Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Default COVID Illness Exclusion

Iím trying to prepare for situations that come up regarding illness. Is anyone excluding a child from care due to someone in the family being sick like a parent or sibling?
Old 07-17-2020, 10:53 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Yes. We are required to follow CDC guidance.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...r-schools.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...childcare.html
Old 07-17-2020, 12:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

Another "yes". In my state, we're required to exclude a child under those circumstances.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

What if a childís family member has symptoms of illness that arenít necessarily considered a COVID symptom like nasal congestion, should child be excluded from care? And for how long? Iím thinking I would rather be safe than sorry but wondering how parents will take it if I exclude for everything.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What if a childís family member has symptoms of illness that arenít necessarily considered a COVID symptom like nasal congestion, should child be excluded from care? And for how long? Iím thinking I would rather be safe than sorry but wondering how parents will take it if I exclude for everything.
It is my understanding that congestion is considered a possible covid symptom:

"People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported Ė ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.../symptoms.html
Old 07-24-2020, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

Thank you!
Old 07-29-2020, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

How long do you exclude for? I think the cdc said 10 days?
Old 08-02-2020, 06:12 PM
New Daycare.com Member

For Covid or expected exposure of a family member in the DC child's home I was told by the Health Dept in Maryland that the child's quarantine/isolation period doesn't start until the parents or household member of the child has been cleared from isolation first. Then the child's quarantine begins. Also if a negative test would come back that would release the child to come back to DC. But in general for positive exposure the child could be out for 20 to 28 days if isolation is now 10-14 days the way I understood it. We were also told to always contact our Health Department first and then licensing for guidance.
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimel61 View Post
For Covid or expected exposure of a family member in the DC child's home I was told by the Health Dept in Maryland that the child's quarantine/isolation period doesn't start until the parents or household member of the child has been cleared from isolation first. Then the child's quarantine begins. Also if a negative test would come back that would release the child to come back to DC. But in general for positive exposure the child could be out for 20 to 28 days if isolation is now 10-14 days the way I understood it. We were also told to always contact our Health Department first and then licensing for guidance.
Yep. This is what the CDC is advising too

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

Tags
covid-19 - policy, covid-19 and daycare, exclusion policy