Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
wahmof3 09:14 AM 10-03-2012
and just when my week couldn't get any worse.........

a DCF I have been holding a spot for just called and doesn't want to bring DCK now bc I will be at my max and they found someone who only wants to watch "1" kid.

DCK was supposed to start in a month. This is a family I know personally and I didn't charge a holding fee/deposit.

Its people like this that is going to turn me bitter.

I am hurt and ticked at the same time

I am so ready to close my business.........
SilverSabre25 07:12 AM 10-04-2012
Sent one child, (happened to be my DD) to a time out.

The other two dcks followed her and sat down in time out too, crying like I had told them to go to time out (and I most certainly did not...since they do not share DD's name!). I asked them what they were doing and they both said, "I don't know. I didn't do anything!"

I did NOT say your name, you do NOT need a time out!!!!

O. M. G.

I am really touchy and hormonal today, admittedly, but this made me really cranky. I mean seriously...WHY children? What possesses you to just blindly follow the others?

I told them to go play. One of them cried. I lost my temper and yelled...time to regroup and get back to pleasantry but really...I'm still irked and confused...WHY do they follow each other so blindly? The one in particular...she doesn't think for herself much at all.
daycarediva 11:30 AM 10-04-2012
I'm telling you, I had one FANTASTIC day with the littles, but my per diem girl was WAY off schedule and her Mom showed up DURING NAP to pick her up AND a Dad showed up with DCG on PICTURE DAY with some bed head and TOLD me to fix it.

If I could just pass the kid back and forth, I would be SO HAPPY some days!
saved4always 02:22 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
GOD I hope I am just premenstrual and just being sensitive to things, because so help me, if this is how this place is going to be, I can't do it. These kids are driving me completely crazy! They do not listen to anything I say! I tell them to clean (and they know how, they used to clean up awesome!), and they just ignore me. I have taken away over half of the toys because they refused to clean. They don't care. Soon they will have NOTHING to play with! It is ridiculous! I don't know what to do. And that is just ONE of the issues. I have no energy to do the projects that I had planned because they are so tiring and just don't deserve to do anything fun. Ugh. Maybe it is just end of summer blues? Good lord, I hope it improves soon!
OMG! Me, too! Today I had close to a stand off with an almost 3 yo over where she wanted to stand in line. She finally did what I needed her to do but it was painful. And getting them to clean up is like pulling teeth! I had that same problem today. Until they realized I meant business, they were happy to let me clean up everything. Until they realized if they didn't help, I was going to "close" the toys for the rest of the day so that I would not have to pick them up again. And then, just obeying rules to keep them safe! Does anyone else have a hard time feeling compassion for a boo caused by blatant disobedience?! These kids are so strong willed! It has been a bad day, can you tell?!
mema 11:20 AM 10-08-2012
Taking on 2 infants may not be the best thing for me. Just when I had the 1st one on a schedule and actually sleeping, #2 comes and dcm didn't listen to a thing I asked to make the transition easier. I know maternity leave is great for snuggles and running around, but at some point baby cannot just sleep on you or in a car seat. That is the only 2 places baby slept-all 3 months. Never been in a crib or pnp. Needless to say, baby has only slept for about 30 minutes since 5am (and 10 of that was the ride over) and is completely over tired. Rocking, bouncing, music, nothing. And 1st babe thinks it's playtime since babe 2 is up. Happy Monday! Baby #2's mom and I will have to have another chat tonight I guess about sleeping only in a car seat-not cool, not safe.
phoenix 07:13 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
Taking on 2 infants may not be the best thing for me. Just when I had the 1st one on a schedule and actually sleeping, #2 comes and dcm didn't listen to a thing I asked to make the transition easier. I know maternity leave is great for snuggles and running around, but at some point baby cannot just sleep on you or in a car seat. That is the only 2 places baby slept-all 3 months. Never been in a crib or pnp. Needless to say, baby has only slept for about 30 minutes since 5am (and 10 of that was the ride over) and is completely over tired. Rocking, bouncing, music, nothing. And 1st babe thinks it's playtime since babe 2 is up. Happy Monday! Baby #2's mom and I will have to have another chat tonight I guess about sleeping only in a car seat-not cool, not safe.

Have you ever read the book On Becoming Babywise? It has wonderful advice on how to get an infant onto a schedule and getting them to learn how to sleep on their own. I used it with my own children and I practice it in my daycare. Even if the parents dont follow it strictly at home, the babies seem to love the structure. I am often amazed at what the kids will do while in my care that they won't do at home. Good luck! Babies who can't sleep well are so stressful.
daycarediva 09:29 AM 10-10-2012
35* and dcg came in shorts, tshirt and flip flops. Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!

DCM of other DCG repeatedly takes time off of work for stupid things. DCG is 2. If she is still sleeping at 8 when she leaves for work, she will call and let them know she will be late (as opposed to actually waking up dcg and getting her moving on time, etc) She took 3 days off when dcg got an ear infection despite the fact that on day 2 Dad was home and day 3 she could have been with me. Well, she is getting fired.
Sugar Magnolia 10:08 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
35* and dcg came in shorts, tshirt and flip flops. Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!

DCM of other DCG repeatedly takes time off of work for stupid things. DCG is 2. If she is still sleeping at 8 when she leaves for work, she will call and let them know she will be late (as opposed to actually waking up dcg and getting her moving on time, etc) She took 3 days off when dcg got an ear infection despite the fact that on day 2 Dad was home and day 3 she could have been with me. Well, she is getting fired.
I will take your kid in shorts, it's 82 here. You can have mine that came in heavy jeans and thermal long sleeved shirt that is complaining he is hot.
providerandmomof4 01:23 PM 10-10-2012
I'm so mad at myself for agreeing to keep 3 sac (3 of the same group that I had such a rough summer with!) on school out days....Why...did...I...do ....that!? I'm absolutely dreading it. Sac are out Thurs and Fri this week. She paid me in advance for 9 school out days and I really needed the money at the time. I wasn't even considering that I would fill my sac slots with toddlers and not have room for her kids....never again. (i mean after the 9 inservice days-lol!)
Lyss 03:03 PM 10-10-2012
I've got a DCM that does this too! I literally expect her to be fired any day! She got a new schedule (4days a week) and now 2 1/2 months later she still has not worked a full week (4days), she calls in or leaves work early at least once a week! Plus at her work you can call in 2 consecutive days in a row but it only counts as 1 absence, so if she calls in Thursday I know DCB isn't coming friday! The worst part for me (besides the fact that she's gonna get fired and I'll have a spot to fill) is that DCB is my earliest arrival at 6:15am, no one else shows up for 2.5 hours, and mom ALWAYS waits til the last second to text me. Yesterday she called in and text me 10 mins before they were supposed to show up and she knew the day before she was going to call in! It's really hard for me to get back to sleep after i've showered and had coffee in prepartion for them!
queenbee 12:59 PM 10-11-2012
My daycare doors close at 9am each morning. I do not allow parents to drop off anytime after that for any reason.

DCD tried dropping sibling pair off last week after 9am. We were out on a walk by 9am sharp and when DCD text and said they were "here", I text and said we don't allow drop-offs after 9am and we will see them tomorrow.

This morning we needed to leave at exactly 9am to be on time for our zoo tour and field trip. I was feeling nice and text both DCM & DCD at 8:45 and said we are leaving for our trip at 9am and J & J need to be here before that to be eligible for care.

No response. 9:20am I get a text from DCM asking if she could meet us at the zoo. She cannot afford to miss work today. We were in the middle of a presentation and I was unable to text back until almost 10am. By then, she had text twice more. "Did you get my text?" And "Hello?"

I never text back. As soon as my little ones went down for nap I called her. She didn't answer. Called again. No answer. I go on Facebook to upload photos of our trip and I see a post from DCM on her page. "My babysitter ditched my kids today. Guess its time for McDonalds and some fun at the park!"

I'll give you one guess on who received a termination letter by email and by text message Effective immediately.

Disrespect is the one thing I absolutely do not appreciate. At all. "Babysitter" was just cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake.

The post had also been deleted. But I took a picture of it on the phone and sent it with the termination email in case she got brave

Only downside is I'll miss the kids
daycarediva 01:46 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I've got a DCM that does this too! I literally expect her to be fired any day! She got a new schedule (4days a week) and now 2 1/2 months later she still has not worked a full week (4days), she calls in or leaves work early at least once a week! Plus at her work you can call in 2 consecutive days in a row but it only counts as 1 absence, so if she calls in Thursday I know DCB isn't coming friday! The worst part for me (besides the fact that she's gonna get fired and I'll have a spot to fill) is that DCB is my earliest arrival at 6:15am, no one else shows up for 2.5 hours, and mom ALWAYS waits til the last second to text me. Yesterday she called in and text me 10 mins before they were supposed to show up and she knew the day before she was going to call in! It's really hard for me to get back to sleep after i've showered and had coffee in prepartion for them!
Oh heck no!!! This Mom was fired and is trying to do 'everything possible' to leave dd with me. I have NO CLUE how she is going to manage that, but we will see. I put an ad up for the spot. *sigh*
daycarediva 01:47 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by queenbee:
my daycare doors close at 9am each morning. I do not allow parents to drop off anytime after that for any reason.

Dcd tried dropping sibling pair off last week after 9am. We were out on a walk by 9am sharp and when dcd text and said they were "here", i text and said we don't allow drop-offs after 9am and we will see them tomorrow.

This morning we needed to leave at exactly 9am to be on time for our zoo tour and field trip. I was feeling nice and text both dcm & dcd at 8:45 and said we are leaving for our trip at 9am and j & j need to be here before that to be eligible for care.

No response. 9:20am i get a text from dcm asking if she could meet us at the zoo. She cannot afford to miss work today. We were in the middle of a presentation and i was unable to text back until almost 10am. By then, she had text twice more. "did you get my text?" and "hello?"

i never text back. As soon as my little ones went down for nap i called her. She didn't answer. Called again. No answer. I go on facebook to upload photos of our trip and i see a post from dcm on her page. "my babysitter ditched my kids today. Guess its time for mcdonalds and some fun at the park!"

I'll give you one guess on who received a termination letter by email and by text message Effective immediately.

Disrespect is the one thing i absolutely do not appreciate. At all. "babysitter" was just cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake.

The post had also been deleted. But i took a picture of it on the phone and sent it with the termination email in case she got brave

only downside is i'll miss the kids
awesome for you!!! Way to go!!! That is beyond disrespectful!
mema 03:39 PM 10-11-2012
OMG! Do you ever doubt what you do? It has been one of those months where anything that can go wrong does. Seriously, if one more thing happens that shouldn't, I am going to have to quit doing this. My heart can't take anymore heart attacks.
providerandmomof4 04:54 PM 10-11-2012
Every time I feel like we are going to be okay financially, my parents are good, I have just the right amount of kids......I have one parent flake out. Today, dcm says that she won't be able to pay me for the upcoming week because she has financial problems right now. Then just stood there looking at me.
No, I will not let you pay me at the end of the week, I explained this in depth at interview. She leaves crying and saying she doesn't know what she'll do, she has to have dc.
I say, well...I hope you figure things out. I am not going against policy, and certainly not after three weeks. And two of those weeks, I had to ask for payment!!!
barneyisNOTmyfriend 12:58 PM 10-12-2012
seems that i have been looking for someplace to go to vent for a while. guess this is it huh...
well...where do i start? been doing daycare for what seems like forever. 5 yrs in an established " commercial" daycare center and 10 yrs here at the in-home daycare, so 15 yrs total. its been interesting. esp these last few days. i have been contemplating if its really worth it all. been n wondering WHY on earth parents are the way they are: lax and way too passive about the behavior of their child. having to deal with each and every one of these kids screaming and hitting. running on a constant basis. disrespectful and plain old naughty. its as if they are let to run wild and crazy when they are not here, and just bring that with them when they are. these parents have no stinkin clue. if they did, they would have boundries and be slightly more civilized children. "only child syndrome", "youngest child syndrome" , "im just a spoiled bratty pants syndrome".....whatever you call it. its soooooo bad with this group of kids we have. bad enough to make me want to quit. made me cry yesterday, and i usually hold it all together well. at least until i get home that is. all this behavior shouldnt be all day every day. its horrid. its maddening. its depressing. i feel like im at the end of dealing with it all. i always hope the next day is better and its not on most days. i walk in to a mess to start my mornings on most days. dishes, table, floor....ya know, i can feed 10 kids AND do the dishes as they happen. the boss has a helper here before i even get here and nothing is ever done. its like they are just a body to occupy space because of numbers. sooooo depressing. i just wanna cry. all the time. (
Blackcat31 01:58 PM 10-12-2012
welcome to the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation.

For what it's worth, Barney isn't my friend either.
sharlan 05:32 AM 10-15-2012
Why do I go to bed late every Sunday night, making sure everything is perfect for the morning? Then as if that isn't bad enough, I wake up 45 mns to an hour early. My alarm goes off at 5:10AM on M, T, F. But on those days I wake up anywhere between 4 and 4:30AM.
Alice Of Legend 08:09 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Why do I go to bed late every Sunday night, making sure everything is perfect for the morning? Then as if that isn't bad enough, I wake up 45 mns to an hour early. My alarm goes off at 5:10AM on M, T, F. But on those days I wake up anywhere between 4 and 4:30AM.
I feel you! I stayed up late cleaning (like every Sunday) and then woke up since 4:45am when I don't have to be up until 5:45 or 6!

I hate Mondays! Not only do I always end up awake early but its our garbage day and I swear each truck (garbage, recycle, glass, and yard debris) on our route has the worst breaks of any in their fleet. Plus we're right on a cul de sac so it's not like they empty our can and move on, they have to go around the cu de sac and get everyone so it sounds like our can gets emptied 5 times per truck... My DD and early DCB (that usually goes back to sleep) are always up at 6:30 because of them Which makes a long day! I appreciate the garbage men but i really wish the breaks didn't scream so loud!
SilverSabre25 11:46 AM 10-17-2012
My darling baby boy (ha!) (no I love him, really I do!) smashed his very hard head into my nose this morning and now my nose hurts (like, not quite excruciating but very owie) every time I rub it which is a lot because it's itchy.

Blah.
sharlan 02:55 PM 10-18-2012
I'm working on 3 1/2 hrs sleep - couldn't sleep, stayed up until 2:30, then some idiot called at 6 wanting the courthouse. (Do you really think the courthouse is open at 6AM???)

I'm super cranky, have a super runny nose, a sore throat, and feel like blah. If I was a child, I would send me home. Oh, wait, I am home. Maybe, I should just send everyone else home.
Lyss 10:00 AM 10-19-2012
2 DCKs have today scheduled off but of course my only other DCK, a part timer that is never here past 12PM on Fridays, gets dropped off and DCM say "My transmission is acting up, I have an appt at 1230 to get it fixed so I won't be able to pick DCG at the normal time. DCD will be here at 530pm"

I love this DCG (3.5) but holy moly she drives me crazy when she's here all day because she thinks she needs to be entertained constantly by me or the other kids (has a had time with independent play) and now all day today it's just her and my DD (10months)... and it's pouring rain so no park or outside!

So much for my easy half day I've been looking forward to all week
lovemykidstoo 10:08 AM 10-19-2012
2 DCKs have today scheduled off but of course my only other DCK, a part timer that is never here past 12PM on Fridays, gets dropped off and DCM say "My transmission is acting up, I have an appt at 1230 to get it fixed so I won't be able to pick DCG at the normal time. DCD will be here at 530pm"

I love this DCG (3.5) but holy moly she drives me crazy when she's here all day because she thinks she needs to be entertained constantly by me or the other kids (has a had time with independent play) and now all day today it's just her and my DD (10months)... and it's pouring rain so no park or outside!

That stinks! If 12:00 is her normal leave time, can't you tell her no?
Unregistered 10:38 AM 10-19-2012
There's no way i would let some one TELL me,at drop off that they were staying late.
You can ASK me,the day before and if I can accomodate I will but sheesh!
I can't believe you said yes like it was no big deal.
No way! Ever! Just say no next time.
daycarediva 11:49 AM 10-19-2012

UGH! I am SO SORRY! Is 5:30 her regular pickup time?
Lyss 01:27 PM 10-19-2012
I did tell her that I needed more notice but I would do it for double her normal friday rate . DCM just assumed I had the all day kids like I normally do so it would be ok.

2 times a month she's here Thursday til 5:30 and then she's here every friday 8am-12pm.
wahmof3 11:11 AM 10-22-2012
DCP brought DCK an hour and a half late today. Had text me earlier to let me know- no biggie.

DCD drops off.

Not even 5 minutes later DCM texts me- DCK kids doesn't feel good so I will be back to pick him up around 2:30.

@ 1:30- I'll be there by 2

@ 1:40- is he up yet? I respond no but I will have him ready by 2
DCM- NO dont wake him he doesn't feel good let him sleep, just text me when he is awake.

OMG!!!! If he is SICK he SHOULD NOT BE HERE!!!!

And to think I wanted monday to be nice to me
mamap 06:21 PM 10-25-2012
I've got a darling almost two-year-old who has learned to roll her eyes! What?!?! She does it regularly (or at least any time she's corrected, which equates to regularly).
mema 11:46 AM 10-30-2012
I really just need 1 rest time where everyone sleeps for at least 30 minutes or is at least quiet. Seems like lately someone is always screaming, crying, whining, talking, giggling. I have separated them the best I can, but that is not working either.
Blackcat31 12:01 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
I really just need 1 rest time where everyone sleeps for at least 30 minutes or is at least quiet. Seems like lately someone is always screaming, crying, whining, talking, giggling. I have separated them the best I can, but that is not working either.
Yeah, tell them to settle down, they are making mine wake up and I am not ready for nap time to be over yet!

Hoping the day gets much better for you! (((hugs)))
mema 05:20 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yeah, tell them to settle down, they are making mine wake up and I am not ready for nap time to be over yet!

Hoping the day gets much better for you! (((hugs)))
Sorry! It all went down hill the rest of the day. I use to have really good sleepers, well, with the exception of 1. The food program lady came and all he11 broke loose. This is making my decision almost final on closing. Hope your day off tomorrow is quiet and filled with lotsa cake Happy birthday!
SilverSabre25 04:48 AM 11-05-2012
I want to change dcb's poop schedule. He poops literally within one minute of getting here 9 days out of 10. I don't *think* I scare the sh@! out of him... but his poop STINKS. And it's not what I like to be greeted with every day.
sahm2three 09:02 AM 11-06-2012
Things that are rubbing me the wrong way today:

1. Constant questions. I mean never ending. Things like, "What's this?" and "Where is X?" About everything and everyone. And not just from one kid. ALL. OF. THEM. Ugh.

2. Asking, "Huh?" after everything I say.

3. Crying babies. I just don't even want to hold them at all because all they do is cry. I want to cry.

4. Demanding preschoolers. And bossy. And they know everything.

5. Copycat crimes. One kid will get told NOT to do something, and the other kids run to go do whatever it was they child just got told NOT to do.

There is more, but I am tired of complaining, lol. I am sure most of it is that I am exhausted because my youngest ds had the flu the other night and I am still so very tired. I need it to be Friday already.
GrandmaDinasDaycare 01:08 PM 11-06-2012
OK I am venting alittle...

I am licensed for 14 with a helper. This past month I filled 12 of those spots and was elated.

The 1st week of October th 5 new kids started.

1st family Two little boys ages 4 and 6. Withing 2 days the 4 yr old has hit one of my babies under age 2 2x and peed all over my bathroom and told me he was mad, I asked why he said he just was so I discussed it with the mom which I have known for years and her reply was boys will be boys so I had to let them go now out $1000.00.

2nd Family two cute boys ages 1 and 3, both angels and I would have adopted them for sure but on day 3 the father said he wants his one year old to be held alot and he is insecure (I saw nothing like that) and for the boys to only listen to christian music and christian television. I explained I can not do that even though I enjoy both of those things myself and that when we do have TV or music appreciation time they are kid friendly lessons. He didn't care so he yanked his children and put them with a lady who said she would do that so another $1000.00 gone

3rd Family Two B/G twins age 4 months. Love Love Loved them. Mom was a no show most the time and the agency who was paying her childcare decided she was to be dropped so she couldn't pay me and now she is gone and the babies live with family. Out another $1000.00 OMG. I am now down to 6 kids and under $3K a month. I am freaking out.

I have been in tears. I am used to being full. Parents really don't want to work around here and everyone is on our state funded programs so when they don't show I don't get paid which is a lot lately.

Just feeling so frustrated...

Miss Dina (Schaefer)
Owner of Grandma Dinas Daycare
Yreka, California
Lyss 02:31 PM 11-08-2012
Did I miss the weekend? Is today Monday? Cause it sure feels like a Monday! All my kids are terrors! The fighting, whining, and crying oh my! Anyone wanna swing by and take over?

I just keep telling myself "tomorrow is Friday, tomorrow is Friday"

I need some chocolate
kitykids3 12:08 PM 11-09-2012
If I could find a replacement for my assistant, or didn't need her for covering ratios, she would be gone in a heartbeat.

Maybe it's cuz I have a high work ethic and expect the same, but I do not think it's ok to be late everyday, even if for a few minutes. EVERYDAY?! really? when I've talked to u more than once about it.

Now in the last 4 weeks you've called off 4 times and then last night u tell me that you can only come in for 2 of your 5 hour shift next Tuesday cuz u made an eye doctor appt! WHY on a shift that I need you here for ratios. You only work about 15 hours a week as it is and I suggest you reschedule and say you can't get something til the 29th! Well the 29th would work since I don't have you scheduled that day. Duh!

And you tell me the reason you need to have the appt is cuz you haven't been wearing your glasses. Well, that is completely on you. So my business is at risk of being written up because of your lack of responsibility? Why? That is not how it goes.

Plus I have been telling you for 6 MONTHS, since you started that you need your CPR class before your 6 month anniversary. For some reason or another you never get it done when I mention it, and now I got written up by DCF for it. And NO, they can't take it back! That's why I told you 8+ times to get it done.

Plus I am not your mommy. You should take the responsibility to look up where I told you that you can take it. I even gave you the website to look up the info and sign up, yet you've asked me a few times for the number. Be an adult. I am your boss, not your hand holder to make sure you do what you are supposed to.

Now YoungStar is going to start coming in and you still aren't interacting with the kiddos like you should and like I've asked and shown. So my rating may go down if they come in to rate me on a day you are here and not up to par. I've worked extremely hard to get my 4 star out of 5 star rating, which is unheard of for any other family provider in the area, not to let it go down cuz you can't do what is asked of you!!!

Now I open my recordkeeping in which you supposedly had entered the expenses into the software, only to find out that you didn't actually enter the month of Sept, even tho you marked on the receipts that you did! Now I have to go back and do it, on top of the ton of paperwork I need to do.

And don't get an attitude with me when I say taking off on Tuesday doesn't work for me. You are already scheduled and to cover ratios, plus you called off 2 days ago when I needed you to help cover ratios.

Why do I have an assistant if she can't accomplish basic responsibilities.
I don't think it is too much to ask to make sure you come to all your shifts (except occassional emergency I understand) and to come on time and do what you're supposed to!!! It's an employer marketplace right now, and you just might be gone real soon. Forget getting to ur 6 month review and raise. If I could deduct pay, I would.

If you can't be responsible enough as a part time employee, how are you going to open your own daycare?

UGH!

Sorry for long rant, but I've been letting things slide for quite a while and last night telling me about eye appt was last straw.
Blackcat31 12:12 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by amberln30:
Forget getting to ur 6 month review and raise. If I could deduct pay, I would.

Why not give her job duties and pay her according to how many of those she actually does?

Contract her to do 15 hours of work each week. But pay is determined by the actual completion of ALL hours.

~I know that probably wouldn't work but it sure sounds good in theory.

Sounds to me like you need to be looking for a replacement and quickly too. Hoping you figure it out...
sharlan 09:06 AM 11-13-2012
I HATE Vaseline!!!!! Did I mention that I HATE the stuff? I know I've told Mom a million and one times that I WILL NOT use it, don't bring it.

Baby is red from yesterday's diarrhea. I have Balmex, Desitin, and AquaPhor. What does Mom bring? Yep, Vaseline and tells dh that I need to use it every diaper change. Not happening.

This baby is covered from head (yes, hair, too) to toe in Vaseline every single day. I am always wiping it off with baby wipes.
EntropyControlSpecialist 11:34 AM 11-13-2012
I HATE Vaseline!!!!! Did I mention that I HATE the stuff? I know I've told Mom a million and one times that I WILL NOT use it, don't bring it.

Baby is red from yesterday's diarrhea. I have Balmex, Desitin, and AquaPhor. What does Mom bring? Yep, Vaseline and tells dh that I need to use it every diaper change. Not happening.

This baby is covered from head (yes, hair, too) to toe in Vaseline every single day. I am always wiping it off with baby wipes.
I love Vaseline. My husband tells me that I was born the wrong color. His Mom used to "grease him up" with it every winter when they lived in New York to prevent him from being ashy.
providerandmomof4 11:52 AM 11-13-2012
OMG....what a day so far. I am keeping my pt boys all day this week and this was a big mistake. It is like they are starting brand new and don't know any of the rules! Also the 2 yr dcb normally part timert has hit my other dcb with a lego and left a huge bruise on his cheek. Uggh! They went in my closet while I was changing a diaper in the playroom and dumped out all my bins of small toys! Waking up the other baby in the process that was sleeping in there. Who are these boys? The extra time with them is really showing me how they may normally act on a daily basis....I feel like such a meanie! I yelled twice! Hopefully the rest of the week will go smoother. Hopefully they are just testing me today.
sharlan 03:32 PM 11-13-2012
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist:
I love Vaseline. My husband tells me that I was born the wrong color. His Mom used to "grease him up" with it every winter when they lived in New York to prevent him from being ashy.
You can have it. I don't even want it in my house. I've gone as far as giving the mom Cetaphil to use.
EAP 09:43 AM 11-15-2012
I have been hit and kicked everyday by the kid who is leaving in a few weeks, he climbs on furniture, refuses to get down, I take him down and he attacks me physically.
Holiday Park 05:34 PM 11-18-2012
Belated Vent:
So last week PT DKG (13 months) tries to bite my son twice within 5 minutes and of course I was right there to stop here before she did it. When I asked her mom if she is now biting, her mom said yes she has been biting mom&dad at home. I'm like It would have been nice to know this BEFORE HAND so I would know to look out for it.... Yeah, that was real nice to just wait until *I* brought it up. Had I been in the kitchen (full view,on other side of the gate) during those times, He would have been bitten twice on the hand ! She said she figured because DKG didn't do it at gramma's house, she wouldn't do it here. These are the parents that never communicate anything, unless she isn't coming. So I'm always asking stuff like to try to keep up with her, like what is her likes/dislikes,did she get a good sleep the night before,what is she eating now,etc... She only comes 2 days a week,so I can handle shadowing her to prevent biting,or biting triggers, or separating her temporarily if I can't shadow her.
wahmof3 10:56 AM 11-19-2012
Have you ever had that family that the child is great, but the family will send you to the looney bin????

I have posted about this DCF before. I am not sure how much more I can take.

Today DCF shows up roughly 30 minutes before normal drop off. DCD rings my doorbell- which every.single.family. knows NOT to do this as my dh works late and is sleeping. The doorbell caught me off guard and I didn't even look at the clock.

Now they are texting me asking if today is normal pick up. Mondays are always 4p pick up as my DD has a commitment. As soon as I see who the text is from my adrenaline kicks in.

Everyday last week they picked up before 3:30 EXCEPT the ONE day I needed the dck picked up by 3:30 and they arrived at 3:40- almost like they are doing this intentionally.

I have found a replacement for them but was wanting to wait until after the holidays as I need the extra income right now. I just don't know how much more I can take mentally.

I could really use a crying smilie right now............ or better yet a fed up one! lol
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 11-19-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
Have you ever had that family that the child is great, but the family will send you to the looney bin????

I have posted about this DCF before. I am not sure how much more I can take.

Today DCF shows up roughly 30 minutes before normal drop off. DCD rings my doorbell- which every.single.family. knows NOT to do this as my dh works late and is sleeping. The doorbell caught me off guard and I didn't even look at the clock.

Now they are texting me asking if today is normal pick up. Mondays are always 4p pick up as my DD has a commitment. As soon as I see who the text is from my adrenaline kicks in.

Everyday last week they picked up before 3:30 EXCEPT the ONE day I needed the dck picked up by 3:30 and they arrived at 3:40- almost like they are doing this intentionally.

I have found a replacement for them but was wanting to wait until after the holidays as I need the extra income right now. I just don't know how much more I can take mentally.

I could really use a crying smilie right now............ or better yet a fed up one! lol
Here is a crying smilie for you....

But ((((hugs)))) for dealing with all that. I would charge them a fee for early drop off. I would also let them know that they will be charged extra for ANY time outside their normal time frames of drop off and pick ups.

FWIW~ Most parents drive me batty.....the kids I love, the parents....not always so much but I guess that is how it goes in this business.
wahmof3 03:15 PM 11-19-2012
Here is a crying smilie for you....

But ((((hugs)))) for dealing with all that. I would charge them a fee for early drop off. I would also let them know that they will be charged extra for ANY time outside their normal time frames of drop off and pick ups.

FWIW~ Most parents drive me batty.....the kids I love, the parents....not always so much but I guess that is how it goes in this business.
Thank you!! DCM is ticked off at me now bc she has to pay full rate for this week. I don't even care--------------> don't let the door hit ya
EntropyControlSpecialist 03:21 PM 11-19-2012
Every single time I interact with a certain parent I walk away either rolling my eyes or doing a twitchy eye. Every single time.

Lyss 07:34 AM 11-20-2012
UGH!! Why is it so hard for my DH to be quiet?!

I only have one DCB today (and tomorrow) as everyone else is on holiday (not sure how multiple DCPs swung 4 days off for Thanksgiving but l'll take it! ) DCB gets here @ 630 and always goes back to sleep til 745

It's been pouring rain lately, to the point we're having lots of flooding, so I planned to take DD and DCB to a local indoor play place BUT that requires my DD to sleep in as long as possible otherwise her am nap falls right into open hours for the play place (open til noon and she'll sleep 9-12 if she gets up before 730) and we can't go or I have to take them to the more $$ one which I'm not doing. So of course DH gets up early today and decides to make all kinds of noise "cooking" himself breakfast! Then DH also lets the dog out of her kennel (he KNOWS she stays til everyone's up) and she woke DCB up at 7 trying to cuddle on his mat with him! So not only is DD up at 6:50 and DCB at 7 but now my kitchen is a mess! Argh! You can bet he's not getting dinner tonight!

DH better watch it, our elf on the shelf is gonna tell Santa he's not being very nice!
sahm2three 09:44 AM 11-20-2012
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist:
Every single time I interact with a certain parent I walk away either rolling my eyes or doing a twitchy eye. Every single time.

LOVE this! I think it sould be added our regular smilies!
DaycareMomma 10:24 AM 11-20-2012
Why is it that every time my phone rings my son thinks he can get away with murder? Thankfully its usually a friend that also does daycare and she knows he's like this because her son is too, so she's used to hearing it. I could have strangled him just now when he did it. He's such a goober today!
Sunshine74 09:38 PM 11-20-2012
Possibly the worst afternoon ever- this all happened between the hours of 2 and 4pm in our preschool room.

DCG wakes up with wet pants- change her, clean cot, floor, blanket to the wash
At snack time DCB vomited (and for some reason thought it was funny?)
While cleaning up that mess, another DCG vomited on the opposite side of the room.
Called in reinforcements- 2 people (my other teacher and someone who came to help) cleaned the room/kids and I took the rest of them to another room.
Finally got that all cleaned up and just made it outside with about half (the other teacher was staying inside with the sick ones, and a few others who lost the first few minutes of outside time.
Only lasted about 5 minutes outside before DCB wet his pants. Brought them all back inside.
Of course there were all the other preschool issues/behaviors that had to be handled during that time (like DCG who decided to slap her brother across the face right before we went outside).
And there was still an hour left in my day.

Tomorrow cannot be over fast enough.
SilverSabre25 04:56 AM 11-21-2012
Sigh...working for ten minutes and so far toddler dcb has been a pill the whole time. He protests the fact of my son's very existence (they're 10 weeks apart), and just got mad about something, tried to bodyslam the couch, missed, and landed headfirst on the hard floor instead. Then he pointed and screeched at my son, as though blaming him for it... *sigh*

Laundry, cooking, cleaning, childcare, and a tendonitis flare up....this will be an interesting day.

update: as I was about to hit "submit reply" he was carrying one of those big little tykes drums across the floor, tripped over a step stool, and managed to gouge his face with his fingernails () and so is bleeding and howling now. let this NOT be hint of things to come for the day...
Lyss 07:40 AM 11-21-2012
DCM of the only DCB I have today says last night "I'm gonna be late tomorrow, 7:15 instead of 6:30" (Even my DH heard this so i didn't hear her wrong)

So now @ 735 she's still not here! I text and get this:

"Oh I meant 8:15ish, maybe even 9, but DCB will only be there for about 2 hours, i'll be back at 11:30 just have to work at least 2 hours. Oh and will you make DH a welcome home sign? thanks"

Really!?! First of all I could have slept in, and after the long night I had, an extra hour would have given me 4 hours of sleep instead of 3!! Second... ME make a welcome home sign for HER DH that is returning today from Afghanistan? ...wow

This week has been nothing but bs from DCPs and my own family! Can the holidays be over yet?
Country Kids 08:01 AM 11-21-2012
DCM of the only DCB I have today says last night "I'm gonna be late tomorrow, 7:15 instead of 6:30" (Even my DH heard this so i didn't hear her wrong)

So now @ 735 she's still not here! I text and get this:

"Oh I meant 8:15ish, maybe even 9, but DCB will only be there for about 2 hours, i'll be back at 11:30 just have to work at least 2 hours. Oh and will you make DH a welcome home sign? thanks"

Really!?! First of all I could have slept in, and after the long night I had, an extra hour would have given me 4 hours of sleep instead of 3!! Second... ME make a welcome home sign for HER DH that is returning today from Afghanistan? ...wow

This week has been nothing but bs from DCPs and my own family! Can the holidays be over yet?
All I can say is Seriously?

Tell her you are closing since she didn't bother to tell you she would be late and you only have her child.
Lyss 10:32 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
All I can say is Seriously?

Tell her you are closing since she didn't bother to tell you she would be late and you only have her child.
I know... What is it with people?

She had originally told me 7:15 to 10:30 but now she's saying 8:30 to 11:30?! nope!

I text her back (after venting ) and said I had made plans because she said only til 10:30 so DCB could come from 8:15 to 10:30 but I had to be somewhere at 11 so 10:30 pick up was firm, no wiggle room. Also i wasn't making the sign for DH.

She said: "Oh that's fine! I actually called in [to work] already so I don't really need to bring DCB. Just wanted to get some stuff done. I'll just keep him home. Happy Thanksgiving "
kitykids3 11:43 AM 11-26-2012
Working the Monday after a 4 day weekend is OK.
Working a Monday not fun, but not horrible.
Working Monday after 4 day weekend for 10.5 hours while sick with no break, bad!
Nextgen 12:26 PM 11-26-2012
Hi i am in the process of opening my daycare and i have been reading a lot of posts on this forum. I read that people are taking care of children with no fence, and i have had to build a fence not knowing if it is going to pass licensing inspection. I had a hard time getting and finding the toys etc. I am waiting for the licensing consultant to come to my home, and hopefully get licensed. I have a small in home in Alabama, and I am zoned for 6 children but it has been so frustrating getting to what i consider the last stage before i get my license. Does anyone have any suggestions on making the most of my space in the home since I do have a small home, and a great curriculum for the children the ages are 6 wks to 5 yrs? I am using a bedroom and will open up my living room i just don't know where to place tables, diaper changing tables, baby swings and the toys etc. The licensing consultant states i need to have my home set up like i am going to run my business. Keep in mind she has not visited the home before, so all i have been doing is trying my best to follow the minimum standards guidelines set forth by The Department of Human Resources.
trippingontoys 06:18 AM 11-28-2012
When you make arrangements to be here before I open and then are still not here 45 minutes after you said you would be, that's okay. I didn't have anything else to do. I am already open 10 hours a day five days a week. I don't mind giving up my time for no extra money. I'm glad its almost time to revise my policies. I'm going to go to scheduled hours and if the child is here outside of scheduled hours, you pay extra. Every parent I've had started out with one pick up/drop off time that has slowly become earlier and later over time. Its okay, I enjoy working my tail end off for $2 an hour. I used to be one of those people who thought child care wasn't a difficult job. I was horribly wrong. I have apologized repeatedly to the lady that used to watch my kids before I worked at home. Because I'm sure I did some of the things that drive me insane now.

The parent just texted me. She meant to call me and let me know she wasn't going to be here until 9 and that DCB would be here until 2pm instead of 11:30am. But she fell back to sleep. Sleep? What's that? I got up an hour before I had to for no reason. Grrrrrr.

And to top it all off, I just got the news that my favorite pastor at church will be leaving in January. If its not enough that he is the best preacher I have ever heard, I also babysit his 3 year old. Winter is my slow time anyway and I was praying about trying to find another child. I guess I just got my answer. Flyers going up today.

Today, I am Scarlet O'Hara. I won't think about it now, I'll think about it tomorrow, when I can stand it.
sahm2three 09:04 AM 11-28-2012
Kids and destruction. And one that doesn't listen to any directions. Not sure if she understands or not. Talks well but doesnt' seem to comprehend the spoken word. Ugh.
BumbleBee 09:33 AM 11-28-2012
My SA (8) and I had been taking a walk around town/on the trails every day after snack. We'd usually end up walking about 2 miles and it took anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour & a half depending on how often we stopped to chat w/people, look at things, etc. She enjoyed it and never complained. Then she went on vacation.

The last 2 days have been miserable walks. First day she asked me every 5 minutes when we were going home. We made it 30 minutes (my personal minimum for afternoon outside time). Yesterday she dragged her feet, walked at the speed of sloth, whined and at one point flat out refused to walk any further.

I KNOW she can walk.....we were doing it just 2 weeks ago w/no problems. I don't care how far we go or how slow we go but the constant griping and attitude really gets on my nerves. Since she is my only one right now I give her the choice of going for a walk or playing in the yard-she always chooses walk.

I hate retraining-especially when they know better!
Sunshine74 06:09 PM 11-28-2012
Kids and destruction. And one that doesn't listen to any directions. Not sure if she understands or not. Talks well but doesnt' seem to comprehend the spoken word. Ugh.
I have one of these too. I go back and forth as to whether he doesn't understand, or if he just doesn't listen.

Some days I wonder if I sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown when I talk to the kids. :/
Unregistered 02:08 PM 11-29-2012
Why do parents ALWAYS pick up their kids late on the last day of care? I was supposed to be forever done with the worst kids 15 minutes ago and the parents are still not here, with no calls.

This happened to the last family I termed too. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE ALREADY!
mema 08:10 AM 11-30-2012
Wow! I thought the full moon was on Wednesday. It must be a carry over affect for dcg today. Screaming, yelling, swatting, crying, and the fit that results in the sounds that could lead to puking (don't flame me.....secretly praying that it leads to it so I can send her home). Happy flippin Friday! 6 hours 40 minutes to go
sahm2three 12:11 PM 11-30-2012
Two more weeks. Two more weeks until my problem child is done. I can do this. Light at the end of the tunnel!
Hazel 11:59 AM 12-03-2012
Ok, I know this is partially my fault.. But my business is really slow this last year so I am being more flexible... I just hate when people take advantage!
I close at 5:30, but I don't charge a late fee until 5:45 mainly bc I have had good people thru the years and they all "get it".. But this one family... They came to me bc dad was deployed and mom would be on her own... She needed some flexibility bc she is a physicians assistant and travels a bit for work. So the issue isn't that she comes at 5:45, or even 5:50 a time or two A week... It's what goes down when she gets here! Her 4 yo boy suddenly has a rocket up his rear end and tears around my house (she gently scolds but it does nothing) and she just can't get her kids together to get out! I try to stop him but I feel its her job once she comes. I remind him of the rules, i stop him.. But she seemed a bit put off when I get too involved. If you come right at closing or late, you need to move your butt and go! She must tell the child 10 times to put on his coat (she is usually trying to corral her 18 month old spitfire! They are great kids, and a great family, but it's hard.. I've tried almost everything to help her... Have all their stuff packed and waiting by the door, shoes on, COATS on... He will do ANYTHING to delay leaving! He will suddenly have to use the bathroom (so off goes the coat) and while we wait, the baby girl gets fidgety and off come her shoes! I've even told her to get baby in the car and I'd bring boy out to her... It STILL takes forever! And now we are down to one car, so I have to pick 2 family members up at work when I get done.. And she KNOWS IT! Dad is now home from afganistan and never answers the phone if she needs him to come get the kids (when she's late). Ugh! Sorry! Thanks for letting me vent! I know the solution is to step up and say something, it's just hard ... Always afraid of losing one of the few clients I have... ARG!
BumbleBee 12:05 PM 12-03-2012
2 hr fog delay for school on a Monday. Kid was fine but it totally messes up my day.
Bookworm 02:27 PM 12-05-2012
No, the face that your "potty trained" 3 1/2 yr old makes as she is POOPING IN HER PANTS ON THE PLAYGROUND is NOT CUTE OR FUNNY. But the look on your face when you were told that you were responsible for cleaning her up was priceless.
theycallmetaytor 08:13 PM 12-05-2012
It was one of those days where I'm surprised I didn't pull all of my hair out...4 coughing kids, 1 teething. Nearly nonexsistent naps. Dcb puked and mom calls to ask what he ate-tells me well I'll bring him in tomorrow if he doesn't throw up again. Uhh...no, no. All on top of the stress of closing and moving in a matter of days...Omg, my bed has never been more inviting.
sahm2three 12:04 PM 12-06-2012
Six days after today and my problem child will be GONE. Thank GOD! She makes life miserable here for all of us! She refuses to sit at the table to eat, wants to walk around and eat as she did in her last daycare. She wants to carry her blankie and paci around all the time, which I do not allow, and screams constantly if she can't have it so she sits in a chair all day long. She naps for no more than 30 minutes and then whines the entire rest of nap time. She is the most miserable child I have ever watched! 6 more days.......................................
Scout 05:02 AM 12-07-2012
yesterday.
2 pm...during naptime...mind you I have ALL SICK KIDS THIS WEEK WHO NEED SLEEP
In walks IL
Yelling Helloooo....

I mean come on! This is the 2nd visit during naptime for absolutely no reason! And, you guessed it. Woke up the remainder of the kids sleeping.
I was having a hard enough time before this cus everyone fell asleep in the morning due to not feeling good. GRRR.
providerandmomof4 09:55 AM 12-09-2012
I have been sooo sick with a horrible sinus infection this weekend and female trouble as well. All I can think of is how nice it would be to have 2mor off...my daughter and grand-daughter live with us and they have both been sick as well. Baby has cried all weekend. I think that I would welcome a padded room simply because it would be QUIET.......
sahm2three 09:53 AM 12-10-2012
The countdown continues, 4 days left after today and the termed child will be gone. It will be like an early Christmas present! Ha ha! She is at her Monday best today! Oy!
sharlan 04:13 PM 12-10-2012
Why is it you change everybody's diaper, get shoes and jackets on, go to load up the stroller and somebody has a poopy diaper? I've had it happen 3 days in a row.
daycarediva 10:47 AM 12-11-2012
Why is it you change everybody's diaper, get shoes and jackets on, go to load up the stroller and somebody has a poopy diaper? I've had it happen 3 days in a row.
I am so sorry, but I can sympathize! Had everyone pottied and changed, dressed in full snow gear, boots on and then I smelled it. Second day in a row here!
Auntie'sHouse 06:14 AM 12-12-2012
Inspection lady came 3 weeks ago and I was on a (daycare trip) Sooooo I was aware that she would soon be back...Every thing is in order other than trying to keep toys in their place...and trying to keep my own children to keep the baby gates up during dc hours and off limit area doors locked and cleaners away etc....My violation???? The first aid kit!!! My 2 nieces come over and play nurse and use every size bandaid...well my kit apparently was missing lots of stuff! I was mad but I guess its my own fault...I thought saying don't touch would work...So now I am making 2 kits, 1 for OCC and 1 for my nieces: rolleyes:
wahmof3 07:04 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by Auntie'sHouse:
Inspection lady came 3 weeks ago and I was on a (daycare trip) Sooooo I was aware that she would soon be back...Every thing is in order other than trying to keep toys in their place...and trying to keep my own children to keep the baby gates up during dc hours and off limit area doors locked and cleaners away etc....My violation???? The first aid kit!!! My 2 nieces come over and play nurse and use every size bandaid...well my kit apparently was missing lots of stuff! I was mad but I guess its my own fault...I thought saying don't touch would work...So now I am making 2 kits, 1 for OCC and 1 for my nieces: rolleyes:
I bought a cheap one and made sure everything is in it that I need and HID IT for this same reason!!! I can totally relate!
sahm2three 08:54 AM 12-12-2012
How many times can you warn them that if they get down from the snack table that tells me they are done eating??? So why do you act surprised when I pick your snack up when you have gotten down?!?! UGH!
sahm2three 09:32 AM 12-12-2012
5 1/2 to 6 more hours of the terror!!! Then peace will be had by all tomorrow in daycare land!
Country Kids 09:56 AM 12-12-2012
How many times can you warn them that if they get down from the snack table that tells me they are done eating??? So why do you act surprised when I pick your snack up when you have gotten down?!?! UGH!
I had one throw a 30 minute fit when I did this the other day!
Play Care 09:36 AM 12-13-2012
I had someone come to look at my furnace today. He said he needed a part and would be back. It's been several hours and he's not back. It's quiet time and I need to get things done, but I am stuck waiting so I can quickly get him in without waking everyone
daycarediva 11:52 AM 12-13-2012
My sweet, caring, kind, dcb came in crying today (NEVER!), sat at the breakfast table and ate (while crying) and then vomited ALL OVER everyone's food, the table, floor, another dcb's foot, etc. I had to call DCM back to pick him up before she even made it all the way to work.

When I say sweet, as this 2yo is vomiting over the toilet (second time) he is saying "Sowwy I pooked on yer bweakfists FWIENDS!" (vomit) "I sowwy Miss. *****!" "The food is all yucky now!" (vomit)

it was SOOOOO pathetic. It took a LOT of convincing that his apologies were accepted. Poor sweet man! As of Mom's last text, he is still vomiting and dry heaving after even a sip of water.
daycarediva 11:53 AM 12-13-2012
I had to put this in the vent thread because I HATE PUKE! OMG I HATE IT! It makes me gag and I had to try SO HARD not to throw up while helping dcb, and then I did end up throwing up when I was cleaning up. FUN TIMES.
sharlan 01:04 PM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
I bought a cheap one and made sure everything is in it that I need and HID IT for this same reason!!! I can totally relate!
I have mine hanging on the wall out of the kids' reach.
Hunni Bee 05:18 PM 12-13-2012
When I say sweet, as this 2yo is vomiting over the toilet (second time) he is saying "Sowwy I pooked on yer bweakfists FWIENDS!" (vomit) "I sowwy Miss. *****!" "The food is all yucky now!" (vomit)
Awww poor little sweetie!! I hope he feels better.
DCBlessings27 05:22 PM 12-13-2012
I'm missing my niece's choir concert right now because I didn't have a parent pick up until 6:10. My dh and dd had to leave finally without me because we were supposed to have our niece there by 6:15. DD is 3; all she wanted in the world tonight was to go hear cousin sing. Dh was going to come pick me up after taking niece, but dd would have had a meltdown if they'd left the school. I don't charge late fees, but this is changing after my maternity leave. Thank goodness I only have a week plus tomorrow before I'm off for 6 weeks. I NEED the time.
Blackcat31 08:43 AM 12-14-2012
Ya know glitter is kind of like an STD.

You had fun but now you can't get rid of it!
Play Care 09:03 AM 12-14-2012
If my 3 1/2 year old dc boy tells me "I'm telling Mommy on you!" one more time today...
So not happy with his behavior at.all. and this is just the icing.
mema 09:24 AM 12-14-2012
Ya know glitter is kind of like an STD.

You had fun but now you can't get rid of it!
Ah yes, I HATE glitter. DD spilled a packet of it in her closet and didn't say anything. Everytime I vacuum, I still find little flakes and it's been 3 months.
mema 03:15 PM 12-14-2012
Dcm dropped off this am, didn't say anything, but heard other parents say they were coming at 330-ALL the others.

She comes strolling in at exactly closing time with a friend. Apparently, she had the day off. Which first off, I should know, so if I needed to get a hold of you. I know it shouldn't bug me, but seriously, even 15 minutes early instead of on the dot.

I had dcb's ready to go already and was kinda pushing them out the door-Hey dcb have a great weekend, see you Monday ok! And she's all, what are you up to this weekend? Any plans? I just had a great day off, I would like another! I guess I'll have to drop dcbs off to grandmas so I can clean and do laundry tomorrow and maybe a bit of shopping. Ummm, ok, what the hell did you do all day???

I have no plans other than to wait for you on Monday-I have no life-bye!

Cheers!
Lyss 09:18 PM 12-14-2012
DCM had DCD's present shipped to my house so that she could pick it up when she got DCB as it's a large item so amazon only ships it in its original box and DCD doesn't work currently so he's home all day (I know i know...long story) which means he'd get it and obviously know what it was when UPS arrived.

She prearranged this and made sure delivery date was one of DCBs regular days (as I said I won't store it), its no biggy to me as I'm expecting a UPS package that day anyway and UPS always comes after nap time.

Then I get a email from DCM today letting me know it's on schedule for delivery and a request.......... "could you please wrap it?" Seriously? I wasn't even slightly cordial in my reply. I'm not her assistant and I'm certainly not her slave.
BumbleBee 06:15 PM 12-16-2012
Newsflash: When I have attempted to get ahold of you 6 times since Friday to find out if your child will be attending on Monday (drop-in) do not be suprised when you call at 9pm on Sunday night and I am less than pleasant about you wanting to drop-off before I open.

Had you asked instead of told & informed me of this on Friday, or even Saturday, I probably would've said yes.
MamaG 10:26 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Play Care:
If my 3 1/2 year old dc boy tells me "I'm telling Mommy on you!" one more time today...
So not happy with his behavior at.all. and this is just the icing.
I use that line on my kids all the time. Lol she gets so mad (DCG) because if I tell parents she was bad she gets in trouble at home too.
Sunshine74 04:44 PM 12-18-2012
Why, oh why, do I catch everything the kids have? Some of our preschoolers were hit by a stomach bug late last week and over the weekend, and guess what I spent all last night doing? At least I am sick now and not for Christmas.
Blackcat31 05:03 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Why, oh why, do I catch everything the kids have? Some of our preschoolers were hit by a stomach bug late last week and over the weekend, and guess what I spent all last night doing? At least I am sick now and not for Christmas.
Sorry you are not feeling well. Hoping you recovery quickly and way to look at it positively!
Play Care 05:19 AM 12-19-2012
Not my fault your child isn't wearing pj's on pajama day. You have made it crystal clear that you view me as a "sitter" and don't appreciate all the "extras" I provide, BUT you do not have the right to be annoyed because my other clients do appreciate it and chose to participate fully in my program.
mema 10:38 AM 12-19-2012
$*^%! Dcg was having a melt down at the table, so I went to pull out her chair and remove her and I stubbed my foot on the china hutch- %*$@! (Thankfully, that was hidden under my scream and tears.) Pretty sure I broke at least 1 toe, if not 2. At least, it is on the same foot that already had a broken toe and just the one foot can be all deformed. Sorry for all the &(&% words, I don't have any medicine in the house to take for the pain and I guess it's better to type it than say it with little ears around. I sure hope it heals fast. The last toe took almost 2 months to feel ok to walk on without wincing with each step.
Fruitloops1 07:52 AM 12-27-2012
Before I started actually doing full on daycare I always wondered why some providers would complain when parents bring their kids to daycare when the parent themselves is off of work. NOW I GET IT!!! 1 DCM brings her child NO MATTER WHAT(even if she is sick)! She is off this week, they came home from out of town yesterday(late in the evening, mind you) and DCG is here and guess what SHE IS NAPPING! Its 944 in the flipping morning. A two ALMOST three year old shouldn't be taking a nap at 9 am! Ya know what will happen later? She will tired because she had an early nap and will go to bed early(possibly) then DCM wont actually have to do something. At first it was like ok she wants to run errands..I get that. But dont leave her here ALL DAY. Every other normal day DCG is here til 6pm sometimes even later and bed time is at 8 or 9. So thats dinner bath and DCG tv shows she must watch daily. Another DCM I have asked me the other day if it was okay if she brought DCG over just for a few hours on Friday so she can run to the store quick. Thats fine to me. A few hours to run a few errands or maybe one full day while you are off, but the whole week while your not doing anything? COME ON! DCG should of stayed home ASLEEP had breakfast at home and then come later. Hey i'm cool with that. My group is small enough now where a child coming in the afternoon doesnt throw me off. GAH.
CozyHome 10:14 PM 12-28-2012
My Dad died 4 years ago today. I hate this day so much.
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 12-29-2012
Originally Posted by CozyHome:
My Dad died 4 years ago today. I hate this day so much.
(((((hugs)))))
MamaG 06:42 AM 12-31-2012
Ong this child is the winiest kid on the planet!! She is so starved for her moms attention it's sad. I know her mom knows it because we've talked about it. She struggles with quitting her job often I'm thinking how much I'd love to convince her to!! I just don't think it's my place kwim. We have become friends over the years and she respects my opinion, I don't know what to do! I know I can't keep watching her like this tho. This child is miserable.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57  ... Last
Reply Up