Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The S*** Will Hit The Fan
Heidi 11:24 AM 12-19-2012
S N O W that is, what were you thinking?

We are expecting 14-18 inches of snow and blizzard conditions starting at 6pm today.

Our family is leaving for Florida on Saturday morning.
Blackcat31 11:26 AM 12-19-2012
I am soooooo bummed! Not that you get to go to Florida (btdt ) but that you are getting so much snow!!!!

We aren't getting any! I sooooo want some!!!
wdmmom 11:28 AM 12-19-2012
Where are you at Heidi? We're in a blizzard warning 6pm today til 6pm til tomorrow and looking at 6-10 inches in Iowa.
Meeko 11:30 AM 12-19-2012
We have a ton! Love it!
mema 11:32 AM 12-19-2012
Ours I think was just moved from 3-6 to 5-7 inches. I'm just glad it won't be over the weekend or holiday. That would make for horrible driving to Christmas. Have a blast in Florida and enjoy the heat
Heidi 11:32 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Where are you at Heidi? We're in a blizzard warning 6pm today til 6pm til tomorrow and looking at 6-10 inches in Iowa.
right in the middle of Wisconsin
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 12-19-2012
Could you point that fan in my direction please???

My snowmobile is gassed up and ready to go!
wdmmom 11:55 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Id gladly send it anywhere but here if I had the ability.
laundrymom 11:57 AM 12-19-2012
Send it south east. Right to Indiana, I am NOT in the Cheistmas mood this year. I need it!
Blackcat31 11:59 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Id gladly send it anywhere but here if I had the ability.
I wish you really could!

I love snow!!!!!
dave4him 12:17 PM 12-19-2012
My daughter asked God for a white Christmas, so im sure we will get some soon
LK5kids 12:48 PM 12-19-2012
Right in the path for 12-18 inches here too!
Country Kids 12:51 PM 12-19-2012
Yesterday we were under a weather advisory-3-8 inches of snow. Advisory from 12:00 am-4:00pm and extreme caution on everything. It snowed for 10 min at 5:30am, barely covered the ground and we were put on a 2 hour delay.

I was furious!!! There was no reason for the kids to get out of school for 2 hours. Now today they have early out day and I think they should have to stay and make up the unnecessary 2 hours they missed yesterday.
Binkybobo 12:55 PM 12-19-2012
i wish it would snow here, but the only temperatures we get in TX are hot and hotter I woke up sweating this morning. I just turned on the AC so the kids would nap better, and it's still warm in here!
spud912 01:00 PM 12-19-2012
Ahh, I miss snow (I used to live in Colorado). It just never feels completely like Christmas here in Phoenix! At least we have cooler weather finally and Flagstaff has snow, so I think we will be heading up there so I can reminisce and then drive back to 70 degrees.
Countrygal 01:14 PM 12-19-2012
Well, I'm all snuggled in and ready, I think. Went to town this am and got milk. Glad it will be gone by the weekend when so many are travelling.

Heidi, have a WONDERFUL vaca!!! If you need a sub at all, I do have openings right now..... Be glad to help out if any of your clients need it.
Bookworm 01:14 PM 12-19-2012
Please send some to SC. Tis week it's going to be in the high 60's and it really doesn't feel like Christmas. I don't want much, 4-6 inches will be enough to shut the state down for a week.
mema 01:24 PM 12-19-2012

I wonder if since it is suppose to be windy, if the wind cranked up just a little more, maybe it would blow up that way! I really hope the "blizzard" conditions aren't there tomorrow, dh has a lot of road travel to get to his clients.
SilverSabre25 04:44 PM 12-19-2012
JEALOUS!

I need to move.

Anyone (in a snowy state!) need more daycare providers in your town?
Heidi 05:53 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
Well, I'm all snuggled in and ready, I think. Went to town this am and got milk. Glad it will be gone by the weekend when so many are travelling.

Heidi, have a WONDERFUL vaca!!! If you need a sub at all, I do have openings right now..... Be glad to help out if any of your clients need it.
hey...a friend was asking about dc near Camp for a friend of her who is currently using the local illegal provider (blue house just outside of town). Apparently, the dcm is not happy because the illegal provider charges for days off, claiming her child is taking a "slot", when in fact, there are no slots because they have 15 kids there sometimes. Oh, and the "provider" charges $100 per week, or $25 per day for drop in SA care.

yeah...

I hope they call you! If at all possible, get them in the door and SHOW them what they're getting before they talk price or details! Good luck!
Sunshine74 08:40 PM 12-19-2012
I am soooooo bummed! Not that you get to go to Florida (btdt ) but that you are getting so much snow!!!!

We aren't getting any! I sooooo want some!!!
I feel the same way! We didn't have much last year either, and it's making me sad. They are calling for snow over the weekend, and I just don't believe it anymore. I want to take the kids out in the snow and build a snowman! And read my favorite snow book, Sadie and the Snowman.
Crazy8 08:46 PM 12-19-2012
I'll take about 3-4" of that fluffy white stuff for Christmas!!! You can keep the rest!!! I don't understand this crazy weather - we had a hurricane and snow storm a week apart back in October and have had the craziest mild weather since. It even feels strange doing snowman type crafts with the kids - it just doesn't feel like its really winter here!
theycallmetaytor 10:14 PM 12-19-2012
It's snowing here! it probably won't stick though It's been mild this winter. They're predicting a white Christmas, but I don't hold out much hope
Sugar Magnolia 09:56 AM 12-20-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
S N O W that is, what were you thinking?

We are expecting 14-18 inches of snow and blizzard conditions starting at 6pm today.

Our family is leaving for Florida on Saturday morning.
And it is unseasonably warm. Currently 75 degrees and sunny. Where in FL are you going? Have a great trip down here!
Heidi 11:25 AM 12-20-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
And it is unseasonably warm. Currently 75 degrees and sunny. Where in FL are you going? Have a great trip down here!
Keep it going with the unseasonably warm!

We will be in Kissimee until the 30th, then heading up to Savanah for a couple days, then home. We are driving-leaving Saturday morning.
LK5kids 12:43 PM 12-20-2012
I'm in the middle of this Wisconsin snowy, blowy, sparkly day and LOVING every minute of it. Have no idea how much snow we have gotten.
Reply Up