Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Having A Copy of Your License
Country Kids 03:01 PM 06-25-2018
So just received an email from the licensing dept. As of July 1 all parents need to be provided a copy of our license for the childcare.

We all ready have to have one hanging on our wall-that to me is providing a copy to the parents. Not sure why we need to give them a physical copy to have.

I ask no other profession for a copy of their license.
hwichlaz 06:03 PM 06-25-2018
Grrrrrr

What state?
CalCare 06:48 PM 06-25-2018
That's dumb! The parents who never would have noticed the absence of a posted license will also never notice the absence of being handed one. Only serves to inconvenience the provider just a tiny bit more than they already have been!
284878 10:32 PM 06-25-2018
Interesting, now does your hair dresser (or anyone else that needs to be licensed to provide a service) need to give you a copy of their license? If one business is required to do this than why not all? Or why is child care singled out?

Honestly If I had to do this I would scan it in, shrink it, and attach it as a photo into my hand book or at the bottom of the contract.
DaveA 03:42 AM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
Interesting, now does your hair dresser (or anyone else that needs to be licensed to provide a service) need to give you a copy of their license? If one business is required to do this than why not all? Or why is child care singled out?

Honestly If I had to do this I would scan it in, shrink it, and attach it as a photo into my hand book or at the bottom of the contract.
That was what I was thinking. I'd shrink it to the size of a dime.
Cat Herder 04:47 AM 06-26-2018
I am all for it.

If that becomes the norm, running an illegal childcare will become exceptionally difficult to pull off. Penalties will also become stiffer. The charges would then include fraud because the parent would expect a copy of their license. Fake licenses would bring bigger charges.

We have to give parents a State handbook that summarizes the rules, their rights, responsibilities and gives them all of the contact information they need should things go south. I think that started back in the early 2000's. Our inspections are posted online, too.

One more step to make it harder for others to cheat the system is cool with me.
Tags:illegal daycare, illegal providers, license
Reply Up