Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easter Monday??
Luvnmykidz 06:44 AM 03-08-2018
Is anyone closing for the Monday after Easter? I’m just curious as to how many providers actually take that day as well as other Mondays or Fridays if the holiday falls on a weekend.
storybookending 06:49 AM 03-08-2018
I don’t as Easter is always on Sunday no matter the year and the local school district goes back on Monday after Easter anyways.
Cat Herder 07:46 AM 03-08-2018
I used to close unpaid as a travel day when I took my kids out of town to celebrate. Now that they are adults I stay open, it is not a federal holiday.

https://www.federalpay.org/holidays
Baby Beluga 07:46 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I don’t as Easter is always on Sunday no matter the year and the local school district goes back on Monday after Easter anyways.
Doesn't Easter always fall on a Sunday?

I take Good Friday off, but not Easter Monday.
Unregistered 07:55 AM 03-08-2018
I take Good Friday and Easter Monday. I have for years. We usually need it for a travel day. If not, I just enjoy it.
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I used to close unpaid as a travel day when I took my kids out of town to celebrate. Now that they are adults I stay open, it is not a federal holiday.
  • 2018 New Year's Day Monday, January 1st
  • 2018 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Monday, January 15th
  • 2018 Washington's Birthday (President's Day) Monday, February 19th
  • 2018 Memorial Day Monday, May 28th
  • 2018 Independence Day Wednesday, July 4th
  • 2018 Labor Day Monday, September 3rd
  • 2018 Columbus Day Monday, October 8th
  • 2018 Veterans Day Monday, November 12th *
  • 2018 Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 22nd
  • 2018 Christmas Day Tuesday, December 25th

What she said ^^
storybookending 08:23 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Doesn't Easter always fall on a Sunday?

I take Good Friday off, but not Easter Monday.
Yeah that’s why I said I don’t take off any other days. Since it’s always on Sunday and I don’t do weekend care I am always off. It is not one of my listed paid holidays as it would never be on a business day. I do not take off Good Friday or Easter Monday to “make up for it” as my local school district always holds classes both of those days anyways.
Country Kids 09:19 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
  • 2018 New Year's Day Monday, January 1st
  • 2018 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Monday, January 15th
  • 2018 Washington's Birthday (President's Day) Monday, February 19th
  • 2018 Memorial Day Monday, May 28th
  • 2018 Independence Day Wednesday, July 4th
  • 2018 Labor Day Monday, September 3rd
  • 2018 Columbus Day Monday, October 8th
  • 2018 Veterans Day Monday, November 12th *
  • 2018 Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 22nd
  • 2018 Christmas Day Tuesday, December 25th

It always boggles my mind that with the federal holidays (I take all of them) that is two weeks off I get every year.

Then I take 5 sick/personal days and one week vacation.

Why, why then does it feel like I get no time off when in reality that is the total of a month!!!!
Unregistered 09:38 AM 03-08-2018
If a holiday falls on a Saturday we get Friday befor off if a holiday falls on a sunday we get Monday after off.
amberrose3dg 09:40 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Is anyone closing for the Monday after Easter? I’m just curious as to how many providers actually take that day as well as other Mondays or Fridays if the holiday falls on a weekend.
I take my holidays as floater days if they fall over the weekend. I am not closed for Easter but closed that week for Spring break and the first vacation week. I take two weeks off a year.
Cat Herder 09:41 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Why, why then does it feel like I get no time off when in reality that is the total of a month!!!!
Hallmark Holiday stress.
Jupadia 09:59 AM 03-08-2018
I do take it off thou it's not a stat holiday. I don't take much time off threw the year and added both Easter Monday and Civic Day (first Monday in aug). It gives me an extra long weekend between family day (febuary) and may long. My parents know when they sign the contract.
My husband dose work Easter Monday but schools are closed so I spend the day with my kids.
BrynleeJean 10:24 AM 03-08-2018
I didnt the first year and regretted it, as well as good friday because i ended up watching like two/seven families. one that was working sales, and one that just thought it would be nice to have a no kids day because the daycare is open and they are off work!
so yes i do, i don't mark easter monday as a paid holiday though its a paid vacation day for me, but good friday i do paid holiday. i take those long weekends when i can and notice most families go out of town to take advantage and go with me family as well so its like in sync with them.
e.j. 02:00 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Are you doing day care related things when you have time off? I'm usually doing something related like curriculum planning, paperwork, taxes, cleaning the day care room, laundering blankets and sheets, preparing photo albums for when they go off to school, taking online classes, etc.

And no, I don't take the Monday after Easter off.
CityGarden 02:11 PM 03-08-2018
We follow the local school district calendar and am off the entire week following Easter for Spring Break.

I have a carpet clean scheduled, a major spring cleaning crew coming in and several projects to do for the program so maybe 1/2 the time will I actually be "off".....
hwichlaz 02:55 PM 03-08-2018
Nope. Easter Monday isn’t a holiday. Most years spring break doesn’t coincide with Easter so my kids would have to be in school anyway.
Tags:closed for the holidays, easter
Reply Up