Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Unregistered 04:46 AM 05-13-2016
This is a new favourite of mine for the kids. It's a book by Eric Carle about a ravenous caterpillar. It's good because it touches on the science of how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly as we watch him eat his way through bigger and bigger bugs until he finally morphs. Educating the children whilst having fun along the way. The pictures are great too, its beautifully illustrated.
Josiegirl 11:08 AM 05-13-2016
This is my favorite Eric Carle book. When my now 23 yo dd was 18 mo old, she was sitting so quietly on her bedroom floor, looking at that book with her back to me. I thought awww what a Kodak moment and just sat watching her. When I went in, she had somehow taken the string that held the book together and pulled the whole darn thing apart. It's funny because I'm always finding tons and tons of books at yard sales but in all these years have never found a copy of that one.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:47 AM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
This is my favorite Eric Carle book. When I went in, she had somehow taken the string that held the book together and pulled the whole darn thing apart. It's funny because I'm always finding tons and tons of books at yard sales but in all these years have never found a copy of that one.
because they fall apart No, seriously, I have gone through many copies of that book over the years because with the different size pages they get torn up easier.
momofsix 11:55 AM 05-13-2016
We're doing that book right now
I bought the caterpillars from Insect Lore and they're starting to make their chrysalises! The kids cant wait for the butterflies
Josiegirl 03:15 PM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by momofsix:
We're doing that book right now
I bought the caterpillars from Insect Lore and they're starting to make their chrysalises! The kids cant wait for the butterflies
We got our kit in the mail today and will order the caterpillars soon, can't wait!
Another reason I need the book.
Lol MrsSteinel and you might be right.
I have a flannel board set so we can tell the story even if we don't have the book. Will have to check the library when the time comes closer. Or maybe hit THE yard sale I've been waiting for all these years.
Tags:books, eric carle, the hungry caterpillar
Reply Up