Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Turbo Tax
EAP 02:38 PM 03-06-2013
I have used TT for years for our personal taxes but the business version / section (I have personal and business one) is a huge pain in the butt. I am considering just doing my taxes on paper this year, anyone do this?
EAP 04:40 PM 03-06-2013
I see people using Taxact? Is that easier? Or is it all the same? I will spend more time trying to figure it out Friday but it seems like TT makes depreciation hard - I am using Toms guide but the program questions are confusing me.
frugalmama4 07:09 AM 03-07-2013
I did my taxes and my friend "another provider" this year using TT,

Yes it is hard if you don't understand the rules that apply to you "daycare taxes"; but with Toms books and his help "I called/posted questions" you can do it. I found TT to be easier then other software. When it came down to the deprecation section I relied on Tom books and the IRS website...and was able to get it done.

Feel free to pm if you need help with any questions on TT.

P.S. If you decide to go with a tax pro...you still need to understand how what applies to you. My friend paid a "tax pro" last year over $300 and it was all incorrect...the same thing this year she went to a "tax pro" I looked over everything before he could file...and all incorrect...he missed a lot of deductions and claimed things at 100% that should have been t/s%.

Good Luck....pm me if you need too...Tom will become your best friend...he helps a lot.
Lyss 07:59 AM 03-07-2013
Originally Posted by EAP:
I see people using Taxact? Is that easier? Or is it all the same? I will spend more time trying to figure it out Friday but it seems like TT makes depreciation hard - I am using Toms guide but the program questions are confusing me.
I always used TT for personal but really struggled with the daycare taxes. I ended up using TaxAct, it was much easier from me and cheaper too.

I would try out TaxAct (its free to enter all or info) or PM Frugalmom4 as she said

I also have Tom's books and recommend them!
snbauser 08:00 AM 03-07-2013
I have always used H&R Blocks version and it has always been very easy.
Tags:tax return - in house, turbo tax
Reply Up