Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Accidents-My Child
Pepperth 10:29 AM 03-20-2018
OF course its my kid. I'm a 3 and up daycare located in a private school. My son was barely potty trained when we both started, but he has been trained for months now. Recently, I changed the daycare schedule so that the daycare kids could join the preschool classes in an extra outdoor recess after lunch. (Prior to that we had a slightly earlier naptime.
Now that the weather is getting nicer, I wanted them to have the chance for more outside play.)

Its been great for the most part. The kids really enjoy it. One of my daycare helpers is one of the recess monitors, so this give me an actual lunch break as an added bonus. The problem is that my son has come in with a number #2 accident for 4 of the last 6 days now. Our routine is this: we go potty, wash hands, put on snow gear, have lunch and go outside for 30 minutes. (The whole school does it this way.) I'm thinking if my son does this again, I'll take him to the potty again after lunch, then have him suit up and go. He'll miss quite a bit of the recess, which I'm hoping will motivate him.

The only other idea I have is that since daylight savings time started, my son is sleeping in more. He used to get up before I left for work, and I'd have him sit on the potty for a while in the morning. Now he wakes up after I leave for work and his whole routine is off. I guess my other option is to start waking him in the mornings before I go to see if I can get him back into his old morning routine.

Any ideas/tips? Thanks!!
Tags:outdoor activities, potty trained - not, providers own child
Up