Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween for Under 2
MomBoss 06:54 AM 10-24-2018
I need ideas for a Halloween party, crafts, and games. All my kids are 2 and under. I am drawing a blank with what to do with them. Their fine motor skills are poor so finding projects that wont require me to do most of the work is hard!
Thanks!
Cat Herder 07:32 AM 10-24-2018
Foam crafts, sticker scenes, finger paint templates, cotton ball ghosts and magic scratch paper come to mind.
Unregistered 07:49 AM 10-24-2018
All of mine are under 3, so I usually end up doing most of the crafts!

But, we did make candy corn from shredded pieces of construction paper. I cut out paper in the shape of a candy corn, the kids helped rip up white, orange, and yellow construction paper, then we glued them on!
Yesterday we made handprint spiders. I do most of the work for a craft like that, but I think the parents will enjoy it!
LittleExplorers 09:41 AM 10-24-2018
We paint on pumpkins. For infants that can sit, they get a pumpkin in a gallon Ziploc in the highchair with paint inside to squish. Other than a family Christmas gift, I do not do crafts for kids. I will cut pieces and put glue on things like spider legs when making a spider, but they place them. I find my parents are more excited about what their kids can do vs me doing it for them.
Josiegirl 09:50 AM 10-24-2018
I cut white posterboard into a rectangle shape, let them paint with their hands using orange and black paint. The 2 yo helped me glue on orange and black streamers while I did the 17 mo. for him. Then I stapled them into tube shape, we strung black ribbon through the top and they're cute windsocks which we have hung up in the house at the moment. I also printed out pumpkin pictures and they used balls, rolled back and forth through orange paint, in a box with high sides.
I'm not going to make a big deal out of a party, just wait for the 2 dcks to arrive after school, sugar 'em up to send 'em home. Take that parents. Lol One thing I will do with the 2 littles is probably find another activity to do on that day, plus take all my little ghost and bat cut-outs, place them in a small blanket, then we count 1 2 3 whee! Throw them all into the air. Little ones love that and they could do it all day long. Maybe play a hide-the-pumpkin game, carve a pumpkin together, might hang donuts on a string when the 2 after school arrive. I might buy a few smaller pumpkins and let them paint them.
Josiegirl 09:51 AM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
We paint on pumpkins. For infants that can sit, they get a pumpkin in a gallon Ziploc in the highchair with paint inside to squish. Other than a family Christmas gift, I do not do crafts for kids. I will cut pieces and put glue on things like spider legs when making a spider, but they place them. I find my parents are more excited about what their kids can do vs me doing it for them.
Oh I love the idea of a pumpkin in a ziploc bag!
Bluemoon5 10:43 AM 10-24-2018
With my ones we usually do "stick the nose on the jack-o'-lantern" I cut out a pumpkin shape, glue on eyes and a mouth, then give the kids yellow triangles to stick on with tape.
We'll also do some kind of special sensory activity.

Most of the art we do is pretty abstract; finger painting, gluing toilet paper to construction paper to make mummies, shake paint spider webs. This year we did do "Thumbkin Patches", stamping their fingers and drawing in details. They came out really cute.
Ariana 10:47 AM 10-24-2018
I have done white chalk drawing on black paper before...gives a spooky feel and we call them ghosts. I also have done orange painting and then I just cut the painting in the shape of a pumpkin.
storybookending 08:39 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
I have never thought about putting the pumpkin inside a bag. We have painted pumpkins every year I’ve been in operation. I haven’t bought the pumpkins yet for this year bc I wasn’t sure about my 1 year old. I’ve had children as young as him in the past at least be able to paint a little on the pumpkin but the brush goes straight to his mouth every time that I’ve been putting off this particular craft.
LittleExplorers 06:00 AM 10-25-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I have never thought about putting the pumpkin inside a bag.
They love it! I put a cardstock ornament in the bag or a plastic one depending on the Christmas project too. If cardstock, just use less paint. I usually double bag just in case.
Tags:halloween, halloween - 2 year olds
Reply Up