Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dieting
thecrazyisout 10:59 AM 04-13-2011
I hate it.......my vent for the day I guess.....I feed the kids healthy meals generally, so I should eat more healthy too, right? I do generally, but still have those cravings....

It is so much easier to feed into the cravings when you are alone with kids....

SIGH...
busymomof2 11:09 AM 04-13-2011
I know what you mean. I hadn't eaten candy in weeks until I bought some for our Easter hunt. Let's just say I will need to go buy more.
jojosmommy 11:13 AM 04-13-2011
Yea, I made the kids leftover chicken for lunch and since there wasnt enough for me I had a corndog. TERRIBLE!

And my husband believes jelly beans are my new obsession- I should not have even bought the beans until the day before I gave them out.
kitkat 11:30 AM 04-13-2011
I hear ya! I think I need to invest in locks on the cabinet and pantry
daycare 11:39 AM 04-13-2011
not trying to brag, but I am a health freak and a fitness nut... one of my DCM asked how do you do it... I told her you have to be real who can be on a diet 24/7... i eat treats too, I am only human. But when I am getting ready to wear a bikini I stop the treat and work out more... But trust me as soon as the summer ends I put on my winter coat and eat whatever I want..lol who can do a life diet...not me....
momofsix 11:42 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by busymomof2:
I know what you mean. I hadn't eaten candy in weeks until I bought some for our Easter hunt. Let's just say I will need to go buy more.
sounds JUST like me!!!
dEHmom 11:45 AM 04-13-2011
i'm not a huge fan of candies, but if there's chocolate around, it's mine. I will eat it. I have a huge bag full usually in my room somewhere. sometimes when I can't decide which one I want, I have 2
daycare 11:50 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
i'm not a huge fan of candies, but if there's chocolate around, it's mine. I will eat it. I have a huge bag full usually in my room somewhere. sometimes when I can't decide which one I want, I have 2
you want to hear something funny.. I don't eat dairy, but my husband insisted on buying these sugarfree choc turttles. I refused to eat them. So my time of the month is coming up and I have no honey and nothing sweet, but these choc turttles... Of course I tried one, then two, then three...OMG they were great ..... waht I did not know is that they have sugar alcohol in them that pretty much is like a laxative.......Lets just say I will never eat one of those or any choc ever again.....r u i n e d me for life..

So now I joke and say you want a choc cure....eat these......lol
dEHmom 11:57 AM 04-13-2011
lol. Nothing will make me stop eating chocolate.

I am always a huge milk chocolate fan until I grew up, and acquired the taste for dark chocolate. I don't like all dark chocolate, but there are some good ones. I'm addicted to dark chocolate with cacao beans in it. mmmm....i love the little beans.
marniewon 11:59 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
I hate it.......my vent for the day I guess.....I feed the kids healthy meals generally, so I should eat more healthy too, right? I do generally, but still have those cravings....

It is so much easier to feed into the cravings when you are alone with kids....

SIGH...
Especially during nap time!! I hear ya! I'm dieting also, and have been doing really well for the last few weeks, but today and yesterday right around this time I've been craving tortilla chips!! And, since there are some in the house, I ate them. Now, my stomach is a little queasy from eating them, and all I can think about is what other junk do we have in the house for me to eat??? I'm NOT even HUNGRY!!!! And I have a ton of fresh fruits and veggies (all my faves) but of course those don't appeal to me. Even the thought of how well I'm doing isn't helping me to stay away from the junk.

If you'll excuse the brag, I've lost 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks . Luckily, the program that I'm doing allows for a little cheat here and there, but I'm trying not to cheat.

I'll tell you what I'm telling myself right now - be strong, you can do it!!
dEHmom 12:01 PM 04-13-2011
i hate water, so I would never do plain water, but flavored water sure....

it's the same as quitting smoking, they say everytime you have a craving, replace it with a glass of water. Might help. Or a carrot stick, lol. p.s. I HATE CARROTS too.
youretooloud 12:02 PM 04-13-2011
I feed the kids worse than I feed myself.

Today, I made pancakes for the kids. The oldest kid said "so, you are going to eat Tuna, aren't you?"
daycare 12:07 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:

Today, I made pancakes for the kids. The oldest kid said "so, you are going to eat Tuna, aren't you?"
lol thats funny.....
thecrazyisout 12:19 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:

HILARIOUS...so funny when the kids know you so well.
safechner 01:16 PM 04-13-2011
I hear you... Usually, I bought separate foods for Daycare and myself. I bought lean cruise, turkey hot dog with wheat buns, a lot of veggies, etc.. I don't eat any fruits for my lunch. I still lose weight since Jan 3, 2011. I was so excited that I saw Biggest Loser meal at Target supermarket this morning but oh boy, it's expensive. It costs $6 but it is on Sale for $5. I didn't buy it.
daycare 01:19 PM 04-13-2011
holy cow $6.00 thats a lot of money for one meal...... I dont eat packaged meals, but that sounds like a lot of money? Is it? lol

I spend like $6.00 or my food for almost the whole day...lol
countrymom 03:48 PM 04-13-2011
I'm awful at lunch too, the kids eat really good but then there is not enough for me or i just eat that stuff. So I bought some kellogs protien bars and eat a yogurt for lunch and I can't believe how full I get but I so need the chocolate in the after and this is a great fix, DON'T BUY THE JILLIAN MICHAELS PROTIEN POWDER DRINK, its so gross, it disolves in water yuck, I tried it in milk and it wouldn't dissolve. Slim fast taste way better than her drinks.
marniewon 05:47 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I'm awful at lunch too, the kids eat really good but then there is not enough for me or i just eat that stuff. So I bought some kellogs protien bars and eat a yogurt for lunch and I can't believe how full I get but I so need the chocolate in the after and this is a great fix, DON'T BUY THE JILLIAN MICHAELS PROTIEN POWDER DRINK, its so gross, it disolves in water yuck, I tried it in milk and it wouldn't dissolve. Slim fast taste way better than her drinks.
That's funny you should say that - I love the taste of her chocolate drink!
blueclouds29 06:14 PM 04-13-2011
I don't need to diet! I never get to eat when i'm watching the kids. The minute i take something out my 2 year old is all over me! I don't have a set nap time cause i have 2 young babies that take naps in the am and then my DD take the 1 -3 nap! I have lost so much weight by just not having enough time to 'eat'. I eat with the kids but there is always something going on or messes to clean up. You would think i have a ton of kids but i only have 3! LOL Plus now that it nice out we are outside a lot, no time to snack then either. The best diet is working with kids! LOL
Meyou 01:28 AM 04-14-2011
I don't diet but I watch what I eat. I eat junk a couple of times a week and then behave for 3 or 4 days afterwards. It works for me. I lost 40lbs 2 years ago when my ex and I split up by working out and counting calories and I've kept it all off.

I can't deprive myself but I can be logical and tell myself "You ate your body weight in oreos yesterday so now no cookies for you!!" I have a treat, in moderation and then I eat very well for at least a few days before I'll consider another treat. Works well for me because the cravings would cause me to fail if I didn't satisfy them.

The other thing I do is always wear a step counter. I do an average of 8000 steps a day if we don't go for a walk and if my steps are low I'll walk in the yard while they play. It just makes me aware of how active I am that day. More accountability I guess. I can't exactly pretend to myself I'm active if I took 8 steps all days. lol
Tags:diet
Reply Up