Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Vehicle Expense question for Tom Copeland
frugalmama4 02:18 PM 02-18-2013
Hello,

I have two vehicles one is used 100% for daycare e.g. (trips to the store, bank, deposits, training's...never ever used for my families personal use); however I don't offer transportation for my daycare clients.

My question-

How and/or can I write of all expenses for this auto at a %100?

Thanks Tom!
TomCopeland 03:27 PM 02-18-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Hello,

I have two vehicles one is used 100% for daycare e.g. (trips to the store, bank, deposits, training's...never ever used for my families personal use); however I don't offer transportation for my daycare clients.

My question-

How and/or can I write of all expenses for this auto at a %100?

Thanks Tom!
You need to keep records that show you used these vehicles 100% for your business. This means records showing each trip you made and the miles it represented. Then, like anyone else using a vehicle for their business, you can use either the standard mileage rate or the actual expenses method for claiming vehicle expenses.
frugalmama4 04:15 PM 02-18-2013
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You need to keep records that show you used these vehicles 100% for your business. This means records showing each trip you made and the miles it represented. Then, like anyone else using a vehicle for their business, you can use either the standard mileage rate or the actual expenses method for claiming vehicle expenses.

One last thing,

I'm claiming the actual expense method...so would all expenses for this vehicle be deducted at a 100% (gas, insurance, repairs etc.) this is a new auto purchase in 2012.

Deprecation-since the auto is used a 100% for business would I be entitled to deducted the entire purchase price ($30,000) or will it still be limited to the limitation amount ($11,160)?

I'm trying to see over all for my "business and family" if its worth having a second auto with a monthly note. Thanks!
Tags:vehicle costs, vehicle expense
Reply Up