Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare.com Migration to New Home
Michael 06:28 PM 09-17-2017
I've migrated the daycare.com forum and website to a new server. Please let me know if anyone has any issues. There is still a lot I need to test and your help would be invaluable.
Mike 06:38 PM 09-17-2017
Forum is working fine for me. If there's anything you want me to test tomorrow afternoon, let me know.
Michael 06:49 PM 09-17-2017
Mike, it's interesting that Daycare.com has propagated on my cell phone but it has yet to propagate on my Spectrum provider desktop.

The daily cron jobs are what I need to monitor. Everyone's daily use will reveal any problems. I hope members will post their issues here for me to investigate.
Mike 07:02 PM 09-17-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Mike, it's interesting that Daycare.com has propagated on my cell phone but it has yet to propagate on my Spectrum provider desktop.
I assume they are through 2 different ISPs. If they are the same ISP, it means your desktop is caching the DNS records. If that's the case, go to your command prompt and do "ipconfig /flushdns".

There are two ISP. I have been flushing DNS for several hours. It's just Spectrum takes longer than everyone else.

The daily cron jobs are what I need to monitor. Everyone's daily use will reveal any problems. I hope members will post their issues here for me to investigate.
Do you want something else monitored besides the URL availability?
Michael 07:55 PM 09-17-2017
Yes, there are two ISP. One from my cell phone and one for my home. I've been flashing DNS for several hours. Spectrum just takes longer than the rest.
LysesKids 05:15 AM 09-18-2017
Yes, there are two ISP. One from my cell phone and one for my home. I've been flashing DNS for several hours. Spectrum just takes longer than the rest.
That explains my issue last night... I hate having Spectrum lol
Blackcat31 09:09 AM 09-18-2017
I've migrated the daycare.com forum and website to a new server. Please let me know if anyone has any issues. There is still a lot I need to test and your help would be invaluable.
I sent you a private message
midaycare 10:26 AM 09-18-2017
Just fyi, I can only access the forum on and off today. About 2x out of the 20 I tried. From my phone anyway. I can only sit down with my laptop at nap, and it seems to be working okay from here.
Blackcat31 10:32 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Just fyi, I can only access the forum on and off today. About 2x out of the 20 I tried. From my phone anyway. I can only sit down with my laptop at nap, and it seems to be working okay from here.
Same here..... About 2 out of 5 attempts net me the server error page.

Sharlan messaged me and can't get on at all.
Michael 11:01 AM 09-18-2017
The site may still be propagating. Is it a page that says it is under maintanence or an error message? If it's an error message I need to know what it says.
sahm1225 11:15 AM 09-18-2017
IMG_6533.PNGIMG_6533.PNG
Attached:
storybookending 11:26 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Attachment 4275Attachment 4275
I got this same message a few times today, all within 12-1PM central time. Got it when I tried to quote someone in another thread, got when I gave up on that and just tried to hit the post reply button. No other issues so far.
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 09-18-2017
The site may still be propagating. Is it a page that says it is under maintanence or an error message? If it's an error message I need to know what it says.
The message SAHM1225 posted here as well but like I said only about 2 out of 5 attempts to refresh... otherwise everything else seems to be working fine.
Michael 11:52 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Attachment 4275Attachment 4275
That is a database error. The forum is database driven. Did this notice come up when you tried to post? Since you can post now, it seems sporadic. I was having similar issues when the domain was switching between the old computer and new
one. This should be resolved by tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The message SAHM1225 posted here as well but like I said only about 2 out of 5 attempts to refresh... otherwise everything else seems to be working fine.
The propagation seems to be settling down. ��
Michael 11:56 AM 09-18-2017
Same here..... About 2 out of 5 attempts net me the server error page.

Sharlan messaged me and can't get on at all.
She may need to flush her cache on her computer. If she can run cmd.exe in order to get to her C: prompt she can run the command ipconfig /flushdns
Michael 12:18 PM 09-18-2017
I just got the database error also. I appears Google and Bing and hitting the server too much trying to crawl it. So much information, so little time and bandwidth.
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 09-18-2017
She may need to flush her cache on her computer. If she can run dcm.exe in order to get to her C: prompt she can run the command ipconfig /flushdns
I let her know... hopefully she'll get back on.
If not, I'll let you know. Thank you!
Michael 12:52 PM 09-18-2017
I let her know... hopefully she'll get back on.
If not, I'll let you know. Thank you!
Actually, the problem is on my end. The database is getting flooded and I am having to reconfigure it. Hopefully, I'll have it worked out soon.
Michael 01:47 PM 09-18-2017
Testing image uploads.
Attached: IMG_1398.jpg (33.8 KB) 
midaycare 01:58 PM 09-18-2017
It keeps telling me my connection isn't private when it doesn't work.

I'm on mobile now, but 30 minutes ago it didn't work. Good luck!
Michael 02:54 PM 09-18-2017

Next time you see it, can you send me the URL?
Daycare.com is secured now and starts with https (secured).
sharlan 04:49 PM 09-18-2017
I finally got on.
Blackcat31 05:05 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I finally got on.

Michael 06:06 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I finally got on.
We spoke and the propagation gods answered.
Josiegirl 02:16 AM 09-19-2017
You all were here throwing a party without me all day yesterday??!!
I couldn't get on at all but figured it was just taking time to complete. I was thinking....on a Monday?? How can I survive a Monday without the forum? Thank the propagation Gods I made it back this a.m. And Michael of course!!
Michael 04:38 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
You all were here throwing a party without me all day yesterday??!!
I couldn't get on at all but figured it was just taking time to complete. I was thinking....on a Monday?? How can I survive a Monday without the forum? Thank the propagation Gods I made it back this a.m. And Michael of course!!

As a follow up. How is everything working on the forum? It is blazingly fast for me. Anyone else notice pro/cons?

I guess if it is business as usual, it the best thing.
midaycare 07:32 PM 09-19-2017
Next time you see it, can you send me the URL?
Daycare.com is secured now and starts with https (secured).
I'm having issues getting my clipboard to paste. Anyways, it says my connection is not private and someone may try to steal my information, do I want to continue or go back to safety? It only does this on my phone. And only with this website.

Anyone else have this or just me?
Michael 07:38 PM 09-19-2017
I'm having issues getting my clipboard to paste. Anyways, it says my connection is not private and someone may try to steal my information, do I want to continue or go back to safety? It only does this on my phone. And only with this website.

Anyone else have this or just me?
That's because we made the whole site secured. Can you tell me which page you are getting that notice at?
Josiegirl 01:42 AM 09-20-2017
For me, it does seem to be working faster and no hang-ups anywhere.
Second Home 09:47 AM 09-20-2017
I have to log in every time I want to come on the site , it will not remember me even when I check the box .
Michael 12:27 PM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I have to log in every time I want to come on the site , it will not remember me even when I check the box .
I have that problem on my iPhone but on my desktop browser it stays logged in for days. How do you view the forum?
LysesKids 12:49 PM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I had that happen on one of my MacBooks, the other computer no issue; turns out it could be how I had my Macs originally set to save passwords... some sites I still can't get the older one to allow regardless how I've tried lol
MarinaVanessa 03:30 PM 09-20-2017
I couldn't get on at all yesterday. I tried a few times during nap but figured things were still working themselves out. I tried again a few minutes ago and everything was fine.

Is it me or is it faster?
hottie8962 03:37 PM 09-20-2017

Its telling me the same thing
Michael 06:16 PM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I couldn't get on at all yesterday. I tried a few times during nap but figured things were still working themselves out. I tried again a few minutes ago and everything was fine.

Is it me or is it faster?
Yes. It's a new server and a lot faster.

Originally Posted by hottie8962:
Its telling me the same thing
It would be helpful if you could send me the page where you are getting that security notice.
midaycare 05:23 AM 09-21-2017
Yes. It's a new server and a lot faster.

It would be helpful if you could send me the page where you are getting that security notice.
I tried yesterday, but I couldn't get on at all. Kept kicking me off. I have the forum page as a bookmark so that is the access page that was giving me issues. Today, no problems at all!
MarinaVanessa 07:42 AM 09-21-2017
Just a small I thing I noticed today ... you know when you look at the list of topics and they're in bold when they have a new thread or new comments in a thread that you haven't read? Then you read the comments and it doesn't show up in bold in the list anymore so you know you've read them and are current ... well now when I read it it sometimes stays in bold even though I read the thread or new comments. Some of them that I read aren't in bold though but if I comment on them then they turn to bold even though it's my own comment and even though I go back to read my own comment it sometimes stays bold.
Michael 12:18 PM 09-21-2017
Just a small I thing I noticed today ... you know when you look at the list of topics and they're in bold when they have a new thread or new comments in a thread that you haven't read? Then you read the comments and it doesn't show up in bold in the list.
That's weird. The bold goes away for me. Are you logged in anywhere else? You could try flushing your browser cache,
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 09-21-2017
Just a small I thing I noticed today ... you know when you look at the list of topics and they're in bold when they have a new thread or new comments in a thread that you haven't read? Then you read the comments and it doesn't show up in bold in the list anymore so you know you've read them and are current ... well now when I read it it sometimes stays in bold even though I read the thread or new comments. Some of them that I read aren't in bold though but if I comment on them then they turn to bold even though it's my own comment and even though I go back to read my own comment it sometimes stays bold.
That's weird. The bold goes away for me. Are you logged in anywhere else? You could try flushing your browser cache,
That's happened to me before too a few times but usually only when I am using Google Chrome or my iPad....but never happens when I am using Windows or Edge or whatever it's called now.

I always chalked it up to Google verses the forum.
I figured out that if I log off (I stay logged in on all my devices most times) it must "reset" everything and stuff seems to work correctly again.

Since migration to new servers it hasn't happened at all.
Michael 01:17 PM 09-21-2017
That's happened to me before too a few times but usually only when I am using Google Chrome or my iPad....but never happens when I am using Windows or Edge or whatever it's called now.

I figured out that if I log off (I stay logged in on all my devices most times) it must "reset" everything and stuff seems to work correctly again.

Do you ever log out of the forum with all your devices at once? It resets your account cache in the forum.
Michael 01:40 PM 09-21-2017
Also, since we are on a new server, I can offer more quotas for members. DaveA mentioned that he could not upload certain pictures because of the file size. I corrected that from 1/2 mb to 2mb. I also bumped private messages from 300 to 500 and personal photo albums to 500. Any other suggestions?
MarinaVanessa 02:16 PM 09-21-2017

I'm not logged in anywhere else but I am using Chrome so that makes sense. It's a Chrome thing then, not a big deal. I'll live.
LysesKids 02:18 PM 09-21-2017
I flushed my cache & am still having the same issues as some others. I tried on 2 different Macbook pros at different times, same thing
LysesKids 02:21 PM 09-21-2017
I'm not logged in anywhere else but I am using Chrome so that makes sense. It's a Chrome thing then, not a big deal. I'll live.
Yeah, apparently Lowe's switched stuff over recently & their new server won't allow MACS of any kind to log on unless you do it thru Chrome (2 months now); I don't use Chrome so it's a big pain the ass to pay my bill and see statements - supposedly it's supposed to be fixed soon... still waiting lol
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 09-21-2017
Do you ever log out of the forum with all your devices at once? It resets your account cache in the forum.

Yes, I try to make a habit of logging off all devices at least weekly.

Definitely makes a difference!
Tags:daycare.com
Reply Up