Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Daycare Name Question
craftymissbeth 06:44 AM 04-04-2014
I currently own a Licensed Daycare Home and am going to change it to a Group Daycare Home when I renew my license this weekend. Doing this will essentially restart the whole licensing process and I will receive a brand new license rather than a change to my current one. So I get to pick a new daycare name. I'm excited!

My current daycare name is Miss Beth's Family Childcare. I really dislike it. I applied for my license online and the online process was new at the time. It was super confusing and I was still in the process of choosing my daycare name... I entered in this one as a place holder and I intended on going back and changing it, but accidentally submitted the application instead

I'm from the Sunflower State and am liking Sunny Seeds Home Childcare... but I dislike how long my current name is and this one isn't any better.

My program is transitioning into a more "natural" environment. Our backyard is getting revamped in the next month or so and will be a natural playscape. Our playroom is going to be totally redone, as well.

Any name suggestions?
jenboo 09:03 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I currently own a Licensed Daycare Home and am going to change it to a Group Daycare Home when I renew my license this weekend. Doing this will essentially restart the whole licensing process and I will receive a brand new license rather than a change to my current one. So I get to pick a new daycare name. I'm excited!

My current daycare name is Miss Beth's Family Childcare. I really dislike it. I applied for my license online and the online process was new at the time. It was super confusing and I was still in the process of choosing my daycare name... I entered in this one as a place holder and I intended on going back and changing it, but accidentally submitted the application instead

I'm from the Sunflower State and am liking Sunny Seeds Home Childcare... but I dislike how long my current name is and this one isn't any better.

My program is transitioning into a more "natural" environment. Our backyard is getting revamped in the next month or so and will be a natural playscape. Our playroom is going to be totally redone, as well.

Any name suggestions?
I love sunny seeds!
Mine is REALLY Long Kaleidoscope Kids Home Learning Center...I call it KKids for short. my website that isnt up yet is kkidslearning.com
craftymissbeth 09:16 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I love sunny seeds!
Mine is REALLY Long Kaleidoscope Kids Home Learning Center...I call it KKids for short. my website that isnt up yet is kkidslearning.com
You definitely have me beat!

Sunny Seeds Childcare? It's a little shorter at least
melilley 09:19 AM 04-04-2014
I like the name you chose!

I also like Sunshine Kids or Sunshine House.
craftymissbeth 09:22 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I like the name you chose!

I also like Sunshine Kids or Sunshine House.
Oh, I like those too!
jenboo 10:02 AM 04-04-2014
You definitely have me beat!

Sunny Seeds Childcare? It's a little shorter at least
Sunny seeds childcare is good too!
I feel like I'm always seeing sunshine used.
CraftyMom 10:07 AM 04-04-2014

That's a good name! That could be your official name and use Sunny Seeds as a shorter version
Starburst 10:21 AM 04-04-2014
Similar sun related names with Daycare/Childcare (or even Preschool/Academy, if you wish) at the end:
Sunflower (though that might be used by a lot of daycare)
Sun Beans (that was the name of the girl scout-esque group from a church we went to as kids)
Sun Beads
Sun Rays (or Little Sun Rays)
Sunshine (though that might be used by a lot of daycare too)
Sunlight
Sunrise
Sunrise to Sunset
(works if you're open from 6 to 6)
Sunny Days
Super Sunny
House of Sunshine
(or House O' Sunshine)
Fun In The Sun (or Fun 'N The Sun)
Suns and Stars (although the sun is technically a star, so it may be a little redundant)
Suns and Moons
Sun and Rain
(since plants need sun and rain to grow; also represents personal growth through the good times and bad times)
Summer Sun
Sunny Summer
Sunnyslope
(that's the name of an elementary school and street in my town)
Sunnyvale
Sunnyview
Sunny Valley
Sun Valley
Sun Grove
Sunny Grove
Sunny Vista
Sunnyhill
(can have a logo of a sun over a green hill)
Sunhill
Sunny Mountain
Soak Up The Sun
Sunfish

Just make sure that any names you pick aren't already registered with your state or too similar to another daycare in your area.
Laurel 10:57 AM 04-04-2014

Any name suggestions?
That's interesting. Mine is Sunflower Home Childcare as my subdivision's name is Sunflower.

Laurel

Edited to add: The cover page of my contract has a whimsical picture of a sunflower and says: Sunflower Home Childcare where children learn and grow (or grow and learn...can't remember)
Tags:business name, daycare name, theme
Reply Up