Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>neighbors dog update again
daycare 08:26 PM 08-21-2014
So the neighbors got their dog back. I am not too sure when, as I have not seen it since it got taken in a few weeks back.

Well guess what.........................................................................................

The dog got out and the dog owners son accidentally hit it. The dog did not make it......

This all happened about 2 hours ago. The worst part about it is that my daughter so the whole thing happen. She was out front with a few friend dying colored shirts for a school dance......

I feel so sad....................poor dog.............
TheGoodLife 08:46 PM 08-21-2014
So sad at least you know you did what you could. Hope your daughter is OK.
NightOwl 11:18 PM 08-21-2014
You did what you could. And even went above and beyond. You knew it was gonna happen. Poor puppy.
MotherNature 06:28 AM 08-22-2014
What's really sad is next week, they'll just have a new one they got from CL.
Shell 07:22 AM 08-22-2014
You know, this is really infuriating. These people are irresponsible and should not be pet owners. Terrible and sad for that poor animal that never stood a chance with these owners
daycare 07:36 AM 08-22-2014
OMG even worse....so my husband did not get home until about midnight last night.

I say to him about the dog. He says, wow, but not shocked.

So shortly after my husband getting home he takes down the trashcans to the curb and guess what is there...

THE DOG...............THEY DIDNT EVEN PICK IT UP.

My husband put it in a box and left it on their door step.
NightOwl 07:42 AM 08-22-2014
Exactly this ^^^^. When you adopt a pet, you are responsible for their care, well being and safety. They are not toys. They are not entertainment for children. They are family members. Or at least they should be.

My dog came down with parvo early last year and was at death's door. The vet told me it was parvo and asked very casually, what are we doing for this girl? Putting her down or treating? I was like, TREATING!! He knew he could save her but still threw euthanasia on the table FIRST. I suppose because the majority opt for that in lieu of paying for treatment. I know it's expensive, but when a family member is ill, I don't whip out the calculator before deciding if their life is worth that much. I FIND the money.

When our fence couldn't contain her and then she was hit by a car and was rounding up the neighbor's horses into a corner of their pasture (the Australian Shepard in her), I bought an invisible fence for her to keep her safe and to keep my neighbors happy.

I did these things because I signed on to be her surrogate mom. She's my responsibility. Sorry for the rant. Irresponsible pet owners are huge pet peeves for me. Don't even get me started on people who buy pink and blue dyed chicks for their kids at Easter.
NightOwl 07:43 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
omg even worse....so my husband did not get home until about midnight last night.

I say to him about the dog. He says, wow, but not shocked.

So shortly after my husband getting home he takes down the trashcans to the curb and guess what is there...

The dog...............they didnt even pick it up.

My husband put it in a box and left it on their door step.
o....m.....g.......
BrooklynM 07:51 AM 08-22-2014
That poor dog. I can't believe how horrible people are! When I was a kid I grew up in an abusive home, I was an only child and after becoming an adult I ended up going through therapy and my doctor asked me- how did you cope when nobody was there for you? I said, my dog was always with me. I had her from when I was 5 until I was 20. She would sleep with me, I would talk to her, she was all I had. She was the best dog in the whole world! I found her on the side of the road and she was so sick. My parents were very poor and didn't want to really take on the responsibility of the dog but I begged him and nursed him back to help by sharing my food with her.

R.I.P. Lady...

Now I have Molly...she isn't Lady, she has more personality but she is also a rescue, but I always say, I didn't rescue her, she rescued me....
daycare 07:55 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
That poor dog. I can't believe how horrible people are! When I was a kid I grew up in an abusive home, I was an only child and after becoming an adult I ended up going through therapy and my doctor asked me- how did you cope when nobody was there for you? I said, my dog was always with me. I had her from when I was 5 until I was 20. She would sleep with me, I would talk to her, she was all I had. She was the best dog in the whole world! I found her on the side of the road and she was so sick. My parents were very poor and didn't want to really take on the responsibility of the dog but I begged him and nursed him back to help by sharing my food with her.

R.I.P. Lady...

Now I have Molly...she isn't Lady, she has more personality but she is also a rescue, but I always say, I didn't rescue her, she rescued me....
this made me cry................what a great story.......

I wonder if the neighbors will know it was my husband who put the dog in a box and left it at their door step. I know they have to have seen it, they have kids that are in school too and school has already started...
Reply Up