Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inconsiderate Parents!
lilcupcakes09 04:46 AM 07-19-2013
It really bothers me that parents tgink it is perfectly ok to keep their kids out late then bring them to my house first thing in the grumpy as all get out! I'm happy that the parents like to do things with their kids but it's not ok to keep them up until 11 12 at night to do them! I as an adult can't handle staying up that late and getting up so early much less a child! And what makes you more annoyed is to know that Dad is at home snoozing away!
Familycare71 04:51 AM 07-19-2013
But... It Friday!!! .
Ugh- that is so frustrating!!! I have a family I need to talk to about bed time- dcb has been just laying around because he is exhausted! Just because it is summer doesn't mean they have a burst of not needing sleep!
Heidi 05:44 AM 07-19-2013
my answer to that would be that they lay down for an hour at arrival, then get up for breakfast, if that's possible.
DaisyMamma 05:46 AM 07-19-2013
They do that here too. It really irritates me.
wdmmom 06:28 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
my answer to that would be that they lay down for an hour at arrival, then get up for breakfast, if that's possible.

You've got the right idea!
BumbleBee 06:31 AM 07-19-2013
Right there with ya. 4.5 yo up until 1am, arrives here at 8am. Going to school in the fall....school is gonna looooooooove her cranky whiney overtired attitude.
mema 07:23 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:

Or an early lunch and early nap. Then they get up earlier than usual and are cranky when parents pick up
littlemissmuffet 07:40 AM 07-19-2013
If a kid can't participate in daily activities, they can't stay. Extreme tiredness and crankiness included. I'd call dad to come and pick up and tell him next time they decide to stay out until midnight to not brother bringing their kid. I'm not here to help out irresponsible parents who don't want to deal with the aftermath of their bad choices - I'm here to look after children while parents are AT WORK.
TheGoodLife 08:27 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
If a kid can't participate in daily activities, they can't stay. Extreme tiredness and crankiness included. I'd call dad to come and pick up and tell him next time they decide to stay out until midnight to not brother bringing their kid. I'm not here to help out irresponsible parents who don't want to deal with the aftermath of their bad choices - I'm here to look after children while parents are AT WORK.

My3cents 09:50 AM 07-19-2013
might come across as harsh but so very true---
Hunni Bee 10:49 AM 07-19-2013
Or as the very nice unregistered people on the other thread like to think of it, alternative parenting methods
Patches 10:57 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Or as the very nice unregistered people on the other thread like to think of it, alternative parenting methods

littlemissmuffet 11:26 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

Cradle2crayons 11:30 AM 07-19-2013
The mother of my three sibling state pay is constantly saying she has to go to the store to buy more Mountain Dew because the kids drink it all.

I told her the next time she brings her kids here after Mountain Dew she would have to take them home. I KNOW when they've had it and when they haven't. And one time middle kid walks in with a bottle in her hand. Out the door she went to grandmas house.

Sometimes I simply wonder.
Reply Up