Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2012 Paid Holidays
DaycareMom 08:40 AM 12-20-2011
Quick question ...

I was writing out my list of paid holidays for the upcoming year and 7/9 holidays fall on Monday.

I have a p/t who is here monday and wednesday. I feel bad having them pay for all holidays but also don't want to get screwed out of paid holidays.

I was thinking of offering to switch days for 4/7 but that she would have to pay me for 3/7 without switching but I wasn't sure of that would be too confusing.

What does everyone else do? Any advice/suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
Springdaze 08:44 AM 12-20-2011
If i had room on the days i might switch them all. I might not switch Christmas though, but Ill probably be closed the day after anyway.
Rachel 09:46 AM 12-20-2011
When my kids were little they went to a DCP 2x a week and it turned out that they would have missed almost all their days (when full time kids were only missing 1x the week). The dcp kindly switched about half the days so I didn't pay 80% holiday while the other families paid 20% holiday. I thought it was very fair of her.
lil angels 09:55 AM 12-20-2011
I have one that only come mon and tues and I just leave it alone or they will expect to be switching all the time. The year after things will work out better for them.
Crazy8 10:27 AM 12-20-2011
I think I would leave it as is and as the holidays come up maybe offer them the switch. You don't know if they will be with you all year or if you will possibly end up filling those days later in the year. Too many variables to make a commitment to it now - I would just wait till each particular holiday is coming up and mention "hey, you always get jipped because holidays fall on Monday, I'd like to offer you Tuesday for next week". Unfortunately many holidays are observed on Mondays, its just the way it is.
mismatchedsocks 10:37 AM 12-20-2011
I am pretty flexible, and work with the families. I tell them if I have openings they can switch or take another day that week if they need it. My two part time children who come Monday, Thursday, Friday pay for those days, because they never have to change. Mom works those days ( nursing) but dad is off those Mondays. But I have one family who does Monday, Wednesday or whenever i have openings. She does not work, her daughter is special needs, so she does it for a break. I will offer to her whatever i have available that week.
MN Day Mom 08:36 AM 12-22-2011
Maybe consider charging 1/2 rate for the Holidays and they can choose to pay for an additional day that week if you have a spot... so they'd still get their two days and you'd split each Holiday that falls on a Monday?
Tags:paid holidays
Reply Up