Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Praying For Those In Isaac's Path!
Country Kids 11:40 AM 08-28-2012
Thinking/praying for you who have been/will be affected by Hurricane Isaac.

May you stay safe during this time-
Sugar Magnolia 09:32 AM 08-29-2012
We made out through ok, hoping NOLA stays safe.
LittleCrawfishCC 02:43 PM 08-29-2012
We need lots of prayers! The eye of the dorm is supposed to hit baton rOuge in a couple of hours! Right at my house
Sunchimes 03:09 PM 08-29-2012
Thinking of you tonight, LittleCrawfish.
Sugar Magnolia 03:10 PM 08-29-2012
Hang on Little Crawfish! Please check in later!
SilverSabre25 04:42 PM 08-29-2012
My sincerest apologies to everyone in Isaac's path. Apparently when my son was born, the hurricane-naming people took note...he sure is a little hurricane. I promise, he's very sweet....I mean, except for the whole "terrorizing the Gulf Coast" thing. But other than that, ya know...he's cute!!!

But trust me, I feel your pain. You should see my house after he's been playing in it all day. Or for ten minutes. It's about as messy, but less wet. Usually. He does like baths, though...

^ The above is in jest, I really am thinking of everyone in the path of this storm!
LittleCrawfishCC 07:26 AM 08-31-2012
Thankfully we made it out okay! We lost about 75% of our fence, lost a lot of shingles, and developed a roof leak! But we made it out good compared to most people in our area! So many houses are flooded! We have a long road ahead of us. We did get electricity back last night, but are still receiving a lot of surges. Unfortunately I have kids here today, when I have so much to do to clean up all this.

I will say some of this, some of my parents tried to force me to watch their kids with no power! I had extension cords everywhere, a generator, and just mess everywhere! The thought some people have amaze me! At least it's a 3 day weekend, unfortunately I won't be able to get in touch with the insurance company because our cell phones and hours phones are out! But at least we have ac!
Country Kids 07:42 AM 08-31-2012
Sorry I would have told parents you were closed today!

I know I wouldn't even be able to be open if we had just gone through something like that and needed to be doing clean up.

I really, really am getting to the point where I can't believe parents. You just went through a hurrican-stay home with your child. Is their work even open?

I'm so glad you made it and our safe! I've been thinking alot about you and so glad you checked in.
Blackcat31 07:58 AM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by LittleCrawfishCC:
Thankfully we made it out okay! We lost about 75% of our fence, lost a lot of shingles, and developed a roof leak! But we made it out good compared to most people in our area! So many houses are flooded! We have a long road ahead of us. We did get electricity back last night, but are still receiving a lot of surges. Unfortunately I have kids here today, when I have so much to do to clean up all this.

I will say some of this, some of my parents tried to force me to watch their kids with no power! I had extension cords everywhere, a generator, and just mess everywhere! The thought some people have amaze me! At least it's a 3 day weekend, unfortunately I won't be able to get in touch with the insurance company because our cell phones and hours phones are out! But at least we have ac!
So happy to hear you are ok! You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts until you are back at 100%!

Hang in there and if there is anything I can send your way....don't hesititate to ask! I don't know what...but if there is even a tiny thing I could do, please let me know....
daycare 08:48 AM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by LittleCrawfishCC:

hugs to you...I am happy to hear that you are well and that you did not suffer too much damage.

REALLY, I cant believe that people wanted you to watch kids with the conditions of your place.

Do you have in your PHB anything about this type of stuff?
LittleCrawfishCC 09:56 AM 08-31-2012
No I don't have anything in my handbook I figured it was commen sense! I have 4 of my kids today and only 1 parent is working! I've had a lot on my plate with the parents, and it's pushing me to close and get a outside job! So much less to deal with! Thank you everyone for your hours and prayers! I do need a cheap fencer personlol, can you send one my way? Hehe
Sugar Magnolia 10:22 AM 08-31-2012
Crawfish! I was so worried when I saw pics from LA! Thank goodness you are not in Plaquimines (sp?) Parish!
UNREAL the parents expected you to open with no power!! Heck, I closed Monday for Isaac and we wound up getting very little rain, just some wind and minor storm surge. My policy is "If Public Schools are closed, so are we."
So glad you are safe! Phew! Child Cares of the Gulf Coast UNITE!
Sugar Magnolia 10:24 AM 08-31-2012
Oh and......SURFS UP! WHOO HOOO! We are still under high surf advisory, which I will likely ignore tomorrow.
Reply Up