Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:06 AM
Lover of all things B&W

Default Interviews During Covid

I look and didn't see anything addressing this (but I could be wrong :P)

I have been "closed" (I only had one kid) due to some medical issues, for the last year or so, but am starting preschool back up in August. I'm curious how you are doing interviews right now. I am high risk, but am not really freaking out about things, just being cautious. Do you allow parents in your home for interviews right now?
Old 07-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I did an interview last week. I have also been open the entire time, though. I took everyone's temps before entry and had them take the paperwork home to complete and return. I am not high-risk, though.

Maybe you could just require the adults to wear masks and not allow their children to touch anything other than one or two items that you have them drop in a bin for disinfecting?

At least until you know for sure you will be enrolling?
Old 07-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm still closed but am looking to reopen at the end of the month. I just interviewed a couple with a 9mo old. We all wore masks and sat out on my patio to talk. I let them take a quick look into the day care room and kitchen/dining area so they could see that my home is clean and the playroom has plenty of room and toys to play with for the kids. They seemed to understand and appreciate the precautions I took and told me they were interested in enrolling with me so it worked out well.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:35 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Iím not looking to fill openings right now. If/ when I do Iíll probably do something similar to what e.j. did.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

Right now my family stays outside when they visit.I would not interview inside.I would meet the parents outside staying socially distant.Maybe do a video slide show of DC space.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

I closed since March and reopened yesterday. Unlike before I do not let parents and nonessential visitors past the porch so they no longer enter our program.
I do FaceTime interviews and tours with prospective parent and child, and FaceTime again just before they start with us. They see me, I see them and their child etc. It's actually been nice seeing families in their home setting instead of mine.
Parents have been working from home and have become used to video chats/calls so they seem to be ok with virtual tours plus they appreciate the extra level of precaution taken.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:55 PM
Day Care Owner

There is another provider on here that created a virtual tour. She posted a link about a month ago.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:27 PM
Lover of all things B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.j. View Post
We all wore masks and sat out on my patio to talk.
I was thinking an outside interview would be great, but I am unable to wear a mask for more than a few minutes at a time, as I have some breathing issues. I do have a face shield that I use for teaching Sunday School, they can see my face and it is decorated "kid friendly" :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Maybe you could just require the adults to wear masks and not allow their children to touch anything other than one or two items that you have them drop in a bin for disinfecting?
I only ever have 1-2 toys out for interviews. Lot less to clean up and is healthier even during "normal" times. Usually something like a bead maze and a few puzzles... but those may not be easy to disinfect this time around..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores View Post
Unlike before I do not let parents and nonessential visitors past the porch so they no longer enter our program.
I adapted a "no entry" policy before covid hit, so parents always dropped off at the front door and I didn't have to deal with them being nosy or asking to use the bathroom :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by 284878 View Post
There is another provider on here that created a virtual tour. She posted a link about a month ago.
That's a great idea. I don't even have current pictures of my area since we moved... guess I better get to it!
Old 07-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21 View Post
I was thinking an outside interview would be great, but I am unable to wear a mask for more than a few minutes at a time, as I have some breathing issues. I do have a face shield that I use for teaching Sunday School, they can see my face and it is decorated "kid friendly" :P
I would think the face shield or even going without a mask if you're outside and can sit 6' away from the parents would work fine. I do like the virtual tour idea, though, too!

Tags
covid-19 - procedures