Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Staph infection question
Unregistered 03:27 PM 06-02-2015
One of my two yearold daycare boys was diagnosed with staph infection on his arm. When should I allow him to return to daycare???
Angelsj 06:06 PM 06-02-2015
That really depends on several criteria. How large is the infection? Is it MRSA or another antibiotic resistant strain? Can it be covered? How is it being treated?
Once you have answers to those questions, you could speak to your doc (or call the nurse line if you have one) and get their advice.
In the end, you have to be confident you can protect the other kids in your care and yourself, so it is really up to you.
DaveA 04:32 AM 06-03-2015
It's not one of the resistant strains and you can keep it covered I would check with you doctor about when it is safe to allow them to return.

If it is MRSA or one of those, they couldn't come back till it was completely done. Those are scary contagious and my wife is nurse, so if one of us were to get it her job could be seriously affected.
kitykids3 04:53 AM 06-03-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
It's not one of the resistant strains and you can keep it covered I would check with you doctor about when it is safe to allow them to return.

If it is MRSA or one of those, they couldn't come back till it was completely done. Those are scary contagious and my wife is nurse, so if one of us were to get it her job could be seriously affected.
This. It would have to be covered and not a resistant strain to even consider coming back.
MRSA or what have you, no way. Not coming back until completely gone. I ended up in the hospital a few years ago from that. I won't allow it in my daycare. Won't even take the chance.
Reply Up