Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fairies for Fairy Garden??
Unregistered 07:34 AM 06-11-2016
I want to do a fairy garden for my dcks but can't find a source for the fairies. I want plastic, small, and inexpensive. I have found all sorts of shells, rocks, doors, bridges, etc. but cannot find the fairies!

Please help?
sleepinghart 08:25 AM 06-11-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I want to do a fairy garden for my dcks but can't find a source for the fairies. I want plastic, small, and inexpensive. I have found all sorts of shells, rocks, doors, bridges, etc. but cannot find the fairies!

Please help?
~Gosh these are long links- sorry! ..But maybe one of these pages has something you're looking for . ~Good luck!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2890614...aCrRoCaJbw_wcB

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2...fairy%20garden
Josiegirl 08:47 AM 06-11-2016
I'm glad you asked this question! It seems that with the popularity of fairy gardens, the prices are right up there. Some of the sites, such as the Etsy link and Aliexpress, are from overseas sellers so I'm not sure how much shipping would cost, plus you'd be waiting forever. The Toob fairies aren't too bad.
I wonder if you could buy some sculpey clay and make your own? I've been trying to find some cute mini figurines at yard sales or thrift stores but no luck yet.
Unregistered 09:31 AM 06-11-2016
I love sculpey but my stuff turns out cutesy, and I want beautiful/whimsical. Particular, aren't I?
The best that are affordable I have found are these, but they are a bit babyish and would be better if they were really bendable but reviews say they are not. And it doesn't help that I also would prefer racially diverse!
http://www.orientaltrading.com/web/b...&sku=16%2F1356

I'm getting them and hope to "stain" some and also hope to find some beautiful fairies!

(Thanks for the pointers too, SH.)
Unregistered 09:41 AM 06-11-2016
Here's my list of stuff so far, in case it gives anyone else some ideas

Two flower pots with decorative rims that I will paint white/pink/purple (my big kids are all girls right now)
Ladder made of twigs & string (to climb up into the pot if they are too tired to fly!)
Fish gravel - pink/purple/green/blue, haven't made a final decision
Tiny tree cookies from Michaels - already have these in our nature stuff
"Welcome to my garden" painted on a rock - I can do this myself
Small animals - Dollar store silk butterflies/frogs/turtles/???
Bowl for a "lake" - to fill with water
Bridge
Sand dollars -quarter sized
Seashells - have a million of these already
Mini flower pots - a dcp gave me these
Little door with gold doorknob
Swing - going to make this with bendy twigs, string & popsicle sticks
Silk flowers - some tiny, some bigger
Fence
Gazebo - my only expensive purchase so far, but worth it I hope!
Pink sand and pink acrylic rock gems
Moss
Wicker sea-shell shaped baskets - fairies have to sleep somewhere
Thriftylady 10:12 AM 06-11-2016
I have not even looked for any actual fairies. To me the fairy is the magical part, not one they see. My kids do draw pictures and write letters to ours once in awhile, and she rewards them will small treats. Her name is Pixie (she left us a note and told us so when she moved in), so she leaves lots of pixie sticks in return for our letters.
Snowmom 10:17 AM 06-11-2016
The best ones I've found (hold up for years/multiple seasons) have been at Bachman's. They are priced at the mid-line (not cheap, but not spend).
Others I've found have been on zulily, Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

Hobby Lobby is the most reasonably priced and you can find coupons for them as well.
kendallina 04:21 PM 06-11-2016
I bought two of these packages from either Michaels or Hobby Lobby:

https://www.safariltd.com/designer-t...gurines-689804
Unregistered 02:22 AM 06-12-2016
Most weeks Hobby Lobby and Mikes has a daily 40% off one item coupon ! Again not every week but most and you can scan coupon from your phone.
Unregistered 10:46 AM 06-12-2016
Thanks for all ideas.
I tried to order on aliexpress but couldn't get the order to move past the page with cc info. I gave up. It also wouldn't let me click to order a set of wooden ladybugs.
So I ordered the Toob from Michaels with a coupon and that will have to do for now! I have tons of fun add-ons that hopefully they will use creatively.
Will still appreciate ideas if others have them
Laurel 11:26 PM 06-12-2016
The only thing that came to mind is a cake topper since they might be the right size. Not sure if they would work or not. I Googled 'Fairy Cake Toppers' and clicked 'images' and a lot of cute ones came up. Maybe that would work?
Baby lady 08:24 AM 06-13-2016
Amazon for everything

https://smile.amazon.com/Safari-Fant...=Toobs+fairies
sleepinghart 08:57 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I have not even looked for any actual fairies. To me the fairy is the magical part, not one they see. My kids do draw pictures and write letters to ours once in awhile, and she rewards them will small treats. Her name is Pixie (she left us a note and told us so when she moved in), so she leaves lots of pixie sticks in return for our letters.
(^^bolded^^ by me)
~I totally agree! I want the fairies to be the one thing that they don't see- because yes, they are magical... So yes I totally agree with you here .
sleepinghart 08:59 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
The only thing that came to mind is a cake topper since they might be the right size. Not sure if they would work or not. I Googled 'Fairy Cake Toppers' and clicked 'images' and a lot of cute ones came up. Maybe that would work?
~I was thinking that too.
Unregistered 10:41 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Great idea Thanks!

I understand that some don't want actual fairy toys, but I do
Thanks for all ideas!
Reply Up