Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Keeping Track of Schedules
Christina72684 07:48 PM 08-24-2011
I went from 4 kids to 16 in the matter of a few weeks (a local center closed & then once school started we're the only DC on the bus' route). I'm having a heck of a time keeping track of who comes what days and when they are supposed to get here and leave. What do you use? Do you make a spreadsheet or something? I tried to make an Excel spreadsheet with the days going across the top and 1/2 hour increments going down the side, and then filling in who's here when, but it's still confusing. I feel so overwhelmed!
Abigail 08:03 PM 08-24-2011
You can send me a list of the times, days, and names and I will make something in Microsoft Word for you.
Crazy8 08:06 PM 08-24-2011
I have a grid laminated so I can fill in names with a dry erase marker. But I only have it by day, not by hour since all my kids come full days (or nearly full days).

So mine just has the days across the top and and since I'm only allowed 5 kids I have it numbered 1-5 down the side.

so it would look something like this (can't copy from excel - its much prettier than this, LOL):

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAY
1 name1 name1 name1 name1 name1
2 name2 name2 name2 name2 name2
3 name3 name3 name3 name3
4 name4 name4 name4 name4

so I can easily see that in addition to having one full space open I also have a Monday and a Friday opening. If I had part timers that "shared" a full time space I write them on the same line like name1 would be mon, wed, fri and name2 would be tues and thurs AND even if name 2 was tues, thurs, fri - I would use the one line for the 5 days and then on the next line put name2 on the friday only, so then when I had someone like name4 they would all fill in one line.

Probably doesn't make sense but it works well for me!
JaydensMommy 08:12 PM 08-24-2011
I use my calendar on my computer. I'm able to schedule them in as appointments and so when I look at my calendar it shows each child's name on that date. I also color coded them to where I can tell how many infants, pre-k and school aged children I have so I know I'm not over ratio and also can easily tell if I have an opening for drop-ins.
pfund2233 08:43 PM 08-24-2011
I make a calender in Excel and put in the kids names and times on each day. I also color code it!! It's worked wonders for me!!
familyschoolcare 09:02 PM 08-24-2011
This is basically what my sheet looks like

child's name Monday
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6

The column repeats for each day of the week

With rows all the way down the page.

I write the child's name in the front of the row then put a line across when they are to be here, the days and the times. you could place exact times if you needed to.
Christina72684 05:12 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
You can send me a list of the times, days, and names and I will make something in Microsoft Word for you.
That would be great! I'll send you the Excel spreadsheet I made, but if that's too confusing I can send just a list. PM me your email address and I'll get that to you today!
mismatchedsocks 05:27 AM 08-25-2011
I have a calander from microsoft word that I use. I type in mondays, then copy and paste for the next few months, for each day. Then as things change or people are added I can add them from the printed copy. Congrats on being so full!
e.j. 05:41 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I have a grid laminated so I can fill in names with a dry erase marker. But I only have it by day, not by hour since all my kids come full days (or nearly full days).

So mine just has the days across the top and and since I'm only allowed 5 kids I have it numbered 1-5 down the side.

so it would look something like this (can't copy from excel - its much prettier than this, LOL):

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAY
1 name1 name1 name1 name1 name1
2 name2 name2 name2 name2 name2
3 name3 name3 name3 name3
4 name4 name4 name4 name4

so I can easily see that in addition to having one full space open I also have a Monday and a Friday opening. If I had part timers that "shared" a full time space I write them on the same line like name1 would be mon, wed, fri and name2 would be tues and thurs AND even if name 2 was tues, thurs, fri - I would use the one line for the 5 days and then on the next line put name2 on the friday only, so then when I had someone like name4 they would all fill in one line.

Probably doesn't make sense but it works well for me!
I do the same thing only I never thought to laminate mine. That's a great idea!
heyhun77 07:44 AM 08-25-2011
when I had kids coming and going like that I used an excel spreadsheet (one for each day) with enough rows for my full capacity. That way if I was filling in with part time kids I knew where I was at so I didn't go over my limits.
Tags:schedules
Reply Up