Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh My- The Hummer!!!
laundrymom 01:39 PM 08-22-2012
I have one who if I'm talking, playing, engaging with another child, she hums. Not a sweet hum, but a loud, blender type labored constant hum. If I ask her to stop she does, happy that she has my attention, if not it gets louder, and louder, right now it is about the same volume as a kitchen aid mixer been 23 minutes. I'm sure she will give up soon, she keeps increasing volume, then looking to me for response. I don't give one. She's 4. And wickedly brilliant. Truly, flat smart. She gets plenty of one on one but wow, the minute she's not center of the world, she's humming!!! Lol ugh. I feel better. Lol
Country Kids 01:41 PM 08-22-2012
What, I can't hear you over the humming!
MyAngels 04:05 PM 08-22-2012
I've got a hummer, too. He doesn't do it for attention though. He hums the theme tune from Superman. Now he's got me doing it, too .
daycarediva 04:12 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I've got a hummer, too. He doesn't do it for attention though. He hums the theme tune from Superman. Now he's got me doing it, too .
BAHAHA! I have one that sings the star wars theme.

Da da da da da dadadadaaaaaaaa (over and over and over) LOL!

I think if you ignore it, it may go away. Thankfully dcb doesn't bother me, and sometimes I sing/hum a random tune to see who gets it, and stop the star wars for 5 minutes.
Blackcat31 02:23 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
BAHAHA! I have one that sings the star wars theme.

Da da da da da dadadadaaaaaaaa (over and over and over) LOL!

I think if you ignore it, it may go away. Thankfully dcb doesn't bother me, and sometimes I sing/hum a random tune to see who gets it, and stop the star wars for 5 minutes.
I have one who sings the Menard's commercial song.....

I would rather they sang/hummed ANYTHING other than "Save big money at Menard's" over and over again!
daycare 02:26 PM 08-23-2012
I will trade you for my loud scream singer that makes up songs and signs at the top of his lungs that it gets everyone of the kid to yell and whine please stop you are hurting my ears...

its happens at least 3 times an hour every day.......
MyAngels 07:45 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have one who sings the Menard's commercial song.....

I would rather they sang/hummed ANYTHING other than "Save big money at Menard's" over and over again!
Well that is a catchy jingle. I ought to know, since now it's stuck in my head .
Kaddidle Care 07:50 PM 08-23-2012
Oye - that is my child. He is constantly humming, talking, making weird noises. I tell him "Please do not do that in school, you'll annoy your friends!" Just likes the sound of his own voice. He loves to hum video game songs.
mema 10:27 AM 08-24-2012
I have one that sings constantly. I don't know if she really remembers how to just talk! Every story she tells is in a sing songy voice. Her latest crazy is the Call Me Maybe song, but she only sings one part and doesn't quite have the words. She says, "here's my number, so call me baby! oh baby, baby. Here's my number, so call me baby! oh baby, baby." Over and over and over a n d o v e r
Tags:attention seeking, humming
Reply Up