4 rooms for them to sleep in I've tried everything I can think of. Please help asap! I'm seriously going nuts
I've been having some napping issues. What I have found helps - make sure they are getting a lot of physical excersise in the morning. Long walks, relay races, etc. I don't "do" for kids - I have all of them walk for outings (no strollers or wagons or being carried) I don't push on swings - I will teach them to pump but they need to do the work, etc. I've also had to sit in the napping room with the kids until most are asleep. This is a pain and I hope short lived but its cut down on nap time hijinks.
Hope this helps!
Cradle2crayons 01:14 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by kaylamarie:
WOW, just WOW!!

Can yu give more information on ages, and what your nap time routine is??

That may be helpful so we can throw out ideas.

Most of my daycare kids come to me not napping because their parents run the road or want them in bed early etc. the first thing out of sir mouth after that is how grumpy their kids are in the afternoon and no napping bad behaviors.

Always, within one week, they are all napping like champs. Matter of fact, they are all asleep within minutes and all sleep e entire nap time. Other than my two personal kids anyway. They are grown out of naps.

But everything here leading up to nap is so routine they all automatically know what comes next. Here is my routine starting a few hours before nap time.

1000 morning snack
1030 am outside time. Lots of physical activity
1130 inside, potty, wash hands, activities that are settling them down a little
1200 lunch time
1230 lunch time clean up, potties, wash hands.
1240 we all sit together in one room and read a few short books
1245 ish they all go to their mats. I cut on music on the radio. Lights out.

Occasionally I'll get one overtired from the night before who will cry for a minute and I remind them it's quiet time and then I remind them of what our plans are when they get up from naps.

They all drift peacefully to sleep
Tags:napping issues
Reply Up