Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yay! For Recess!!
Blackcat31 07:41 AM 11-04-2016
Texas School Triples Recess Time And Sees Immediate Positive Results In Kids

http://www.scarymommy.com/texas-scho...sults-in-kids/
Boymom 08:00 AM 11-04-2016
Awesome!!! I 100% agree with this!
daycarediva 09:04 AM 11-04-2016
I just want to say---- DUH.

These kids are stressed out and overscheduled. Can you imagine what little free play/outdoor time they have? My SA dcb ONLY plays outside HERE now M-F, by the time he gets home, it's dark. His teacher does 'indoor recess' from Nov-March because she doesn't want the winter weather clothing to clutter up her cubbies. WTH!?

Other SA dcg gets 15 minutes total- which includes getting ready and walking outside. Her parents have her scheduled the minute she gets picked up at 4 with classes. NO free time. She is 6 and has meltdowns about going to school on a regular basis.
Baby Beluga 09:11 AM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I just want to say---- DUH.

These kids are stressed out and overscheduled. Can you imagine what little free play/outdoor time they have? My SA dcb ONLY plays outside HERE now M-F, by the time he gets home, it's dark. His teacher does 'indoor recess' from Nov-March because she doesn't want the winter weather clothing to clutter up her cubbies. WTH!?

Other SA dcg gets 15 minutes total- which includes getting ready and walking outside. Her parents have her scheduled the minute she gets picked up at 4 with classes. NO free time. She is 6 and has meltdowns about going to school on a regular basis.
Those poor kids

You would think the benefits of the children playing outdoors would be greater then the "hassle" of winter gear in the cubbies.
daycarediva 09:16 AM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Those poor kids

You would think the benefits of the children playing outdoors would be greater then the "hassle" of winter gear in the cubbies.
As a veteran teacher with 20+ years in primary school, you would think she could correlate the increase in behavior issues with lack of recess......

I told my dcm to tell her that when she brings up dcb's 1 and 2 stars (out of 5) all week at their conference next week. He has been getting 4-5 starts since Sept. He says EVERYONE is getting low stars now, too.
Controlled Chaos 09:51 AM 11-04-2016
Yessssss! I went to our school board debate recently and that was one of the three questions I asked. How important do you think recess and exercise are?
Baby Beluga 10:20 AM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
As a veteran teacher with 20+ years in primary school, you would think she could correlate the increase in behavior issues with lack of recess......

I told my dcm to tell her that when she brings up dcb's 1 and 2 stars (out of 5) all week at their conference next week. He has been getting 4-5 starts since Sept. He says EVERYONE is getting low stars now, too.

that teacher is setting those children up to fail.
Unregistered 01:55 AM 11-12-2016
I just saw an article...No need for wiggle chairs with adequate Recess. Well ya think?
Reply Up