Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
ChelseaB 06:49 AM 06-01-2018
It seems that when it rains, it pours! Already received 3 bits of bad news this morning (hopefully, it’s a case of “bad news comes in 3”, and I don’t receive anymore lol).

1 — I just received the 2 week notice for DCG 1.5. Great family, private pay, and the baby is wonderful. I was her first DC, and now I believe I was merely the back up who had infant space until their preferred DC had s spot for her. Oh well, it happens. Part of the job. DCD was very reassuring that I was amazing and they love it here, they simply desired a different environment (I’m in the city — they are a bit more “organic”, and this new location is on a farm with gardens, animals, etc). I’ll miss her.

2 — Potential enrollee asked me to hold a FT space for this Monday, 2 weeks ago (there was an arrangement where another location in my area is closing today actually, and she listed me as a relocation DC for her clients). I was doing my best to accommodate everyone that I could, and she seemed dedicated to the space. Just received notice this morning that she wished to keep her with her other group of friends, who were all going elsewhere. Luckily, I had someone else needing the spot who will most likely take it.

3 — I watch my nephew based on my brother’s joint custody arrangement (and I would never recommend it — he receives so much special, I’ve had to put him in his place too often yet still get the short end of the deal). I more or less just wanted to help, but it’s turned into a pretty large financial loss since he takes a FT space, and I don’t ask him to pay for the time nephew doesn’t come. Now, his payment for this week will be delayed until next week due to a banking issue. 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️

For my sanity, I hope that’s it today! Blah!
Tags:social media, vent
Up