Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Due For This Week
Unregistered 12:14 PM 01-30-2012
This is athomemommy- having trouble logging in

Okay here's a little background. The dcg's started in April they are family. Their dad died and someone was paying for their care and their mom was paying for the other half. They paid once a month. All was good.
Well tax time and I am calculating money in. DH and I looked at each other in shock. How could we have forgotten to collect that extra week. You know some are 4 weeks and some 5. Well I only collected for 4 weeks. We are going to let that slide.

So, I have since wrote down on the receipt when care is good till.
She should have paid Friday for this week. But didn't and didn't say anything this morning. So now I am stuck.
How do I say it. It is written in the contract and policy she has signed, when I gave her the receipt it said when it was good till.

How do I bring it up?
wdmmom 12:33 PM 01-30-2012
If you didn't collect a week during this past year, don't go looking for it now. That's on you.

If she owed you payment last Friday and hasn't coughed it up yet and doesn't at pick up today, tell her...No pay, no stay starting tomorrow and that you will be imposing the late fees.
MyAngels 12:38 PM 01-30-2012
You are saying when they paid you for January, they paid for 4 weeks, which would pay them through last Friday?

If that's the case, just say, "Hey Joan, I'm not sure if you noticed, but your four week payment for January paid you up through the 27th, so payment is due today for further care. Thanks "

That's what I would do, anyway.
MarinaVanessa 01:31 PM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
You are saying when they paid you for January, they paid for 4 weeks, which would pay them through last Friday?

If that's the case, just say, "Hey Joan, I'm not sure if you noticed, but your four week payment for January paid you up through the 27th, so payment is due today for further care. Thanks "

That's what I would do, anyway.
Yep, me too.

I'm curious to know if she's paid for other months in full that had 5 weeks in it before, or if the first time that you forgot to charge her (and are going to let slide) was the first month that she was your client that had had 5 weeks in it and now this is the second month with 5 weeks in it. And I'm curious what your contract says about her paying you "monthly". One reason that I don't call it "paying monthly" when a client pays a month in at a time is because I fear they could interpret that they pay the amount and that it covers the whole month regardless of how many days are in it. Maybe you client thinks this also?

OR ... maybe she thinks that because you let it slide once that you're going to let this time slide too?

I'm reading your OP correct right? This month counts as 2 months with 5 weeks that she is "behind"? She paid for 4 weeks in a 5 week month once before but you didn't catch it and you're letting it slide and now this is the second month with 5 weeks and even though you wrote on the receipt when the payment covers until she still didn't pay you this AM for this week?

Maybe she forgot? I'd bring it up.
Mary Poppins 02:47 PM 01-30-2012
I allow weekly, biweekly or monthly payments. If they choose to pay monthly, then I calculate it at one week's rate x 4.33 and they have to commit to paying monthly for the duration otherwise it gets complicated. From now on, maybe you can do this and explain to her why it's necessary?
Tags:payment - due
Reply Up