Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent!!
JennyBear 10:26 AM 09-25-2012
So I met with a family on Friday night that were in a bit of a situation and needed to find daycare asap for their two children. I was told that their last provider notified them the Friday before that she was moving on the Monday therefore that was their last day of care (I don't know if this is true or not).

So they interviewed quite well...mom had a lot of great questions, kids seemed well behaved, dad showed up and was pretty hands on so I had given the family the paperwork to review over the weekend and get back to me (we did review it quickly during the interview). Mom asked me on the way out if I would take her kids as of Monday, and I said sure! She said her and hubby would review and sign all paperwork and bring Monday morning when drop off the kids. I made sure she knew it was important that they arrive with ALL paperwork.

Monday morning came and mom only had part of the contract which she ended up taking back with her (by accident) so I didn't have any paperwork (the rest of the paperwork she told me she forgot at home b/c she had on counter for hubby to sign so forgot it there). I told her that as long as I have ALL paperwork Tuesday before daycare it wouldn't be a problem...she said ok.

So this morning guess what?!?! Yep! Still no paperwork!!! GRRR!!! Well, she brought a bag of extra clothes and had everything except the contract in there, but all the paperwork was only signed by mom (and i require both signatures). The contract was no where to be seen. Since I didn't actually go through the bag and paperwork while mom was here, she left and then I found all this out.

So I wrote a letter to go home tonight (and I will speak to her at pick up) and let her know that her and hubby will have to fill out ALL paperwork and BOTH sign and return TONIGHT or no daycare tomorrow. No if's, and's or butt's.

I'm so angry that this family is either very ignorant or aloof....or going to take advantage of me! Normally I would just terminate and move on, however, I'm not in a position to just let this family go right now. We really need this income (if they even pay me! ugh!)

I continue to lack the confidence and experience to even approach this with mom tonight. I know I have to...and I know I have to stick to my guns (I am not about to provide care without money...or a signed contract!!) and I know my first mistake was even allowing them in here both days so far without everything, but because we really are relying on this extra money I've been a sucker. So pick up time is coming near and I'm starting to get anxious.

This is the first time I have ever been in this position. Ugh
Tags:contract issues, enrollment forms, first day, paper work
Up