Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm So Overly Cautious
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:14 AM 04-13-2015
My cousin and his wife just bought a new house about 45-minutes north of us. There is apparently a lady and husband that run a farm up there and she puts the neighborhood kids on the bus and watches other kids. My cousin was like it is so cool. She has this huge farm and teaches the kids how to feed the animals and has them on the tracker and this and that. Me being the overly concerned freak that I asked how many kids does she have. He was like maybe 10-12. Ok is she licensed. My cousin was like no she isn't. She just loves kids and does it 7-days a week whatever hours you need. She only charges 2$ an hour. So she is basically charging 15-20$ a day. I'm sorry, but I have heard too many awful stories and I'm so cautious about my daycare and my kids. I just told him he needs to be very cautious because sometimes things aren't what they seem.
Thriftylady 09:23 AM 04-13-2015
I would not want my child put on a tractor. Granted I learned to drive one at 7 or 8, but I was the only child there with plenty of supervision.
Kabob 09:33 AM 04-13-2015
Sounds like she loves money and no licensing.
Josiegirl 09:33 AM 04-13-2015
Overly cautious?? I don't think so. This has 'tragic accident waiting to happen' written all over it. I would never ever allow my own child to be placed in such a situation.
Shell 09:41 AM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Sounds like she loves money and no licensing.
I have friends of friends that watch kids and no one cares that they aren't licensed or paying taxes. Everyone thinks she's being so nice and helpful, but who wouldn't want to make what we make and not pay self employment taxes?!
Thriftylady 03:44 PM 04-13-2015
Well I am legally unlicensed, can I skip self employment tax? But seriously I figure I am going to show a loss this year sadly.
Tags:farm, risky behavior, safety
Reply Up