Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Those Who Transport ...
midaycare 07:47 AM 01-13-2015
What type of vehicles do you have? I have a vehicle that seats 5, and a back row that can seat 2 extra, but there is no way I could fit 6 car seats in there.
Childminder 07:50 AM 01-13-2015
I have a crew cab and we transport 3 in carseats. Dh wants to get a Ford Flex I want to get a Suburban.
Unregistered 08:12 AM 01-13-2015
I have a Chevy Traverse. It seats seven and fits four carseats, supposedly five, but not pretty. I got it because you can walk down a middle aisle to the very back row, like a minivan. It's also popsicle, wet swimsuit, and snow boot proof. (Plastic and leather.)
permanentvacation 08:20 AM 01-13-2015
I don't transport anymore, but when I did, I had a 12 passenger van once and I've had a 15 passenger van once. Personally, I liked the 12 passenger best because it has space for storage in the back of the van. The storage space also allowed a couple of feet of space between the back seat and the back door. That made me feel safer in case we had been rear ended. Whereas the 15 passenger's back seat butts right up against the back door.

Both of my vehicles were Dodges. The one was a Dodge Ram 2500 and I don't remember the exact model of the other one.
daycare 08:35 AM 01-13-2015
suburban XL and I seat 6 in the back. No riders allowed in the front, where I can seat 3. 3 bench seats all the way across.
Cradle2crayons 10:04 AM 01-13-2015
I have a pilot. Depending on the car seats, I could fit six. But generally I don't have more than 3 in car seats, th rest in boosters and my 12 year old daughter is the only kid allowed in the front passenger seat.
midaycare 10:22 AM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
suburban XL and I seat 6 in the back. No riders allowed in the front, where I can seat 3. 3 bench seats all the way across.
Are they all in car seats?
midaycare 10:23 AM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I don't transport anymore, but when I did, I had a 12 passenger van once and I've had a 15 passenger van once. Personally, I liked the 12 passenger best because it has space for storage in the back of the van. The storage space also allowed a couple of feet of space between the back seat and the back door. That made me feel safer in case we had been rear ended. Whereas the 15 passenger's back seat butts right up against the back door.

Both of my vehicles were Dodges. The one was a Dodge Ram 2500 and I don't remember the exact model of the other one.
I'm going to out myself as a real dork, but I station wagons, minivans, and vans. The thought of getting a passenger van makes me think everyone will think I'm a robber or bad guy, though. Isn't that what they all drive?
CraftyMom 10:31 AM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I'm going to out myself as a real dork, but I station wagons, minivans, and vans. The thought of getting a passenger van makes me think everyone will think I'm a robber or bad guy, though. Isn't that what they all drive?
I absolutely LOVE my mini van! I've had it for 2 years and don't know how I lived without it with 3 kids! Or even 2 LOL

I have a 7 seater, but I can't get 3 full size car seats across the back
daycare 10:43 AM 01-13-2015
Are they all in car seats?
yes every single one of them

I had to measure the bench row and divide that by 3. I then went out and it took me a while to find 3 car seats that would fit.
Second Home 10:46 AM 01-13-2015
Mini van ( which will be replaced soon, hopefully by an acadia) which seats 5 in the back ,but only 4 car seats .
Jack Sprat 11:40 AM 01-13-2015
Mini van with two bench seats. I can fit 3 car seats in each row. I don't have the need for that right now. I love my mini van!
midaycare 12:10 PM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Mini van with two bench seats. I can fit 3 car seats in each row. I don't have the need for that right now. I love my mini van!
What kind of mini van?
jenboo 02:56 PM 01-13-2015
What kind of mini van?
Diono brand car seats will fit 3 in a row in a sedan! They are the narrowest seat available. Clek Foonfs are about the same but i dont think you would want to purchase those for the daycare kids
midaycare 02:58 PM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Diono brand car seats will fit 3 in a row in a sedan! They are the narrowest seat available. Clek Foonfs are about the same but i dont think you would want to purchase those for the daycare kids
Good tip, thank you!
renodeb 03:40 PM 01-13-2015
I have a dodge caravan. It seats 7 all together but with car seats I can fit 4.
Deb
Jack Sprat 11:21 AM 01-14-2015
I have a Town and Country. We ordered a bench seat to put in the middle for when I have extra car seats. Also, I use Diono car seats.
Tags:transportation vehicles
Reply Up